#1 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:36 PM

Hello all,

I'm trying to get a good fp build for the Stalker-3FB. Right now I'm running it with 4xERLL and 2xERML. It's a bit toasty, especially if you alpha but I am managing the heat without resorting to consumables.

Standard 310 engine and ECM. I've got the ECM nodes maxed out, cool run + heat containment nodes, about 20 nodes into survival, grinding for the rest (probably go into firepower).

Are there other and/or more effective fp builds out there?

Thanks!
CFC Conky

#2 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:15 PM

Dunno about for FP, because it... disagrees with me, but I've been running my 3FB with 6xLL in every other mode of play for a long while now. Even before the heat changes, it was manageable, but ever since? 20xDHS is a lot of dissipation. You can almost just fire 2+2+2 all day, or 3+3 for sidepeeks. It's a DPS monster. In a pinch, you can fire 4+2 for higher burst damage without risking overheat. All 6 will put you just over the line from zero, so only in emergencies.

Another possibility, though you'd sacrifice some range, is 4xLPL+2xERML, which costs the same tonnage, but you can move two more of the DHS into the torso if you want to and you can safely alpha without overheating as it's only one weapon over the ghost heat threshold.

Dual MRM30s or MRM40s with ERMLs for backup works too, but I've found that I like the pure laser builds better- since PGI tweaked the STK's armor allocation, preserving the durability boost (10%, I think?) from keeping the missile doors closed really helps protect the arm weapons. Since laser builds don't need the doors to be open at all, ever... well. Free armor and structure for nothing.

STD engine is only of marginal use on the 3FB, because it has no CT weapon (and zombie 'Mechs are mostly a thing of the past anyway)... LFE is pretty much always better. The STK's hitboxes make spreading damage easy, so your entire torso should be ready to pop around the same time anyway. Even if your heat management goes to hell after losing one side, half your heat generation is gone too so... y'know. It's worth saving a few tons. STD just eats into too much of your firepower, either by forcing you to take a weaker weapon load or by restricting the number of sinks you can bring to support it.

For skill build... the ECM nodes, obviously; then the left side of the survivability tree (for most of the armor nodes, which the STK needs being slow and hard to miss), firepower- either laser duration and heatgen nodes or all the missile nodes, depending on your build focus, operations for full cool run, and then as much of mobility as you have left over for. If FP is your bag, then you're likely to want a whole bunch of auxiliary tree nodes for the extra consumable slots. Consumable spam, especially four 'Mechs worth of consumable spam, makes a pretty significant impact in that mode. Double strikes, double coolshots, etc. Really, if you're not running at least two consumables on each 'Mech in FP (bare minimum 1pt investment in auxiliary tree), you aren't going to be as effective as you need to be, because everyone else will be spamming them. Constantly. That's one of many, many reasons why I don't like FP.

#3 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:02 PM

Thanks for the reply Wrath, since I want a bit more range when going up against the clans, I might try a LFE295, 4xERLL & 2xLL. I usually use consumables in fp, I don't use them in qp to encourage better heat management.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

Edited by CFC Conky, 07 December 2018 - 10:19 AM.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:10 PM

ECM and ERL.

That is what it does.

Easy.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users