#41 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 December 2018 - 10:58 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 09 December 2018 - 10:35 AM, said:

So first PGI decouples engine ratings so they do not affect mobility values, giving each weight class/etc their default values then starts increasing mobility values, though static, across the board. The update affects more IS mechs than Clan mechs, but still. Maybe there should be two different ranges, one for Clans and one for IS.

They're using it as an indirect means to buff IS and/or nerf Clans because they are having such a hard time tweaking the tech bases directly.

#42 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 09 December 2018 - 02:50 PM

View PostTeer Kerensky, on 08 December 2018 - 10:18 PM, said:

We already had then on cold maps. Due to the way different heat calculations worked, even previously a mech could dissipate heat when using stealth, as long as the map was cold.(I think it was that the enviroment dissipation was in full effect even when the heatsink dissapation was null due to stealth armor) So steath mechs could stay cool dissipating their movement heat and the small heat generated by gauss. You could even gradually dissipate normal amounts of heat, while keeping the stealth on, but that took a lot longer time than to dissipate the small amount of gauss+movement heat.

I've had lots of mechs trying to use them(stealt+gauss). Pure gauss sniping is just so weak and most players are able to spot you anyway once you shoot them few times, then they only need to fire even something like ERM outside of the max range, and their teammembers will notice what they are doing, and anyone with range will shoot you, plus some light or medium usually gets exited and comes to kick your *** as well.(Im sure you can have lots of fun with stealth gauss on tier 5, but then you can have similiar fun with streak Locusts as well)

Together with the fact that you have to be at least heavy to pack two gauss rifles plus all other stuff, it's not just going to work.

Sniping, in the sense that you are using long range weapons, and are standing in position way off the rest of your team, is just so challenging that most mechs can't do it.(if you want to try, take Mad IIC D with two ERL and two gauss)

Or if someone is more worried about single gauss stealt snipers, I think mainly Grille might be able to do it effective enough. You might as well as take Shadow cat for similiar effect. Grille is probably better though, but not because of the stealth.

Good snipers relocate after taking their shot, so if a player is standing still to try and squeeze a few shots from the same position, they deserve to get pasted. I've made the mistake more than once and I got what I deserved.

In this game, I personally think that if you're going to be investing in gauss type weapons, the best thing you can do to actually help a team is be more like a squad marksman. That means investing tonnage in usable backup weapons. So I think you're right that being at least a heavy mech is the best way to pull that off. I would even go so far as to say that the sweet spot for the role is 70-75 tons as anything heavier is just a waste of a team's tonnage.

#43 NUMBERZero1032

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 148 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 09 December 2018 - 03:30 PM

Jenner arms have less armor than Locust arm armor still, btw

#44 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 09 December 2018 - 04:45 PM

I was kinda hoping the Griffing buffs would be a bit more generous.

I mean compared to the Wolverine which has some 33% better base stats and is getting further buffs in this patch... The Griffin is actually still going to be an underperformer IMO. It definately needed more accell/decell and yaw - Lizzee & the other Comp guys highlighted this one.

Hopefully it can get some more love in Jan Posted Image

Overall though more mobilty across the board isn't a bad thing. Also agree the 35T mechs need some more attention still and one can only assume that is coming in Jan or Feb

#45 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

View Postdr3dnought, on 08 December 2018 - 01:36 AM, said:

Apart from the weird typo, this seems like fun

indoublitably!

#46 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

View PostNUMBERZero1032, on 09 December 2018 - 03:30 PM, said:

Jenner arms have less armor than Locust arm armor still, btw

JM6 would like to have some of its arm armor back, too. They fall off at suggestion. D:

#47 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:32 PM

Is the Spider 5V supposed to have only 10% capture rate now? In the live server it's 80% but the quirk PDF claims that the "old" value is 10% and that there was no change.

EDIT: NVM Chris confirmed that this is just a derp error, this quirk is actually not being changed for realzies.

View PostChris Lowrey, on 09 December 2018 - 09:31 PM, said:

Hey Everyone.

No the Spider 5V will not be given any form of reduction this month. This is a case where the documentation that I handed off for public release was a bit out of date, as an early development "Small Laser" cooldown on the Charger 1A1 is also incorrect. (In this case the quirks in the quirk preview are correct.)

I've made a note to update these errors from the document when I get in on Monday, and make sure they are correct in our internal February documentation to make sure it doesn't get lost in the shuffle.

Just a bit of background on these things, I typically have around 4 different versions of this doc at any given time. As between internal and public versions of this months patch, the getting close to final version of January's changes, as well as pre-planning version for Febuary, sometimes things get lost in the shuffle especially when we release a large number of changes or new values like say.... two new chassis releases and 20 other chassis edits to over 110 individual variants.

We try our best to catch these kinds of errors prior to release, but naturally, sometimes they slip through, so I apologize for the confusion on this front. I'll try to make sure it gets fixed up tomorrow once I'm back in the office.

Edited by FupDup, 09 December 2018 - 09:33 PM.

#48 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:10 AM

I had to read the bit about heat dissipation and stealth armour about four times before I understood it.

Sheesh chinglish is easier to understand!

Please put the tinker tool box down and step away and spend some time......

.....FIXING THE BLOODY MATCHMAKER!!!!!

#49 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:37 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 December 2018 - 06:14 PM, said:

Posted Image
Some requested improvements have made it into Faction Play and the Friends List this patch:
  • Added Favorites column to Friends List and entry in context menu.
Could you add a Favorites column to the Blocked list too, where the Favorite Blocked players can't be in the same team as you ?

To prevent abuse limit the amount of Favorite Blocked players : Even a limit of one will do :)

#50 Ryanlegend

• Pip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 08:50 AM

They need add a mech build shop for us to posted are builds for C bills and Mc so that if someone is like idk what to build , pgi should approved this if had the time to make this work Posted Image

#51 Mycroft Sandoval-Davion

• PipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 21 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 December 2018 - 09:38 AM

BattleMaster buff is nice. The mobility is the only thing that keeps me from running it more. Victor mobility buff seems completly unnecessary, but I'll take it. If you want to make one of my best brawlers better at brawling, I'm not going to complain.

#52 Do Legs

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:33 AM

Thank you PGI.
That heat system fix related to component destruction means a lot to me. I play hot builds and so many times was melted with side torso destruction overheat.

#53 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:50 AM

View PostDo Legs, on 10 December 2018 - 10:33 AM, said:

Thank you PGI.
That heat system fix related to component destruction means a lot to me. I play hot builds and so many times was melted with side torso destruction overheat.

The way I understand it, they fixed the display but nerfed the efficiency : Expect side torso destruction to be more deadly.

View Post5th Fedcom Rat, on 08 December 2018 - 03:35 PM, said:

Pretty anemic patch. Not much to get excited about besides the samurai mechs and items, which are pretty awesome admittedly.

That's what I like about it. In fact if they could rollback all 2018 game mechanic changes that would be even better.

#54 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 10 December 2018 - 11:32 AM

PGI, I like these changes, but I have a small request: could you add the royal sword and katana bolt-ons to the assassin?
I think it would make sence for a mech named "assassin" to carry some sort of sword on it's back or hold it in it's arm.

#55 BlackDeathLegion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:44 PM

Time to dust off my 2nd ECM Atlas . . . . with Stealth Armor, Gauss rifle, 2 ERLLs, MRM30 for long-mid range Support! Never see em' coming! :)

#56 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:39 PM

Well stealth was already screwing up invasion mode before...

But there's nothing like a stealth boost to screw it even more : I give it one day before the first forum thread pops up.

#57 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:36 AM

Looking forward to play my Stealthstar again.

#58 Daurock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:19 AM

Solid overall, though a couple of head scratchers - Why the Victor 9-A1 is getting an agility buff to the point where it still keeps up with the mediums is beyond me. Still, no massive problems that I can see on the horizon here. It will be interesting to see if i can make a viable stealth thanatos build with a heavy PPC and a gauss.

#59 frumpylumps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 10:55 AM

I really don't like how these new mechs look. So boring.

PGI could have done a lot better on Annihilator too, imo. That long neck makes it look so stupid and impractical.

#60 Blowfeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 322 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

Could we have 2 man drops in QP?

People will sync drop anyway, and if you are only looking to play the game with a friend, but not a 12 man premade, then basically you are **** out of luck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users