Starts now
Ends Jan 2nd 00:00 UTC

#2 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:24 PM

YAY playing challenges with borked arm actuators! WTF!?

#3 Lithology

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 141 posts
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:35 PM

Yep, not sure I understand why the silence about the arm actuator issue from the source. I will admit that I haven't had time to even get the patch yet, but what I am reading says there is a significant enough issue to warrant some attention. What gives, PGI?

<edit>: looks like I should have waited ten minutes, as they just announced the hot fix for tomorrow.

Edited by Lithology, 12 December 2018 - 05:14 PM.

#4 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 December 2018 - 04:47 PM

Matt Newman, THANK YOU for getting these Mech Release Challenges up for those people out there who purchased the MechPacks in advance. Now I'll get to see some more new artwork on the battlefields, as people go around picking out various ways to paint their Mechs. :D

Heh... I'll even get to find those other folks who poked you about putting up those Challenges, and get to poke them a plenty with lots of Mech Weaponry. I joke, but....... I'll be your instrument of revenge!!! :P

~D. V. "Thanks, Matt! Snow-styled Assaults will be fun to see." Devnull

#5 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 06:46 PM

Where is the 'Do 1000 damage with small lasers, not er smals, not small pulse, only IS small lasers' challenge?
This is what the Charger was made to do!

#6 Audacious Aubergine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 09:14 PM

On a somewhat related note, that bugle warhorn is one of the best yet

#7 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:15 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 December 2018 - 04:47 PM, said:

Matt Newman, THANK YOU for getting these Mech Release Challenges up for those people out there who purchased the MechPacks in advance. Now I'll get to see some more new artwork on the battlefields, as people go around picking out various ways to paint their Mechs. Posted Image

As you wish but there's only one way to paint the Hatamoto Chi Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:16 AM

View PostAkillius, on 14 December 2018 - 10:15 AM, said:

As you wish but there's only one way to paint the Hatamoto Chi Posted Image

Posted Image

Eh... You're missing a "SnowFall Camo"... How would you color it then? :P

By the way, is that the 'Shugo Hero Default Camo' you're running there? I forgot. :unsure:

~D. V. "also looks like someone in PGI's Art Department needs to fix up the Weapon Camos" Devnull

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 12 December 2018 - 09:14 PM, said:

On a somewhat related note, that bugle warhorn is one of the best yet

Bugle?

Does it sound like....this?

If so...its about time, I mean it's only been 6 and a half years.

Well 6 years and two months.

#10 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:12 PM

Its the Kurita camo pattern I think was early adopter for Hatamoto Chi, just turned it from white to red and added some decals.
For house Kurita the secondary color probably should be same as primary (crimson red) but it kinda looked blah to me. But hey it came with Butternut squash yellow... and I just liked how that looks a bit more.

Here's how to replicate those colors from default, plus fill in those missing parts of the dragon.
Posted Image

#11 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 02:52 PM

View PostAkillius, on 14 December 2018 - 12:12 PM, said:

Its the Kurita camo pattern I think was early adopter for Hatamoto Chi, just turned it from white to red and added some decals.
For house Kurita the secondary color probably should be same as primary (crimson red) but it kinda looked blah to me. But hey it came with Butternut squash yellow... and I just liked how that looks a bit more.

Here's how to replicate those colors from default, plus fill in those missing parts of the dragon.
Posted Image

Your arrangement work looks pretty darn cool there. I do think however that the yellow you chose for the Secondary on the Kurita Faction Camo itself is a better choice. The crimson red color for the Secondary just causes the black parts to drown out instead. The yellow makes the flame tongue show, causing the dragon head to look right. ^_^

Maybe create a second set of screenies with the yellow better identified, just for user reference? :)

~D. V. "I think you have a better sense of Faction Camo choices here... Blah isn't good." Devnull

#12 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 08:16 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 December 2018 - 02:52 PM, said:

Your arrangement work looks pretty darn cool there. I do think however that the yellow you chose for the Secondary on the Kurita Faction Camo itself is a better choice. The crimson red color for the Secondary just causes the black parts to drown out instead. The yellow makes the flame tongue show, causing the dragon head to look right. Posted Image

Maybe create a second set of screenies with the yellow better identified, just for user reference? Posted Image

~D. V. "I think you have a better sense of Faction Camo choices here... Blah isn't good." Devnull

Hey thanks but I actually just quickly slap-dash everything together.
Sometimes it just looks better but most other times I'm like meh good enough... Queue up and Lets Drop!
Ha ha ha. Well thats my secret to camo and paints. :D

#13 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:11 AM

@Matt, the Extra pattern unlock is a proper reward for the collectors pack. Hope it will become a standard feature going forward. :)

#14 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 03:20 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 15 December 2018 - 03:11 AM, said:

@Matt, the Extra pattern unlock is a proper reward for the collectors pack. Hope it will become a standard feature going forward. Posted Image

I always go for early adopter rewards because of pattern, extra cbills, colours, and back in the day a module.

The Collectors packs have always felt a little heavy in price (imo) so a 2nd pattern unlocked would be nice.
Although an option to pick 1 bolton, OR _ 4,095,000 CBills And 72,800 GXP (to make 91 skill points) might go farther to entice others to get collectors packs?

Edited by Akillius, 15 December 2018 - 05:08 PM.

#15 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 16 December 2018 - 01:08 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 15 December 2018 - 03:11 AM, said:

@Matt, the Extra pattern unlock is a proper reward for the collectors pack. Hope it will become a standard feature going forward. :)

The Collectors challenge has always awarded another pattern unlock. At least for the past year since Nov17

#16 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:52 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 16 December 2018 - 01:08 AM, said:

The Collectors challenge has always awarded another pattern unlock. At least for the past year since Nov17

Been a while since any mech tickled my fancy, so my first encounter with it. Definitely adds to the value for the rather pricey second pack.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users