Ohm's Quick Reference Sheets For All Mech Hardpoints, Weapons, Engines, & Pilot Lab - Images, Pdfs, Excel Inside

769 replies to this topic

#741 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

And I appreciate that information on the mechs. However, this one thread has mech hardpoints, roughly correct weapons information, engine speeds/weights/availability by mech, module information... in other words everything I need to make a reasoned judgment on nearly every mech/loadout in the game without wasting 20 minutes of my life on a mech building website. Again, everything in this thread SHOULD be on the website, freely available and updated by the devs for a game this complicated. It's actually a shame that they don't seem to recognize how powerful and unique the customization element of this game sets it apart from every other FPS I've played.

They should be falling over themselves to make this and a mech building app available to all their players on this website. Not making it ever harder to find all this information by unpinning the resources we do have that accumulate it in one place.

#742 Gammanoob

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 24 February 2013 - 12:26 PM

Great thread, use it often, especially when explaining stuff to new people.

Sad it is no longer stickied.

#743 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I'm slapping it into my signature. =)

#744 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

bumped since this should remain perma-pinned for eternity as long as the front page is updated with each patch.

#745 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostBubba Wilkins, on 27 February 2013 - 12:48 PM, said:

bumped since this should remain perma-pinned for eternity as long as the front page is updated with each patch.

Sad story, last update was 22-Dec-2012. But luckely there are other sites which provides this infos but are up2date. like my site for example. http://mwo.smurfy-net.de (has also its own thread here in the forums)

Phil

#746 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

thank you smurfy

That doesn't change the fact that everything on your site should be part of the actual game's site and toolbox.

#747 ElLocoMarko

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Smurfy is very good, the best really. Is there an image out there that has current heat, range and speed values for all the weapons at this moment in time?
Sometimes I want to plan and scheme for a weapon swap out without having the IT watchers know what I am up to.\

(hello to all my friends in corporate surveillance)

#748 smurfynet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 403 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

View PostElLocoMarko, on 28 February 2013 - 01:36 PM, said:

Smurfy is very good, the best really. Is there an image out there that has current heat, range and speed values for all the weapons at this moment in time?
Sometimes I want to plan and scheme for a weapon swap out without having the IT watchers know what I am up to.\

(hello to all my friends in corporate surveillance)

Thanks,

just look at my main post: http://mwomercs.com/...and-data-12190/
there you find two images (mech and weapons). this images are autogenerated. you dont see all infos provided by my website but the important stuff is there.

#749 slayerkdm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 395 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

Bump. This is my favorite quick referance even out of date.

#750 Bubba Wilkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

Bump for great justice and move for re-pinning.

#751 Quinton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 134 posts
  • LocationThe Wasteland

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

why did this get unpinned? it really needs to go back to the top of the lists.

#752 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostQuinton, on 10 March 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

Stop trolling start reading

#753 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostQuinton, on 10 March 2013 - 12:40 PM, said:

It was unpinned with all the other player posts a while back when PGI changed the pinning policy - which they needed to change; pinned posts were taking up most of the first page of the forum.

It hasn't been repinned because Ohm's been too busy (as per his explanation in the forums) to update it recently. Unlike Smurfy's site (which pulls data out of the game files automatically,) Ohm's sheets require a lot of his time to update and he hasn't been able to do that of late. Frankly, a lot of the information on these excellent (no pun intended) spreadsheets are duplicated by Smurfy's page anyway - so Ohm may decide not to come back to them.

Either way is fine with me; I had this post permanently opened in my web browser for a long time, and some things (like the list of allowed engine tonnages and the resulting speeds by chassis variant) provided here are unique resources - but it's a lot of Ohm's time and effort, so if he feels the extra data isn't worth it to recreate, I'm not going to bother him trying to change his mind. In short, I appreciate the resource and respect the time that it took to keep it up to date.

In any case, I think that should about answer your question. =)

#754 Bandokay

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
  • LocationHamburg

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:03 AM

love this sheet since closed beta thx men

#755 Ozone

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Why is this not pinned yet? Stumbled across this and its the single best guide to mechs I've found. Thanks for the information Ohm.

#756 BoydofZINJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 320 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

I do not know, but this is one of the guides to lead me to believe ultra AC/5s are ALMOST useless compared to AC/2s. While, they can have their uses - I have noticed a much easier time to hit the target with my AC/2s and easier time to maintain that constant DPS versus the jamming...

Edited by Boydsan, 19 March 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#757 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,597 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:54 PM

/sigh Maybe because it hasn't been updated in the last three patches?

Also, the Ultra AC/5 is an awe-inspiring weapon whose DPS frightening to behold. Sure, it will eventually jam, but until it does it's doing over 9 dps. If you're wanting to do constant, heat-efficient damage over really long ranges, the AC/2 is the better choice :it's got a huge projectile speed and a rapid rate of fire... basically it's what grownup-sized 'mechs use instead of machine guns. However, if you're looking for a supplementary weapon to beat people down fast at medium ranges and below - nothing does more burst dps/hardpoint than an Ultra AC/5

#758 Fajther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 451 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan, usa

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

Please pinn this again.

#759 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostVoid Angel, on 19 March 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

/sigh Maybe because it hasn't been updated in the last three patches?

Also, the Ultra AC/5 is an awe-inspiring weapon whose DPS frightening to behold. Sure, it will eventually jam, but until it does it's doing over 9 dps. If you're wanting to do constant, heat-efficient damage over really long ranges, the AC/2 is the better choice :it's got a huge projectile speed and a rapid rate of fire... basically it's what grownup-sized 'mechs use instead of machine guns. However, if you're looking for a supplementary weapon to beat people down fast at medium ranges and below - nothing does more burst dps/hardpoint than an Ultra AC/5

I don't consider the AC/2 heat efficient. It produces 1 heat per 2 points of damage, and can fire (supposedly) ever half second. That means heat accumulates really fast. And in practive, the rate of fire is probably not just unsustainable because of the heat, but also because at 720m you need a bit of time to aim and lead your shots.

#760 Red3

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

Bumping this, mainly so that i can find it easier through my profile page :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users