Ohm's Quick Reference Sheets For All Mech Hardpoints, Weapons, Engines, & Pilot Lab - Images, Pdfs, Excel Inside

769 replies to this topic

#721 Kalign

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:06 AM

I'd like to make a suggestion. Number of critical slots available. I was disapointed to find that my CTF-4x can't hold an AC20. From what I understand, it's only the arms that vary in number of slots.

#722 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Is the spider missing?

#723 Casper Ghost

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

This is alot of help since I stumbled upon it. Keep up the good work.

#724 wmusil

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNew Joysee

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:32 PM

K, I love this stuff, I searched around and I cannot find one thing. In the hardpoint list, what does JJ mean. Sorry if it is obvious to everyone else, but I cannot figure it out.

#725 Zake

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

JJ is an abbreviation for jump jet. Specifically, the column indicates whether the chasis is able to mount jump jets.

Edited by Zake, 01 February 2013 - 02:56 PM.

#726 wmusil

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 57 posts
  • LocationNew Joysee

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

View PostZake, on 01 February 2013 - 02:56 PM, said:

JJ is an abbreviation for jump jet. Specifically, the column indicates whether the chasis is able to mount jump jets.

Like I said, Obvious. Sorry, don't know why that was so baffling, and Thanks

#727 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:52 PM

yo this needs an update.

#728 HeroNemisis

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:42 PM

PPC and ERPPC need to be updated. Heat was reduced to 8 for PPC and 11 for ERPPC with the last patch iirc.

Edited by HeroNemisis, 08 February 2013 - 08:42 PM.

#729 DevilShinigami

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

Hopefully we get an update on this ;)
Personally love that list.

#730 Blark

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationMunich

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:57 PM

You want updates?

here you go ;)

#731 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Did he ever fix the Stalker engines?

#732 Ohmwrecker

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hey guys - obviously my sheets need a really big update, and there have been plans to try to overhaul the design of the sheets to match the increasing amount of content. I haven't had a chance to catch ArmyofWon to see if he's interested in assisting with that process, but I will check soon. Obviously we've got many more mechs on the field now, another major engine overhaul, weapons changes, etc.

I'll keep you posted, but this is going to take a little bit of time on my end mostly due to the format updates needed, and manual updates of all the new content / engine changes. For a while I was starting to think that there'd be better resources for you guys to tap into (on an official level), but it seems like that's still a ways off, so I'll do my best to keep mostly current in the months to come.

Thanks for the support as always, you guys are the best, and it never ceases to amaze me how much love you guys send my way whenever you spot me online.

Edited by Ohmwrecker, 09 February 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#733 Phantomime

• PipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 56 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

it ****** me off that PLAYERS need to supply info about the mechs.

RELIVANT DATA about the mech should be displayed in the mech's info when you click it, IMPORTANT stuff like 'it can use ECM' should be there along with the slot layout... IN BIG FLASHING LETTERS.

also, make BAP useful in the way you made ECM broken.

Thanks.

#734 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:22 AM

Whats the latest scoop on ACs?
If I am reading this right.
AC2 fires every 0.5 seconds or 20 shots a turn for 40 damage.
An AC10 fires every 2.5 seconds or 4 shots a turn for 40 damage
An AC20 fires every 4 seconds or 2 shots a turn for 40 damage
:) At the end of a turn shouldn't an AC10 do 5X the damage of a AC2, And an AC20 double the damage of an AC10 per turn? :)

#735 Illydth

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 99 posts
  • LocationO'Fallon MO

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

While in theory yes, you're right, for each of those you're assuming 100% accuracy statistics, which just isn't the case.

On a single shot an AC20 will hit for 20 or miss for 0. An AC10 takes 2 accurate shots in the same place to do the same damage an AC20 does. An AC5 takes 4 accurate shots in the same place to do the same damage an AC20 does.

While the AC10 may have the same rate of fire as an AC20 does (though I'm showing it as a 2.5s cooldown, not a 2s cooldown, which means it fires slower for the same damage as the AC20), both snots not only have to hit but hit in the SAME LOCATION to do the same damage as the AC/20.

Note also, that the Ammo / Ton is not the same up the chain either. AC/20 gets 7 ammo per ton while the AC/10 gets 15 ammo per ton. At 100% accuracy the AC/10 does actually slightly MORE damage than the AC20, doing 150 damage instead of the 140 of the AC/20 due to the one extra shot. Of course, it's taken longer for the AC/10 to empty (37.5 Seconds) vs. the AC/20's 28s to empty.

You can't look at this from a pure numbers perspective, this isn't tabletop. No one hits 100% of the time, and over time a loss of an AC/20 shot hurts more than the loss of a single AC/2 shot...but time on target and on SECTION of target will determine real DPS. Clocking someone with 2 AC/20's to a single torso is 40d to that torso, clocking someone with 20 AC/2 rounds does the same 40d, but the likelhood that all 20 of those AC/2 rounds hit the exact same torso in a real time moving mech battle? Infinitesimal...so while the AC/2 may do the same DPS as the AC/20 after 10 shots:

* It took the AC/2 5 seconds to fire those 10 shots instead of the AC/20's 4 seconds (including cooldowns).
* The AC2 generated 10 heat vs the ac20's 6
* The AC2 could have hit at a range of 720 yards to do that 20 damage while the AC/20 at that range would do only 2.22 damage.
* The AC/20's damage was applied to a single area of the mech, the AC/2's damage was not possibly applied to a single area of the mech. While the DPS is the same the AC/20 took 20 points off of a section of the mech while the AC/2 took 20 points off of at least 3 - 4 sections of the mech (meaning only 5 Damage / Section instead of 20 to 1 section).
* The AC/2 can turn out this same 20 damage over 5 seconds for 7.5 five second intervals (Maximum of 150 Damage over 37.5 Seconds), or 4 DPS. The AC/20 turns out 20 damage every 4 seconds for 7 four second intervals (Maximum of 140 damage over 28 seconds) or 5 DPS.

While your numbers might SAY they're the same thing, this is where theory craft gets thrown out the window. An AC/10 fired twice is not the same as an AC/20 fired once. Even 2 AC/10s fired at the same time is NOT the same as an AC/20 (Different Ammo / Ton and different refresh time = same 20 Damage but over a different period = different DPS).

--Illydth

#736 FerretGR

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

bump this thing back to the top. best thread ever.

#737 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,593 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:45 PM

What happened to the pinned status?

#738 Skylarr

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,646 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationThe Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:59 AM

Why did they remove the PINS

#739 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:03 AM

Even without a really recent update, this is the best single resource on these forums. This information SHOULD just be part of the website for game this complicated. Please re-pin it.

#740 Xenroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 326 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

Repin because its out of date? There are many sites that provide the same information or even more accurate ones but are up to date, like this one

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de

Sure its an external one and not on the Forums, but this one is simply out of date for already 2 Mech patches which is nearly 2 months

Edit: Sorry my fault, he has things like Hardpoints for each mechs on the Forums!

https://mwomercs.com...-and-data-12190

Edited by Xenroth, 21 February 2013 - 08:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users