#21 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:27 AM

Sad,
a few maintenance things, that the community been suggesting for a while

MW5 new child gets a ll the attention - single player (or4) divides us up even more, loss of player base.

agree with above.

slowly but surely the passion will overcome the fear of the necessary changes to reinvigorate the game.

Can i suggest where is the marketing research of what we want (AND i mean those not on forums)

thankyou

Edited by Major Major Catch 22, 18 December 2018 - 01:30 AM.

#22 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:45 AM

Maps, maps, maps =) =) =)

#23 Hanky Spam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 01:55 AM

View Posteggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar, on 17 December 2018 - 05:05 PM, said:

What if PGI opened map making/modding tools to the community? Let the players make some maps

There is most likely a bit more necessary than just opening the access to the modding tools or even a SDK.
Like the questions:

How will the maps be distributed
How should the future map selection work
Who will be doing the QA of a map to avoid crappy maps?

I mean cmon guys, this is not Counter Strike, or Quake 3 where you just had to connect to a server and the maps have been downloaded automatically.

Beside allowing the access to the modding tools, PGI would also have to rework major parts of the game and we all know how unlikely this will be to happen...

#24 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:16 AM

View Posttee5, on 17 December 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

The maps are allready there. Why does it take till march to get them into the game?

And don't tell me PGI needs to test things, regarding the maps, stabillity, compabtibillity or such things.

PGI NEVER tests anything

Uh we bring a friendslist, where the refresh-button is not working, sorting the friendslist is not working too. And don't expect that the Unitmember list is working.

And hell no! We can not fix it with a hot-fix. We need time, till january to fix this.

I am shaking my head in despair and disbelief, silently crying.

by your logic, that means you've never played the game.

also for the guys saying they're "abandoning MWO" it should be noted that a normal MechWarrior game with a campaign and everything is what PGI wanted to make way back when to begin with, and then Harmony Gold decided to be jerkoffs.

and tee5, they need time to test for all that stuff, because they're not impatient twats like certain people i could name.

I'd rather stuff be done RIGHT, not fast (why I've always liked Projekt Red's gaming approach.)

Edited by Arkhangel, 18 December 2018 - 02:22 AM.

#25 50 50

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:19 AM

Good to hear some more discussion on changes in the game.
Certainly don't mind seeing the classic maps come back and redoing existing maps in new tilesets (biomes) changes things up a little as that would likely also see some environmental differences added as well. (heat, gravity, day/night etc)
The re-tiling of maps adds some interesting visual possibilities which will be fun to see.
Should that mean for faction play we could then have planetary themes and build drop decks accordingly that's an added little bonus.
I would have to say that we are going to need to remove the voting in quick play though and go back to random maps and modes.

I'll admit to being upset that there was nothing to see and muse over at Mechcon in regards to development in MWO as it's a game I would like to continue playing for a while.
Pleased that we are now hearing more and that there are a few things going on in light of the current focus on MW5 and availability of resources.
So, thank you for the podcast.

#26 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:41 AM

View Post50 50, on 18 December 2018 - 02:19 AM, said:

Good to hear some more discussion on changes in the game.
Certainly don't mind seeing the classic maps come back and redoing existing maps in new tilesets (biomes) changes things up a little as that would likely also see some environmental differences added as well. (heat, gravity, day/night etc)
The re-tiling of maps adds some interesting visual possibilities which will be fun to see.
Should that mean for faction play we could then have planetary themes and build drop decks accordingly that's an added little bonus.
I would have to say that we are going to need to remove the voting in quick play though and go back to random maps and modes.

I'll admit to being upset that there was nothing to see and muse over at Mechcon in regards to development in MWO as it's a game I would like to continue playing for a while.
Pleased that we are now hearing more and that there are a few things going on in light of the current focus on MW5 and availability of resources.
So, thank you for the podcast.

Totally agree with above :) ^^

This game is robust - it has lasted a while

MWO has a NICHE market- nothing else does 12 v 12 in any format !!

and nothing directly competes with it, (big stompy mechs) !!

IMO they should push its unique perspectives and benefit. Making games with AMAZING graphics just aint what I (we want) - Mostly we just want that things to work

And as most of this game is community a GOOD communication system in game is key.

The improved friends list has made finding FW games so much easier and APPLAUSE for that !!

Maybe PGI should link with discord or TS?? cause individual units are so split up its very hard to recruit new players and grow the base

just a thought

#27 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 02:45 AM

@PGI
Consider giving trial mechs some skill trees, because right now the difference between non skilled and fully skilled mechs is extremely huge. That scares fresh blood and lead to common stomps.

#28 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 03:02 AM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 18 December 2018 - 02:45 AM, said:

@PGI
Consider giving trial mechs some skill trees, because right now the difference between non skilled and fully skilled mechs is extremely huge. That scares fresh blood and lead to common stomps.

UPVOTE this

#29 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:24 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 18 December 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

and tee5, they need time to test for all that stuff,....
I'd rather stuff be done RIGHT..

PGI is never testing anything!

If they would test things, how can it be, that things are always messed up, after they bring in something new?

new friendslist-> not working
new battle grid-> not working
new charger -> arm not working
war history not working for months
game crashing after you close a chat window

I know that other companies have problems after patches too.
But not so many like PGI. For everything PGI is "fixing" they break 2 new things.

#30 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 04:33 AM

View PostAkillius, on 17 December 2018 - 06:05 PM, said:

Hopefully PGI brings back both classic Frozen City map and the Frozen City Night map???

Personally don't really care about original Frozen city, nigh version is just better... because I like to see things.

#31 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:10 AM

Just let us make the maps for you PGI. We need new maps.

#32 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:52 AM

Hey
Just listened to the podcast and thankyou for it, really good, to meet your voices and thoughts.

Can we have the faction maps in rotation for QP - This will help the pugs learn the maps.

ie doors open no turrets (or even really weak gens or no gens?) skirmish?

I would have loved to have this when a pug. because half the problem is learning the maps,(this is esp true for those who dont have the time or unit to point them out how to move etc)
- it would also open up the "new map" issue for QP
- it would also allow for non metta game play on the maps,
- could we have different dz for QP vs FW?

Also - swamp texture on any of the invasion destroy the generator maps would be Fantabulous !! (seeing as you say its low effort)

Thanks for considering

Edited by Major Major Catch 22, 18 December 2018 - 06:00 AM.

#33 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 December 2018 - 05:52 AM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 17 December 2018 - 11:59 PM, said:

https://mwomercs.com...t-mechcon-2018/

Paul said to read the forum post. Russ said nothing big will ever happen. Anything really good would take 2 years of development.

So in my view, nothing to bring me back.

Wow, this burries the game for me... They should have started the development on the good stuff like 3 years ago, then one year ago the development would have been finished :)
RIP

#boycottpgi

#34 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:10 AM

View PostGartenlaube, on 18 December 2018 - 05:52 AM, said:

Wow, this burries the game for me... They should have started the development on the good stuff like 3 years ago, then one year ago the development would have been finished Posted Image
RIP

#boycottpgi

Heya garten, long time no see

Just figured out from the podcast how POOPED and EXHAUSTED these two sound-- its not for lack of trying its really a lack of resources listening to these two, usual for small business, in my experience its so hard doing the day to day process work its hard to step back and have the cognitive space to make strategic allocations of resources.

come back buddy

#35 Major Major Catch 22

• PipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:24 AM

also just noticed there was nothing on steam about this (I know that maybe steam doesnt have as many players as the stand alone - would actually like to know the numbers) so i posted the links there hoping more ppl who may only link through steam come over here ?
maybe have a developer thread in steam (i know its more work)
thanks

#36 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 18 December 2018 - 06:37 AM

View PostMajor Major Catch 22, on 18 December 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

Just figured out from the podcast how POOPED and EXHAUSTED these two sound-- its not for lack of trying its really a lack of resources listening to these two, usual for small business, in my experience its so hard doing the day to day process work its hard to step back and have the cognitive space to make strategic allocations of resources.

come back buddy

Even for a small company, they should be able to understand their community and their game / mechanics and what the game needs to remain succesful. NO one wanted Solaris, resources were just WASTED and are still wasted by more BOLT ONS...
Every criticism on twitter towards Russ leads to beein blocked (me and others I know).

The community provided ALL the input over YEARS and they DID nothing. My patience has ended, beeing a legendary founder and having BOUGHT EVERYTHING till Solaris, I saw the game come a LONG LONG way with some GOOD stuff, then stagnation and then going down the drain... Community still supported the game and I had been defending it but every patch made it worse (balancing OVER YEARS and no clue what they do, errors that persist FOR AGES, patches that need hotfixes, no content, planets that mean nothing, artillery that is still announced in FP via voice (satellites have been linked to artillery, lol, this has been removed ages ago)... They can't even fix a single voice sample or THEY JUST DON'T CARE! It is one million tiny bits of stupid stuff and broken things and they don't get fixed.

Looking back, all they care for over the last years was: DO YOU WANT TO BUY ANOTHER MECH PACK?

I AM UNDER AND OVER IT

MW5 is all they care about and that has already been delayed and I only believe it will ever finish when they release it.. (But in WHICH STATE will it be?)

Sorry, I am just an old salty mechwarrior that had put all his hopes and a lot of money into this company...

#boycottpgi
#makeFPgreatagain

Edited by Gartenlaube, 18 December 2018 - 06:38 AM.

#37 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:25 AM

New game to play during these podcasts. Take a shot every time they talk about MW5 when its not the subject of the podcast.

For the devs; NOT ALL POSITIVE FEEDBACK IS GOOD, NOT ALL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IS BAD.

I know its a fine line, and it was touched on, and i apresheate it.

#38 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:25 AM

View PostPeter2k, on 18 December 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

Contrary to popular belief in the podcast, March is not around the corner.
Christmas hasn't even been here yet, that's 3 full months of nothing happening until something little comes along.

And that's on top of basically nothing since Solaris.

That said, I'm glad they bring back the old maps, hoping for frozen night and not day really (also really hoping for old therma).
Also reshuffling map assets into popular maps is something they should've done a long time ago, but at least that is happening soon, 90 days ehh?

Contrary to popular belief in the podcast, March is not around the corner.
Christmas hasn't even been here yet, that's 3 full months of nothing happening until something little comes along.

And that's on top of basically nothing since Solaris.

That said, I'm glad they bring back the old maps, hoping for frozen night and not day really (also really hoping for old therma).
Also reshuffling map assets into popular maps is something they should've done a long time ago, but at least that is happening soon, 90 days ehh?

View PostGrus, on 18 December 2018 - 07:25 AM, said:

New game to play during these podcasts. Take a shot every time they talk about MW5 when its not the subject of the podcast.

For the devs; NOT ALL POSITIVE FEEDBACK IS GOOD, NOT ALL NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IS BAD.

I know its a fine line, and it was touched on, and i apresheate it.

Well I honestly get it, MW5 will make or brake PGI or the mechwarrior as a franchise for the next decade, however that game is a year away.
The game keeping the lights on is MWO.

Now if Russ wouod say resource are stretched too thin and they are going to pick up MWO massively again after MW5 maybe that would make me more appreciative, maybe.
But given history, how about showing stuff can get done first.
I really like getting back to the FP changes slated for the next months, in the works for 4 months already while nothing has been going on in MWO land at all.
Talking about fast and easy changes.

Edited by Peter2k, 18 December 2018 - 07:32 AM.

#39 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 December 2018 - 07:33 AM

View PostGartenlaube, on 18 December 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

Snip

Basically, sigh

That said, a Solaris FFA might have been nice (like in MW4 mercs if you remember)

View PostMajor Major Catch 22, on 18 December 2018 - 06:10 AM, said:

come back buddy

That's because the resources are over at MW5
Russ said the team was 65? In the podcast. Dont remember exactly, but it's not a super small 2 man dev team.
They just have MW5 as priority and not MWO, which might be fine, but since MW5 is so far away (and that here is hoping they dont have to push back the release again) MWO making any money.

Would've expected more, a lot.

Hell the FP changes don't even mention the incoming artillary soundfile being removed.

by your logic, that means you've never played the game.

also for the guys saying they're "abandoning MWO" it should be noted that a normal MechWarrior game with a campaign and everything is what PGI wanted to make way back when to begin with, and then Harmony Gold decided to be jerkoffs.

Yeah I remember no publisher wanting to do a Mechwarrior game, that's not on HG at all.

and tee5, they need time to test for all that stuff, because they're not impatient twats like certain people i could name.

I'd rather stuff be done RIGHT, not fast (why I've always liked Projekt Red's gaming approach.)

Done right, lol.
I think you are the one who hasn't been playing MWO a lot over the past years and years filled with borked patches and strange mishaps.
You must be one of the very last pure white knights left

Somehow I'd be extremely surprised if they overhaul the classic maps in any way, they would need to pull resources from MW5 too much, and the changes to FP are 90% laughably minor and they have been sorry of in the works since August.
Can't imagine frozen night with day and night change.

I'm not saying things are all doom and gloom, but neglecting the game that quite literally keeps the lights on for basically a year?

View Posttee5, on 18 December 2018 - 04:24 AM, said:

PGI is never testing anything!

If they would test things, how can it be, that things are always messed up, after they bring in something new?

new friendslist-> not working
new battle grid-> not working
new charger -> arm not working
war history not working for months
game crashing after you close a chat window

I know that other companies have problems after patches too.
But not so many like PGI. For everything PGI is "fixing" they break 2 new things.

Using missiles caused fps to crash, massively.
Although no one was working on anything missiles related before and after.
Testing, lol

There are plenty of patches introducing strange bugs needing hotfix, feature not working or boring something.

I think if you count patches by not needing a fix we are at 4, or 3, since PGI "invented" hot fixes.
Awesome track record.

Edited by Peter2k, 18 December 2018 - 07:52 AM.

#40 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 18 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

View PostDran Dragore, on 17 December 2018 - 05:01 PM, said:

bringing back the old maps?!? Well, there was a reason why they are sorted out of the game. Lol, this sounds for me: instead of making new maps we get the old ones sold as something special! Where are NEW (!) Maps?! Its only me that thinks that PGI is doing his last resources to MW5 instead of MWO because this ship is sinking...?! Dont you have Mobile Phones...? ... Sad.

PGI is bringing classic maps back because everyone was asking them to. Why do people keep trying to blast PGI for no reason?
Do you know how hard it is to make a new map? It's not as easy as you think.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users