No More Dc Penalties!

6 replies to this topic

Poll: NO MORE DC PENALTIES! (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI get rid of the DC penalty?

1. Yes (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. No (6 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

3. HELL YES (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Silver Wind Jones

• PipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 December 2018 - 06:24 PM

Hello all im an avid MWO player and lately i jave been having HORRIBLE internet issues for over 6 months and ive been gettiing disconnected a lot. I lnow what youre thinking, call my provider and tell them to fix it! Well see ive call SEVERAL times and they havent done anything, ive called and complained dozens of times and nothing. And if youre think well with not get another provider, well they contracted the town out so NO ONE can get another provider at all. So there goes that. Now im 100% certian that other played have had internet issues before and they get DC’d and PGI penalizes them for their crappy internet service and then if they keep doing it well they get banned.. the player cant help it because their internet exploded.. PGI, ive been DC’d 6 times tonight and evertime it was my internet going down.. and how do you treat me? With a long *** wait time because of something i cant control.. thanks... really feel loved. I posted a poll to this post and i really hope you all vote on it and MAYBE pgi will get rid of this stupid system.. yes people DC on purpose sometimes but who the hell cares?!?! Free kills!!!

Edited by Silver Wind Jones, 28 December 2018 - 06:24 PM.

#2 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 28 December 2018 - 10:59 PM

View PostSilver Wind Jones, on 28 December 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

yes people DC on purpose sometimes but who the hell cares?!?! Free kills!!!

Who the hell cares? These "dc on purpose people" basically leave their team to die and lose. That's why that penalty system was implemented.
As for your internet issues, I would suggest writing a complaint letter to your provider.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 28 December 2018 - 11:00 PM.

#3 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 11:21 AM

you have to remember even if its not your fault you are making the games worse for the people you are matched up with mate :/ its a ****** situation but to many would exploit this if it was removed. I feel for you I used to be in a similar vote where the game would kick me not do to DC but just because my ping would excide 1300

#4 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:14 PM

There has to be a better way to deal with this my game constantly crashes and due to all the crap they put into just rejoining I usually cannot rejoin within the 2 minutes which has led me to never rejoin games....

When my game crashes i have to
1.login
2.wait for the game to load
3.close the stupid 'welcome' popup
4.more loading
5.click on my mech
6.click on rejoin.

that's 6 steps too many...

Edited by KursedVixen, 31 December 2018 - 02:15 PM.

#5 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 02:40 PM

If you people getting constant crashes are running Full Screen mode, change it to Full Window (also sometimes called Borderless Window) mode.

Also check how hot your PC is running, and give it a clean if it's getting really toasty.

As for removing the punishments, no.

#6 Cichol Balor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 354 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 07:20 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 31 December 2018 - 02:40 PM, said:

If you people getting constant crashes are running Full Screen mode, change it to Full Window (also sometimes called Borderless Window) mode.

Also check how hot your PC is running, and give it a clean if it's getting really toasty.

As for removing the punishments, no.

there is a bug right now where you can randomly crash right on match start just before he boot up sequence. not to mention if you have even a small hiccup in you connection that puts your ping to over 1300 for over 2 seconds the game auto boots you to the log in screen

#7 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 January 2019 - 03:49 AM

View PostCichol Balor, on 31 December 2018 - 07:20 PM, said:

there is a bug right now where you can randomly crash right on match start just before he boot up sequence. not to mention if you have even a small hiccup in you connection that puts your ping to over 1300 for over 2 seconds the game auto boots you to the log in screen
I get a total crash to desktop when this sort of thing happens. Basically make rejoining worth my time and i'll think about it untill then if I crash sorry guys blame PGI...

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users