Marauder Ii Pre-Order Coming Soon Load-Out Details

142 replies to this topic

#101 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 09 January 2019 - 08:53 PM

View PostJon McFuzzy, on 09 January 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Please help me understand why all of these mechs MUST have lower actuator?

I think PGI should make accuators removable. Let the player decide if the arms are movable or not

#102 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

View PostUndeadKingofPopMichaelJackson, on 08 January 2019 - 11:45 PM, said:

So, how exactly is that dorsal cannon going to work hardpoint-wise? Is it going to be CT or ST like it says in the loadout list? If it's the latter, then that's kinda funky.

It mounts to the side torso but it just means the side torso hitbox is tighter to the centerline than when they originally did the Marauder and Marauder IIC mech models. Same sort of thing exists on the Bushwacker.

#103 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 09:38 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 08 January 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Hey Mat

I was reading over the 5a and I found something curious, the right torso has CASE, yet the right torso, right leg and right arm do not have any ammo. Only the left torso has ammo and should have CASE; it isn't going to help if it isn't in the torso with the ammo. Something to pass up the chain to fix before the big release page is launched.

It doesn't matter that it has case at all since it has an XL engine. The ammo detonation is still going to destroy the side torso and that destroys the engine and the mech. PGI always implements mechs as they are in the official battletech source material as near as they can to the available construction rules of the game. Since we don't have infantry for example, all the clan omni mechs which had A-pods as part of their loadout had those components replaced with something else. The flavour text from the 3050 TRO describing the MAD-5A included the following...

"Curiously the 5A is built with CASE only in it's right torso, yet its three ton LB-X autocannon ammunition bay sits in the left torso, leading some observers to suggest another projectile weapon field kit variant was being contemplated"

#104 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 10 January 2019 - 04:30 AM

View PostSteve Ward, on 09 January 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Marauder II 4L was created in the Dark Age era... and the 6S as well.

so, i guess, we should have all the nice gimmics from this time like HAG and X-Pulse etc. etc. etc.
Maybe we will receive more toys for the mech lab soon.... :-)

Still not sick enough from all the balance doctoring around??? Better they bring new maps and rework FP as bringing new toys and doctoring around on them the next 2 years..

#105 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:50 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 10 January 2019 - 04:30 AM, said:

Still not sick enough from all the balance doctoring around??? Better they bring new maps and rework FP as bringing new toys and doctoring around on them the next 2 years..

Are you kidding? I would love more weapons. This game will always be getting balanced but more weapons, especially some more on the clan side they need it now, would be amazing!
HAGS? Improved Heavy Lasers? Streak Lurms(lolololol)? Plasma weapons? Yes please PGI

#106 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:55 AM

Happy to see this mech being released but this will make 5 100-tonners for IS whereas Clans still only have 2. Especially given the renewed focus on FP this year the 'disparity of choice' between the two sides should be on the list of things to address.

#107 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:28 AM

Oh look, an IS 100t Mech. I´ll put it my hangar, along with the other 4 50kph 100t IS Mechs ...

#108 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 09:52 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 10 January 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Oh look, an IS 100t Mech. I´ll put it my hangar, along with the other 4 50kph 100t IS Mechs ...

Unless we get quads (which due to the engine limitation isn't going to happen unless they redo MWO in Unreal sometime after MW5) or IS Omnis, PGI basically cannot introduce any tonnage of mech that someone doesn't already have something similar too already. At best they can fill some holes in mech build options on the Clan side by making sure there's both an omni and a regular battlemech version at each tonnage amount. They've got Omni's at every weight from 25 to 100 tons and Battlemechs at 20, 30, 35,, 40, 50, 60, 75, 80, 85, 90, and 100 tons. Maybe for the next MechCon PGI will have a 20ton original clan omni mech to get around the problem of cryengine's speed limit that has prevented them from implementing the fire moth. The Stinger IIC is a 3085 mech outside the current timeline but they could invent a wasp IIC easily enough since one doesn't exist in Battletech.

#109 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:33 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 January 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

The Stinger IIC is a 3085 mech outside the current timeline but they could invent a wasp IIC easily enough since one doesn't exist in Battletech.

Or the people at PGI who are translating Mechs into MWO could just take into account the "Combat Computer" BattleTech Design Quirk... It would then simply be a matter of doing a version of that Mech in MWO with a Heat Dissipation Quirk attached, which shouldn't be too hard. :)

Of course, PGI's Developers who are handling the Arm Swing and Arm Pitch are going to still need to fix whatever they did in the last few Monthly Patches that has restricted Arm Swing to an Inward-Bent, Hexagonal, Star-Shaped Cone. As if I wasn't going to notice that kind of unnecessary change to the game, when it should be a Complete Rectangle... I noticed that right from the start, and beginning to think I should have already filed a Bug Report... and it needs fixing regardless of whether we get a Stinger IIC or not. <_<

Heck... Where's an UrbanMech IIC when people have been wanting it??? Or is the 30-Ton Category over-flooded for a while already? :(

~D. V. "thinks there might be less-troublesome options, being as there are things needing fixing" Devnull

#110 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,185 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:25 PM

View PostAidan Kell, on 09 January 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

Inner Sphere. The Marauder IIC is Clan, the Marauder II is Inner Sphere, first introduced by the Wolf Dragoons.

actually designed by 'em too. they let 'em get sold to the rest of the IS about thirty years after they first made it, around 3040. they didn't sell the Annihilator outside the Dragoons until 3060. to be honest, the WD had quite a few designs they hoarded for awhile, least until the Clan Invasion hit, since, you know, their entire job was to check and see how well the IS would do against the Clans and give Intel, as well as try and prepare them for said invasion (the Dragoons were also capable of making Clan OmniMechs as well, but this was an EXTREMLY closely guarded secret)

#111 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:37 PM

9 Missile hardpoints?

This kind of power creep might be good for sales, but it has been killing balance for three years now.

#112 Alpha Vega

• PipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 43 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:18 AM

I want it NOW not Soon... Stop teasing....

#113 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:29 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 January 2019 - 09:52 AM, said:

Unless we get quads (which due to the engine limitation isn't going to happen unless they redo MWO in Unreal sometime after MW5) or IS Omnis, PGI basically cannot introduce any tonnage of mech that someone doesn't already have something similar too already.

We lack any jump capable 20t Mech, and the IS lacks both, 20t and 25t Mechs with JJ.
And contrary to a 100t Mech, JJs are actually useful on a 20/25t unit.

#114 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 11 January 2019 - 07:47 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 11 January 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

We lack any jump capable 20t Mech, and the IS lacks both, 20t and 25t Mechs with JJ.
And contrary to a 100t Mech, JJs are actually useful on a 20/25t unit.

They had the chance with the Flea hero and just missed it. Would've been fitting to the chassis name.

#115 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:16 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 11 January 2019 - 07:47 AM, said:

They had the chance with the Flea hero and just missed it. Would've been fitting to the chassis name.

Maybe the future "2019 HBG (Holiday Bonus Gift) Match" will end up rewarding a couple of all-new Light Mech Hero Variants, and one of those will be a Flea with JJ on it??? :P

As it is, even if the WHM-IIC releases in February, I wouldn't mind if my earning from the "2018 HBG Match" was delayed until the Corsair's release, and I got both of those ones at the same time. ;)

Although I'm sure that there's some people out there who would be unsatisfied whiners... I would be angry at them for not just staying cool over a slight delay... <_<

EDIT :: By the way, I'm throwing a like on your post... Thanks for the discussion value, if not a bit more. ^_^

~D. V. "One could still wonder... How would PGI manage to Balance in a Flea with JJ???" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 11 January 2019 - 09:18 AM.

#116 Alpha Ximi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 11 January 2019 - 12:39 PM

Wow,marauder II IS it is exactly as my first mech i played in my young times,the game was mech warrior 2 demo,it comes with the options to select the marauder (exactly with the tube weapon up on the cabin) the timber wolf and the summoner.

The demo drops you on a desertic level and the enemyes are usually deformed jagermechs,but VERY deformed because they are very different in appaerance with the jagermechs of MWO,of course MWO have better graphics and is played 20 years later but mech warrior 2 was my first taste of the universe battletech...

I put on forget list this demo cus was just a demo,but i liked it. 6 years later i get the second taste of the battletech universe with mech commander where the son of my sister and i played a lot.

Later with xbox mech assault 1 and 2 but no point of comparison of mech warrior online.

Now,i and the son of my sister return to play a battletech game with mech warrior online and...surprise,my first mech is a marauder II c,while he select an ebon jaguar.

I always prefered clan mechs,but this marauder II IS gives me good memoryes of my young times.

Now i have 32 and still playing battletech games Posted Image

Edited by Alpha Ximi, 11 January 2019 - 12:42 PM.

#117 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

View PostAlpha Ximi, on 11 January 2019 - 12:39 PM, said:

Wow,marauder II IS it is exactly as my first mech i played in my young times,the game was mech warrior 2 demo,it comes with the options to select the marauder (exactly with the tube weapon up on the cabin) the timber wolf and the summoner.

The demo drops you on a desertic level and the enemyes are usually deformed jagermechs,but VERY deformed because they are very different in appaerance with the jagermechs of MWO,of course MWO have better graphics and is played 20 years later but mech warrior 2 was my first taste of the universe battletech...

I put on forget list this demo cus was just a demo,but i liked it. 6 years later i get the second taste of the battletech universe with mech commander where the son of my sister and i played a lot.

Later with xbox mech assault 1 and 2 but no point of comparison of mech warrior online.

Now,i and the son of my sister return to play a battletech game with mech warrior online and...surprise,my first mech is a marauder II c,while he select an ebon jaguar.

I always prefered clan mechs,but this marauder II IS gives me good memoryes of my young times.

Now i have 32 and still playing battletech games Posted Image

I think the similar-to-a-JagerMech that you saw in the "MechWarrior 2 Demo" Game was the "Rifleman IIC" Mech being rendered in the graphics of that era. Maybe you can tell me if you also recognize it? :huh:

Hopefully, you'll end up enjoying the "Marauder II" Mech as soon to be rendered in MWO's newer graphics engine systems. ;)

~D. V. "MechWarrior 2... That was a fun era in BattleTech-based PC Games." Devnull

#118 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:32 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 10 January 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

actually designed by 'em too. they let 'em get sold to the rest of the IS about thirty years after they first made it, around 3040. they didn't sell the Annihilator outside the Dragoons until 3060. to be honest, the WD had quite a few designs they hoarded for awhile, least until the Clan Invasion hit, since, you know, their entire job was to check and see how well the IS would do against the Clans and give Intel, as well as try and prepare them for said invasion (the Dragoons were also capable of making Clan OmniMechs as well, but this was an EXTREMLY closely guarded secret)

An extremely guarded secret until 3050. As to the mechs which they hoarded, the Firefly and Imp also come to mind. I’m actually surprised that we don’t yet have the Firefly given the apparent push to include old favourites from Mechwarrior 3 (Bushwacker, Champion, Orion, Annihilator). Not that we strictly need yet another high speed low drag IS light laserboat.

#119 Alpha Ximi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBarcelona

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:53 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 11 January 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

I think the similar-to-a-JagerMech that you saw in the "MechWarrior 2 Demo" Game was the "Rifleman IIC" Mech being rendered in the graphics of that era. Maybe you can tell me if you also recognize it? Posted Image

Hopefully, you'll end up enjoying the "Marauder II" Mech as soon to be rendered in MWO's newer graphics engine systems. Posted Image

~D. V. "MechWarrior 2... That was a fun era in BattleTech-based PC Games." Devnull

Yes! The mechs i saw in MW2 are exactly as in this link you provided. It is rifleman clan...ok roger,so MWO still have mechs to come.

#120 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:37 PM

View Postjonomy, on 08 January 2019 - 05:06 PM, said:

watching for info about early adopter rewards. Plus curious - can I get standard mw5 then upgrade to ultimate? sort of spread my cash outlay over a couple weeks.

Reg Mw5, then upgrade the Marauder II pack to Ultimate?
Yes, you can.
You save 20 dollars on the Marauder II's full collection (though you'd have to do the collector version, the hero, the reinforcements as 3 separate purchases) making it 50 dollars in addition to the MW5 standard game.

.....Not sure if that's really worth doing although it does help the cash spread, but of course... you can just pick and choose, who needs a standard and collector edition of the main mech, right? That'd save another 20 by sacrificing it. Side note: You get the base preorder bonus for the Marauder II even if you never upgrade it, and can then upgrade it say....a year later if you wanted. So if you have to spread your cash, I could see doing that.
--------------
Buy the standard preorder of MW5 and upgrade to the biggest preorder of MW5? Apparently that's not possible on the MW5 FAQs.

Edited by Koniving, 11 January 2019 - 10:39 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users