Slightly off-center if you look closely

#62 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:11 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 08 January 2019 - 02:35 PM, said:

So... Why is the upcoming "Marauder II" Chassis using the same "MAD-" prefix designation as the "Original 'Marauder' Mech" Chassis??? Why are we not prefixing with "MAD2-" instead, as to prevent confusion between the two Chassis and the Weight Class which each belongs in??? This really makes far worse than no sense to me!!! Posted Image

~D. V. "This really needs clarification... Shouldn't each Chassis have its' own prefix designation???" Devnull

Check Sarna. The Marauder IIs all had the "MAD" designation.

#63 Joryl 1980

Rookie

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:17 PM

View PostNightbird, on 08 January 2019 - 01:51 PM, said:

center gun

Posted Image

Whelp i'm sold ;)

#64 Lionheart2012

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 224 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:21 PM

View PostDjPush, on 08 January 2019 - 04:39 PM, said:

Why would anyone buy anything more for this game when it is going to be mothballed once you release MWM5 (even though it feels like it already has been)? I know that is making an assumption. However, PGI hasn't addressed any serious issues plaguing MWO at the moment. They haven't released a new map since last year, failed at designing most of the game modes, released half-arsed modeled mech packs with terrible movement, weapons geometry, and hit boxes. Not to mention the game still runs on a 10 year old graphics engine.

Pass the salt please....

Yes, it is making a grand assumption, and the fact that they are continuing to deliver additional content despite the resources devoted to MW5 (the map you cited), suggests their commitment to continuing MWO. Now think: you have a new gaming engine in MW5, several of the existing 'Mechs, multiplayer compatibility, new maps, etc. Would you think that something else for MWO is on the horizon?

#65 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:40 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 08 January 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Hey Mat

I was reading over the 5a and I found something curious, the right torso has CASE, yet the right torso, right leg and right arm do not have any ammo. Only the left torso has ammo and should have CASE; it isn't going to help if it isn't in the torso with the ammo. Something to pass up the chain to fix before the big release page is launched.

This shows it alot better.

THAT MUSIC!

View PostLionheart2012, on 08 January 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

Nope.
Not a one "speaks" me.
Feels...meta.

#66 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 08 January 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

Try these loadouts and see if they are as abyssmal as claimed

I mean, I do the same build on my King Crab but with AC/5s and RAC/5s instead of the 2s.

#67 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:42 PM

I love the Marauder and the IIC, but I am kind of meh about this release. I was hoping for something else, like the Argus, Sunder, or Longbow. But I'm sure I'll pick up a MAD-II eventually when it becomes available for c-bills.

#68 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:46 PM

And just yesterday I thought how neat the 4L would be in MWO...

But I wonder...could it be that PGI is only allowded to sell the allready produced unseens and variants of it but no "new" unseens? I can' think of any other reason why the Crusader and Wasp/Stinger weren't announced allready.

#69 Nathaniel Hawk

Rookie

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:54 PM

My favorite 'mech from tabletop Battletech back in college.

#70 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 08 January 2019 - 06:57 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 08 January 2019 - 06:46 PM, said:

And just yesterday I thought how neat the 4L would be in MWO...

But I wonder...could it be that PGI is only allowded to sell the allready produced unseens and variants of it but no "new" unseens? I can' think of any other reason why the Crusader and Wasp/Stinger weren't announced allready.

Heavier mechs sell more, wasp and stinger would not rock the boat enough to garner much attention beyond oldschool light fans.

#71 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:12 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 08 January 2019 - 04:21 PM, said:

Hey Mat

I was reading over the 5a and I found something curious, the right torso has CASE, yet the right torso, right leg and right arm do not have any ammo. Only the left torso has ammo and should have CASE; it isn't going to help if it isn't in the torso with the ammo. Something to pass up the chain to fix before the big release page is launched.

The thing is, that's where the CASE is and has always been on the MAD-5A. It doesn't make sense in MWO, but it also didn't make sense in the tabletop version unless they were originally planning on having the MAD-5A mount a gauss rifle instead of an LB 10-X (or 2 tons of LB-X ammo mounted in the same torso). At least it'll be free to move it from one side to the other.

Edited by blackcatf, 08 January 2019 - 07:13 PM.

#72 Sparky424

• PipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:23 PM

View PostLionheart2012, on 08 January 2019 - 06:21 PM, said:

Pass the salt please....

Yes, it is making a grand assumption, and the fact that they are continuing to deliver additional content despite the resources devoted to MW5 (the map you cited), suggests their commitment to continuing MWO. Now think: you have a new gaming engine in MW5, several of the existing 'Mechs, multiplayer compatibility, new maps, etc. Would you think that something else for MWO is on the horizon?

Could be a new engine, That would be good. Now for Me I'll keep playing MWO, because a AI is too predictable. The AI dosen't make spur of the moments decisions like we do. Just not the same.

#73 Tyberian Thirteenanvel

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 22 posts
  • LocationEdmonton Ab

Posted 08 January 2019 - 07:36 PM

Why do you ******** keep ******* up the missile hard points on all the new mechs with rocket launchers? Stop ******* with them for god sake's, jesus christ. People are still going to use your other mechs and ****** variants if there is mechs with alot of hard points out there. Like the 9 hard point cyclops is barely ever used for example, the ***** your worry? :\

#74 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:22 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 08 January 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Heavier mechs sell more, wasp and stinger would not rock the boat enough to garner much attention beyond oldschool light fans.

Sure, but what about the Crusader?

#75 JEFFERoW2

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 08:52 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 08 January 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

So it's just a regular Marauder with some extra bits attached?

Edit: 4HP has 9 missile hardpoints

MAD & MAD-IIC Did a fusion dance!

#76 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:13 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 08 January 2019 - 08:22 PM, said:

Sure, but what about the Crusader?

That one im more stumped on, maybe they dont want to squeeze another missile centric mech between the catapult and archer or something I dunno.

#77 frumpylumps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:34 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 08 January 2019 - 12:47 PM, said:

Abyssmal hardpoints on the $ models.
Didn't need another hangar queen but what are you gonna do.

I feel much better about the game not being pay2win and will be pre-ordering

#78 Hayek Lahiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 105 posts
  • LocationHoard

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:45 PM

So, how exactly is that dorsal cannon going to work hardpoint-wise? Is it going to be CT or ST like it says in the loadout list? If it's the latter, then that's kinda funky.

#79 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:18 AM

View PostTyberian Thirteenanvel, on 08 January 2019 - 07:36 PM, said:

Why do you ******** keep ******* up the missile hard points on all the new mechs with rocket launchers? Stop ******* with them for god sake's, jesus christ. People are still going to use your other mechs and ****** variants if there is mechs with alot of hard points out there. Like the 9 hard point cyclops is barely ever used for example, the ***** your worry? :\

The 4HP is the least screwed up of the lot; it only lost 2 hardpoints and 10 rockets off the 4H's TT loadout. It still has 13 offensive hardpoints (2 more than any other IS mech to date, although still 2 less than a Clan 20 tonner is ok to have).

#80 Haazheel MKII

Rookie

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 12:38 AM

Nice!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users