First Mw5:m Ama On Discord With Russ Bullock And Alex Garden

37 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,770 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:46 PM

Greetings MechWarriors!

As some of you may know, upon purchasing the new Community Edition MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Pre-Order, you get access to an exclusive Discord Server where "Ask-Me-Anything" (AMA) sessions will be schedules with the developers working on MW5!

The very first AMA has been scheduled for next week, on Wednesday January 16th!
There will be 2 sessions for the different time-zones that day:
First one @ 10AM PST // 6PM UTC
Second one @ 6PM PST // 2AM UTC

These AMA's will be conducted with Russ Bullock and Alex Garden on our exclusive MW5:M Discord!

How it will work (On the Discord server):
Russ and Alex will be responding to questions asked in order inside the #ask-me-anything-session text channel while also being connected to the AMA Sessions Voice Channel on the Discord server.

To attend and listen, you will be able to join the AMA Sessions Voice Channel as well (however automatically muted), while having access to type in the #ask-me-anything-session text channel to talk directly to them.
If questions are picking up too quickly, the text channel will be set to slow-mode and the valid questions will be pinned and pending in the text channel for Russ and Alex to go through while continuing to answer uninterrupted.

#2 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

I'm first!
No questions. .

Edited by leony, 10 January 2019 - 06:00 PM.

#3 Nightnovaa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:49 PM

How long do you think till Ross gets sick pf people pestering him and leaves it?

#4 Kabaak

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 January 2019 - 06:56 PM

View PostNightnova, on 10 January 2019 - 06:49 PM, said:

How long do you think till Ross gets sick pf people pestering him and leaves it?

To be fair, my questions have been responded to by multiple PGI employees including Tina and Russ via the the MW5 Discord.

Refreshing.

#5 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 676 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 10 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

We all know the most important question. That question that burns inside everyone's soul. WHERE do babies come from?!

#6 Svarti713

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 62 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 January 2019 - 01:51 AM

View PostKabaak, on 10 January 2019 - 06:56 PM, said:

To be fair, my questions have been responded to by multiple PGI employees including Tina and Russ via the the MW5 Discord.

Refreshing.

Same, I have asked questions and they hath giveth answers to this potato. :)

#7 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,584 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:18 AM

Will MW5 have a FOV setting option? Can someone ask that there please? Have to wait the week after till i can buy

#8 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 11 January 2019 - 06:32 AM

I beg of those with access:
Melee?
Urbie?

#9 MacKJames

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 09:04 AM

View PostGr Armpit, on 11 January 2019 - 06:32 AM, said:

I beg of those with access:
Melee?
Urbie?

I can answer both of those.
No
Yes

#10 Ayrmoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 541 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

Is there a url link (or other link) that will be given out to join "Discord"? Will you post it here or send out emails to those that have the MW5:M pre-order? Is there an invite of some kind that will happen?

In other words, for those of us who haven't used Discord, what do we do? lol...

Thanks ;-)

Edited by Ayrmoon, 11 January 2019 - 10:39 AM.

#11 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 11 January 2019 - 11:36 AM

Can someone stream this so other hobos (me) could listen?

#12 AzureRathalos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 January 2019 - 02:05 PM

View PostAyrmoon, on 11 January 2019 - 10:37 AM, said:

Is there a url link (or other link) that will be given out to join "Discord"? Will you post it here or send out emails to those that have the MW5:M pre-order? Is there an invite of some kind that will happen?

In other words, for those of us who haven't used Discord, what do we do? lol...

Thanks ;-)

Once you have made an account on the MW5 site and made a preorder, there will be a profile page where you can collect the gift codes for MWO as they are released. On that same page, you can get a one-time-use Discord invite link.

If you click the link, you will be sent to a page where one of two things will happen:
1. If you already have Discord installed on your PC, it will launch the application and immediately connect you to the group.
2. If you don't have Discord installed, you'll be given an install link.

#13 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 01:38 AM

Something I'm really curious about, what level of VR support will MW5M have? For that matter, support for HOTUS? Throttle, joystick, and peddles? Or even twin joysticks? Would be the perfect game for all that.

#14 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 January 2019 - 02:14 AM

a A&Q forum Tread in Forum was better as This ...its not good for all the Players thats not english have a Mother language or learned in the Schooltime

my Question ...Why hate Russ his own MWO Forum ????

#15 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 12 January 2019 - 07:43 PM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 12 January 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

a A&Q forum Tread in Forum was better as This ...its not good for all the Players thats not english have a Mother language or learned in the Schooltime

because it's generally a massive salt mine that never does anything productive? has been that way almost since MWO was in closed Beta.

least with the Discord, we can be sure we're talking to them in real time and be a lot more likely to get answers.

#16 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 12 January 2019 - 09:30 PM

is there a MW5 forum? I want to know if it will support joysticks and controllers at least as well as MWO Posted Image b4 I spend any money.

#17 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:09 PM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 12 January 2019 - 02:14 AM, said:

Yea good question that and true.

Can someone ask please if MW% wil be playable offline. iam not on steam and i do not really want to be forced if i want MW5. So its interesting for me when i do buy MW5, and i know it will be delievered over steam, can i play it offline?
Why they dont use like Harebrained schemes with BT Gog com too as second option? Vea i know that with that mod thingy. But gog also has Gog connect tto connect gog games withs team as example, so it should be no problem

Edited by Mighty Spike, 13 January 2019 - 02:10 PM.

#18 Rorik Thrumsalr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2019 - 04:20 PM

View PostGorantir, on 12 January 2019 - 09:30 PM, said:

is there a MW5 forum? I want to know if it will support joysticks and controllers at least as well as MWO Posted Image b4 I spend any money.

Well, the mechcon demo stations had HOTAS setups. You can clearly see that Russ is using a T16000M here:

View PostMighty Spike, on 13 January 2019 - 02:09 PM, said:

Yea good question that and true.

Can someone ask please if MW% wil be playable offline. iam not on steam and i do not really want to be forced if i want MW5. So its interesting for me when i do buy MW5, and i know it will be delievered over steam, can i play it offline?
Why they dont use like Harebrained schemes with BT Gog com too as second option? Vea i know that with that mod thingy. But gog also has Gog connect tto connect gog games withs team as example, so it should be no problem

So I heard a rumor that it will be available on GOG at a later date so I can't confirm, but yes. The Devs have said before that MW5: Mercs will be fully playable offline.

#19 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 03:38 AM

View PostRorik Thrumsalr, on 13 January 2019 - 04:20 PM, said:

Well, the mechcon demo stations had HOTAS setups. You can clearly see that Russ is using a T16000M here:

So I heard a rumor that it will be available on GOG at a later date so I can't confirm, but yes. The Devs have said before that MW5: Mercs will be fully playable offline.

Oh cool Huge TAHNKS for that Info

#20 Satans Pooper

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:42 AM

I just want to know one thing from Uncle Russ:

Will there be rearview cameras in mech cockpits in MW5:M ? I wish MWO had the option for me to see what the hell is behind me. Please let this feature make it into MW5.

Thanks

(Cannot make the pre-order and thus the AMA because I am a broke peasant)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users