42 replies to this topic

#21 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 13 January 2019 - 02:54 AM

Thanks for the event PGI but I really doubt I can do this all in 4 days. Most of the subchallenges are easy but one or two are harder...

Getting a win at one point was extremely hard !

#22 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 09:32 AM

That was a nice event. I had fun and it was nothing complicated.

#23 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 13 January 2019 - 12:56 PM

Nice event, just one afternoon and all was completed.... A lot of weekend players, but thats always when such event occurs (last game I was killed nearly at the beggining of the match due friendly fire to my back and that guy didnt even noticed that :D )

#24 condor1X1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:49 PM

this is tough for me o complete...and it inspires induvisalism throughout the PUG games wich is ....well you figure it out... otherwise i do apreciate the challange. but you need to figure our how to make teamwork a thing.

#25 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

Those damn hit and runs always, so PAINFUL everything else done 10 games ago...
What am I supposed to do to get that one? shoot and not take damage for a some amount of time?

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 14 January 2019 - 04:04 PM

View PostCurccu, on 14 January 2019 - 01:04 PM, said:

Those damn hit and runs always, so PAINFUL everything else done 10 games ago...
What am I supposed to do to get that one? shoot and not take damage for a some amount of time?

Hi there... I think I can break it into some simple steps...
  • See Enemy
  • Shoot Enemy, but explicitly NOT Kill them.
  • Take no more than ~10 points of Damage from Enemy (but you don't actually have to take any)
  • Break your Line Of Sight to the Enemy, and not engage again for at least 10 seconds
...and you should get your "Hit-and-Run" count. (At least, that's how I got my 'Hit-and-Run' points.) Good luck out there on getting yours. B)

Right now, I'm getting totally screwed over on this Event, even though I'm trying to do everything right. I won't even get to complete any of it without at least another 2 Days of extra time beyond the current end point. But, the odds of getting that are a snowball's chance in hell. Right now, I'm sitting at 0/4 Challenges Done, some portions complete, and it thoroughly sucks to be me. -_-

~D. V. "hope my knowledge on 'Hit-and-Run' can help someone else" Devnull

[Edit by Post Author for missing a critical part of a thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 14 January 2019 - 04:06 PM.

#27 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 07:51 PM

Casual daily player, can't be bother to even try to finish 1 part of this event.
I'll wait till the few "whinnners" leave after this event to play MWO again, please note let events run 7 days because they bore those type of players and midway its not bad and since i work for a living I can't play 24/7 unlike the jobless unemployed few, and so just saying in my timezone 3 days of midway playing vs 3-5 days of QP NA phuqq playing that shitte against k/d ratio worriers and those few event-only one shotting "try hards" is worse then 7 days or longer.
And Next time please graduate the quantities because I prefer lights and I won't use piranhas until somethings fixed on them unlike some K/D ratio worriers and the one shotting "try hards", so thats a wrap.

#28 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:06 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 January 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

Hi there... I think I can break it into some simple steps...
  • See Enemy
  • Shoot Enemy, but explicitly NOT Kill them.
  • Take no more than ~10 points of Damage from Enemy (but you don't actually have to take any)
  • Break your Line Of Sight to the Enemy, and not engage again for at least 10 seconds

That is exactly how I thought it SHOULD work but it does not.

Watch from 1:10 forward that should check every item on that list, even the running part.

edit: and where did that video disappear that I posted...

Edited by Curccu, 14 January 2019 - 10:08 PM.

#29 Nightnovaa

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:32 PM

fricking hit and run, I went to my linebackers would fire on one mech duck behind w/e after hitting them once no hit and run, was using micro pulse.. please explain?

#30 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 January 2019 - 10:48 PM

https://mwomercs.com...nt-and-engines/

I am glad the Devs listened. Thanks for the event, but all the mechs I have currently do not need new engines, so it is a little ironic.

#31 AnHell86

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 106 posts
  • LocationTaiwan

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:01 AM

Easy peasy :). Didn't have too many bad matches and didn't see many players face-hugging or kamikaze-ing for a kill.

I bought lots of engines for my "invalid" mechs; no more engine-swapping for me.

#32 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:21 AM

View PostNightnova, on 14 January 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

fricking hit and run, I went to my linebackers would fire on one mech duck behind w/e after hitting them once no hit and run, was using micro pulse.. please explain?

It's just broken mechanism that works sometimes, I was trying to get my last one and only missing part of the event Yesterday played ~5 games with mechs that should be good at that but no could not get that **** triggered.
Check my video in the post above your post, had multiple situations like that.

#33 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 03:02 AM

from what I saw in your vid, Curccu, your issue might have been the range. It seems the game did not register you as in "engaged" status. I had no issues getting HnR's for sure.

#34 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 04:28 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 15 January 2019 - 03:02 AM, said:

from what I saw in your vid, Curccu, your issue might have been the range. It seems the game did not register you as in "engaged" status. I had no issues getting HnR's for sure.

Dunno received flanking so I would presume that it registered me as engaged.
But anyways would like a dev to tell specific requirements for this... maybe Chris Lowrey would like to open this mystery.

#35 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 08:54 AM

View PostCurccu, on 14 January 2019 - 10:06 PM, said:

That is exactly how I thought it SHOULD work but it does not.

Watch from 1:10 forward that should check every item on that list, even the running part.

edit: and where did that video disappear that I posted...

View PostNightnova, on 14 January 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

View PostCurccu, on 15 January 2019 - 02:21 AM, said:

It's just broken mechanism that works sometimes, I was trying to get my last one and only missing part of the event Yesterday played ~5 games with mechs that should be good at that but no could not get that **** triggered.
Check my video in the post above your post, had multiple situations like that.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 15 January 2019 - 03:02 AM, said:

View PostCurccu, on 15 January 2019 - 04:28 AM, said:

Dunno received flanking so I would presume that it registered me as engaged.
But anyways would like a dev to tell specific requirements for this... maybe Chris Lowrey would like to open this mystery.

Hello, everyone. I took a look at Curccu's video, and noticed something. If they have Radar Deprivation as part of their skills, it never got to triggering (or the sound of it was never recorded in the video) at all. Thus, it's at all possible that there was an Enemy Mech that was sighting Curccu the whole time. Such would prevent the "Hit-and-Run" from registering, because you have to break sight with literally ALL the Enemy Mechs on the field for at least 10 seconds or so. I guess it's partially on me for not being more specific there. But, I still do wish you better luck on getting whatever more of those that you do need. :huh:

~D. V. "needs to be more careful to not be vague in any way" Devnull

#36 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 09:10 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 15 January 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

Hello, everyone. I took a look at Curccu's video, and noticed something. If they have Radar Deprivation as part of their skills, it never got to triggering (or the sound of it was never recorded in the video) at all. Thus, it's at all possible that there was an Enemy Mech that was sighting Curccu the whole time. Such would prevent the "Hit-and-Run" from registering, because you have to break sight with literally ALL the Enemy Mechs on the field for at least 10 seconds or so. I guess it's partially on me for not being more specific there. But, I still do wish you better luck on getting whatever more of those that you do need. Posted Image

~D. V. "needs to be more careful to not be vague in any way" Devnull

So you are implying that it requires for enemy to actually target me and then I can shoot and hide to lose targeting after that... well that is stupid but hey PGI.
I had multiple situations like that without that piranha hitting me ~30second later

#37 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 10:55 AM

As per Definition, dealing it receiving damage is what makes you engaged. And then sth about range and cooldown.

#38 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:25 AM

View PostCurccu, on 15 January 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

So you are implying that it requires for enemy to actually target me and then I can shoot and hide to lose targeting after that... well that is stupid but hey PGI.
I had multiple situations like that without that piranha hitting me ~30second later

I don't believe the Enemy explicitly has to target you, only that it requires you lose Line-Of-Sight to ALL Enemy Mechs on the battlefield. :huh:

~D. V. "thinking only that their sensors must be unable to detect you" Devnull

#39 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,590 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 15 January 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 14 January 2019 - 04:04 PM, said:

aah, thats what i did wrong, was wondering, had enough engagments and didnt get enemy fire but didnt break Los. okay thx

Edited by Mighty Spike, 15 January 2019 - 01:36 PM.

#40 ElectricRyder

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 02:13 PM

How do the rewards work? Do we only get one of the four prizes per category or do we get them all?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users