5 replies to this topic

#1 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:20 AM

From one month, when i had in game players from Australia my ping going crazy.
Normal I have on EU 40, now 40 - 1600.
There are big spikes in ping.

#2 CUTE PUPPY LUV

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 January 2019 - 07:32 AM

I am in Asia and for the past 2 weeks my ping to NA is about 250 and Oceanic 300.
The game is laggy to the extend that I cannot play in Light Mech anymore.
Playing slower Mech is still bit okay but the lag is getting irritating.

#3 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

I'm gettin some pretty huge lag spikes in the North american server, i thought it was my ISp but i'm also getting graphic lag spikes after the stupid dropship drop.

#4 Isaiah Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Hero of Davion
  • Hero of Davion
  • 68 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 06:47 PM

Oklahoma here. Anyone else having ping spikes in MWO lately? I'm trying to get an answer from players so I can narrow down the whole "it's your ISP's fault" vs "nah it's your games fault" bs.

Normally my ping in this game is 49 on avg on N. American servers. now i'm getting 61 low and 230 high on N. American servers.

#5 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,652 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 20 May 2020 - 03:36 AM

This thread if over a year old before you posted, but who is your ISP? And remember, your ISP does not connect directly to the server locations ISP, it goes through several router management groups before reaching said locations. And with more people staying and working from home while VPN to their work, it also means they are streaming other items from the location. There could be several contributing factors.

Tis why when players post their speed results and such, it does not mean anything unless said results are following the same routing as the game takes to the authentication server and 3 game servers. It is also why, for troubleshooting purposes, I suggest players to use a few different VPN, since there is the potential it can route the player around the problematic router location, the node that might be throttling traffic or having some other issues.

#6 SJ MetalDeath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pirate
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 05:09 AM

its std i think .. here in uk having same issues. been more the three months i think they moved serves or have cheap out on bandwidth again ... maybe why they trying to make saleable content again ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users