• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:27 PM

Do the Phoenix and Founders requirements for the respective events mean that the match needs to be in the 'mechs marked with "(P)" and "(F)" or just 'mechs that were released during the respective Phoenix and Founder packages? I.e. do I need to drop in my TDR-5S(P) or can I bring a TDR-5SE/TDR-5SS and still meet the requirement?

#22 Shenanigan23

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

Any chance Project Phoenix mechs would be sold again?

#23 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 16 January 2019 - 04:43 PM

View PostShenanigan23, on 16 January 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

As I remember when they released the Project Phoenix packs, they said that the packs would not be available for sale again ever. It's been a while, though, so I may be misremembering.

#24 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:14 PM

View PostShenanigan23, on 16 January 2019 - 04:28 PM, said:

View Postblackcatf, on 16 January 2019 - 04:43 PM, said:

As I remember when they released the Project Phoenix packs, they said that the packs would not be available for sale again ever. It's been a while, though, so I may be misremembering.

Think you've got it spot-on. They were advertised as "limited time" and "never coming back".

Russ put up a poll a few years ago asking Phoenix owners if it would be okay to open back up the packages...the forums melted with all the rage and salt.

Pretty confident in saying it will never happen. Russ pretty much said exactly that after the votes were tallied.

#25 Nishivion

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:44 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 16 January 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Think you've got it spot-on. They were advertised as "limited time" and "never coming back".

Russ put up a poll a few years ago asking Phoenix owners if it would be okay to open back up the packages...the forums melted with all the rage and salt.

Pretty confident in saying it will never happen. Russ pretty much said exactly that after the votes were tallied.

I know I'd buy the Phoenix pack if it was available again. Hell, give a "bonus" to the people who bought it already. Or at least let people upgrade if they didn't buy the full package in the past and would like to now.

#26 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:54 PM

View PostAkillius, on 16 January 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

They should've doubled the rewards for those with gold khan on just because last time I saw any, the red team focused on them like crazy.

Like parking a mustang in the ghetto overnight, they had it coming.

#27 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 16 January 2019 - 05:56 PM

View PostNishliau, on 16 January 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

I know I'd buy the Phoenix pack if it was available again. Hell, give a "bonus" to the people who bought it already. Or at least let people upgrade if they didn't buy the full package in the past and would like to now.

All those mechs are available for c bills so buy those.

#28 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:20 PM

Any chance of getting the Phoenix skins updated in honor of this sale/event to get some of the details lost between the concept art and the in-game version?

Posted Image

#29 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

As both a founder (sorry no founder mechs) and project Phoenix owner (have some of these mechs) thank you for the event.

Project Phoenix was initially labelled as limited time only, most likely to drive up sales. I didn't buy all of them, cause I didn't want so many mediums, etc.

It was put to the vote by remaining Phoenix package owners and the result was to not release them again. I didn't have an issue with it, but a larger number of owners did, so Russ followed the vote.

#30 Scum of the Earth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMidwest, USA

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:23 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 16 January 2019 - 05:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

Pretty much this which makes me VERY sad. Bunch of no good RL friends started playing MWO and didn't tell me until Clan Wave1 came out. So they all got phoenix mechs and I didn't which makes me grind my teeth a bit since I still play and they haven't logged in for months now... >_> I have bought ever mech package since then and wish I could be rewarded for that but I just have to suck on my lemon pie for now... =P

#31 Nishivion

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:41 PM

View PostNishliau, on 16 January 2019 - 05:44 PM, said:

I know, and I have. It's just the patterns are nice and so is the extra geometry. I didn't have the money to buy those things at the time. I do now, but it's just something that would be nice. I know people need to defend the fact that they bought it since it was limited. I honestly wish it wasn't limited. It was a solid package.

#32 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 16 January 2019 - 06:43 PM

Darn... I know I was interested when I'd heard of MWO coming out... then didn't really get into the game until recently (too much of other stuff going on.) Ah well.

That said, one thing about the sale - you've got the "Rescue," "Jet blast" and "Jet intake" items for sale. The main issue I have with those is ... you're basically charging twice as much for them as others to begin with. Most decals don't matter which way they're facing (geometry, "nose art," etc - yes, the "advertisements" like jump jet fuel can be reversed and look weird, but they don't HAVE to face a certain way.) These, you can't reverse. (OK, you can, but you can tell they are.) These really should be sold as a 2-fer to begin with, as well as any others that come out that are the same way.

... yes, I'm probably buying some anyway. But still.

#33 JazzTheKami06

Rookie

• The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 16 January 2019 - 07:44 PM

My only issue with the Phoenix Pack is that those who weren't around at the time of it's announcement or release never even had a chance to purchase it. I get it, that's the point of limited edition releases but I know I don't stand alone when I say what a huge bummer it is. And to then be unable to participate in the challenge as a result sucks twice as much. Sucks to suck I guess.

#34 Mechsniper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Formidable
  • The Formidable
  • 457 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:51 PM

For some reason the crusader camo on the Jenner is appearing in the mech lab as all smeared and subdued like the founders pattern (which is not the founders pattern we were originally sold and we all hate the terribad pattern we were switched to by the way). It is worthless in this format.

#35 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 16 January 2019 - 08:54 PM

Finally a reason to dust off the olde Pheonix Mechs! Thanks for something new!

#36 condor1X1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:28 PM

another come on ....by some scum sucking free to play game to get the masses to play their game.......

Thank You PGI

#37 Draglock

• PipPip
  • The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 41 posts
  • LocationGeogia

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:37 PM

If I sold my Founders Atlas is there a way to get it back?

#38 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 09:50 PM

Do Resistance ( R ) mechs count? Is that what you mean by Special?

Edited by Bwah Ha Ha, 16 January 2019 - 09:50 PM.

#39 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:19 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 16 January 2019 - 02:44 PM, said:

WHY WOULD YOU DO AN EVENT AT SAME TIME AS THE PTS!?!?!?!?!
You'll get far less usable data doing this!

#1 They often do this because a LOT of players don't bother or care to do the PTS. PTS involvement has never been all that heavy, even for more significant changes like the skill tree. Pretty much the only ones who bother are forum regulars and that s at best... 5% of the player base.

#2 If you really need more than 10 matches in the PTS to determine whether you like the LRM changes or not... you're likely not going to be a source of useful feedback either.

#3 If you cannot manage to do both the event with its easily achieved conditions AND the PTS... in six days... just uninstall now. Because life on this video game is apparently too hard for you.

Edit : I am on the PTS server right now trying to achieve a 4x4 match... its 2:16am EST, 8+ am in europe/western asia, day time oceaninc. I've been waiting 10 minutes without a match. When the PTS for the skill tree happened, it was no problem to get a match on the pts with only a 30 second wait... but then the total player population of the game was significantly higher also. That was in Feb 2017 and we had about 10k more players that we did last month.

Edited by Dee Eight, 16 January 2019 - 11:23 PM.

#40 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:46 PM

Funny thing with that guy mentioning the Khan Mechs.. i know people who still shoot Khan Mechs on principle, regardless of which side they're on. Khan Mechs're from the darkest time in PGI's history, when IGP made that frigging HUGE cashgrab like that because they were trying to use the cash to fund MechWarrior Tactics.

in essence.... Khan Mech pilots get shot at because frankly... the rest of the community thinks they're complete @#$%ing idiots with far more money than sense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users