Looking For Talented Faction Play Unit

35 replies to this topic

#1 Benemor

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 04:56 PM

Greetings MechWarriors,

I'm in search of a FP unit that I can contribute to and also learn from. Recently got back into MWO after a 5 year hiatus in the Periphery. Spent season 32 in solo qp to let my combat instincts kick back in, and let me tell you, I am ready to join a unit.

But while my piloting and fighting skills are beyond that of an average MechWarrior, there is still much for me to learn. And I know, for a fact, that there are MechWarriors out there who humble me in battle. I have a solid grasp on what I consider basic tactics, but I lack the experience, wisdom, and tactical knowledge that a veteran MechWarrior wields. Give me enough time and I will get there. Give me enough time in the right unit, and I will get there faster.

Here is a list of somethings I offer, and what I am looking for.
  • I own both Clan and IS 'Mechs with no current allegiance to any side.
  • Looking for a unit or group of players that are battle-tested.
  • Know that I am laid back for the most part, but I take competition as such. I play the objectives, and I play to win.
  • Looking for a unit that has members who want to pass on skills and knowledge.
  • A unit that utilizes effective and disciplined communication.
  • NA timezone based if it helps to know.
  • Units (or some players within) that partake in the competitive scene is a plus

I don't know what to expect in FP, and after hearing horror stories of solo queuing, I know that I want to go in with a premade. My confidence in my abilities is ready to be humbled in FP. I am by no measurement among the best yet. However, my competence is not to be underestimated.

#2 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:41 PM

Merc star is a great unit to start with, they are super active during na primetime, they usually have 2-3 12 mans running on fri/sat nights. They also have pilots that range from just started to Div A comp players. Uhh I'm on my phone atm, I don't have their website or team speak info handy, but I'm sure others do.

Headhunters od Davion, or Cobra Comandos are another 2 good training units to learn from.

Edit: I would also jump into cobra command teamspeak, there are usually a few 12 mans in there, or just looking on the main ts hubs and drop into a channel with a bunch of people.

You came back at a great time, they are about to do a huge overhaul on the cw game mode.

If no one posts the team speak servers foryou, I can post them when I get my internet back tomorrow, just moved yesterday :P

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 02 April 2019 - 06:41 PM.

#3 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:51 PM

mercstar.teamspeak3.com MS

ts1.housesteiner.com LCAF steiner hub

RODCBR1.TEAMSPEAK3.COM Cobra i think?

ts50.bargainvoice.com:7345 HHod

Theres a channel in steiner hub called "hpg network" with alot of relevant teamspeaks you can check out.

Edited by VigorousApathy, 02 April 2019 - 06:57 PM.

#4 dante245

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 577 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

hello..my unit is recruiting. we are RXD "Rasalhague X Dominion" and we are a FW and battletech Lore focused unit. come by and game some time. this is our TS ts.r-x-d.online.

our active times are 7 PM PST "pacific standard time" to 1 AM PST. those are the general times at least. we have bunch of players mostly from oceanic "new zeland, australia" north america and the EU. come buy and join us any time.
this is our FB...
https://www.facebook...hagueXDominion/

#5 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:17 PM

Oh! Also check out twitch, there are quite a few streamers who stream faction play, and will take in viewers with them, YonduTheRavager, St_Pauly, and myself are just some to look out for. There are others big streamers who sometimes dabble in cw as well.

#6 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:41 PM

Straight up - I'd be looking at MS / HHoD(C4) for FP and basically that's about it for a starting point in NA Timezone. Some of their builds could use attention (often using 6-12 month old META) - new/learner friendly however so there is balance in that.

Alternatively drop by the CBR teamspeak (someone linked earlier) and you'll get drops with other groups as well there.

You mind find you out-grow the those, you might not. There are definately progression options in terms of units/groups & play style but tackle that later and if you want. I could think of a few decent places.

I'd avoid anything loyalist for the most part - specifcally anything around: [Redacted] The stronger groups/units are mainly Mercs and have been for a while simply becuase of flexibilty it offers.

Cheekiez and the other streamers (mentioned earlier) are also good options.

I do training now and again as well and usually have a heap of high skill players/friends that come and lend a hand. Currently I'm too busy with Competitive/League play to committ to anything however. That dies down in 2-3 weeks. So keep an eye on my thread --> HERE <-- Also have a read of it, plenty of decent info. A tad is out of date simply because of balance changes.

Edited by draiocht, 02 April 2019 - 11:05 PM.
unconstructive

#7 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:42 PM

You can also check if MJ12 is good enough for you.

Discord : you got it in private message.

Maybe see you in game.

Edited by KhanBhacKeD, 02 April 2019 - 09:43 PM.

#8 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:20 PM

A unit is overrated Benemor, you know you can just hop onto my streams ;)

#9 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:37 PM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 02 April 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

A unit is overrated Benemor, you know you can just hop onto my streams ;)
but, but, without a unit, you don't get nifty icons in TS yondu!

You also don't get to learn the ways of the drop Onion or all the riddick places to ambush people in FP.

#10 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:03 AM

View Postccrider, on 02 April 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

but, but, without a unit, you don't get nifty icons in TS yondu!

You also don't get to learn the ways of the drop Onion or all the riddick places to ambush people in FP.

TS is archaic cc, and hey I do a triple onion iica deck for specific maps i do know the ways ;)

#11 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:37 AM

Benemor - Not sure if you saw my post before or after my post was edited.

If you didn't then flick me a message on discord and I'll be able to tell you in far more detail.

Over there I am not limited by the low-skill users/units who constantly report my posts because they don't like the truth being told about them, their skill level and other unsavory activities they get up-to. Will happily give you links then to other discord that might be of use rather than ones that certainly are not.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 03 April 2019 - 04:39 AM.

#12 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:40 AM

Why bother with a unit. Just pug your way to victory like me !!!

#13 Daidachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 461 posts
  • LocationThe Andromeda Initiative

Posted 03 April 2019 - 07:24 AM

You've been given some good suggestions here by a variety of folks.

The biggest single piece of advice I'd offer is to drop with multiple people/groups, and find ones whose playtimes mesh with yours, that you also enjoy dropping with.

Having a good time and improving at the game simultaneously is far more important than what unit tag you have.

Edited by Daidachi, 03 April 2019 - 07:24 AM.

#14 Benemor

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:30 AM

Wow. I am astounded by the amount of responses that this received. Thank you all for the information -- it was exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for. I've got a fair amount of leads to follow up on, and I will do just that. One big clarification that I got from this was that a unit isn't necessary for dropping with a premade. That changes things a lot.

Again, I appreciate all of the responses. Now it's time to get in touch with the groups you've all shared.

#15 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 02 April 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

A unit is overrated Benemor, you know you can just hop onto my streams Posted Image

Go with Yondu or Ash, they show you how to properly RAVAGE people .
These men are beasts and still nice folks :)

#16 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 05:16 PM

FYI, on the mercstar teamspeak we have several private channels. Chances are if you're attempting to group up with us on NA prime time we are there, but in a private channel.

Several active members, such as myself, are admins on the server. One of us will notice you eventually and drag you down to the rest of the group. Please use your ingame name.

#17 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 09:21 PM

View PostB0oN, on 03 April 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

Go with Yondu or Ash, they show you how to properly RAVAGE people .
These men are beasts and still nice folks Posted Image

B O O O O O O O O O O O O O N

#18 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 07:49 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 03 April 2019 - 09:21 PM, said:

B O O O O O O O O O O O O O N

Yes, dear Yondu ?

#19 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostB0oN, on 04 April 2019 - 07:49 AM, said:

Yes, dear Yondu ?

Hi :)

#20 draiocht

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:27 AM

[mod]Several off-topic, insulting, or otherwise unconstructive posts have been removed.

Please keep discussion positive, constructive, and on-topic.[/mod]

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users