Sons Of Odin !

7 replies to this topic

#1 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 02:30 PM

For those who didnt catch daily massage on unit chat.
There has been a move from Mech the Dane to consolidate remains of FRR units in few, more active units with a focus on FP play, under ISEN and G-NEX banner. In this case ISEN would take north American player, while G-NEX will handle European drops.
I did check stats of our Unit, we have 146 memebers, around 52 of those have been active in last month. But we havent drop as unit in FP for a long time. So, i have 2 question :
1.) How many of you would like the play FP on more regular and organized drops ?
2.) How many would like to stand under SO banner or are ready to transfer to other unit to achieve question num 1. ?

This is question of loyalty and practicality. I hope we get some traction on this tread.
For any question you can find me on FRR TS or Discord FRR/Kurita channel.

#2 Gaussfather

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 310 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 03:54 PM

Hi I didn't get that massage, any chance I can get second chance I need a good massage! :)

I would love to do the occasional SO drop but FP has gotten so stale I'd rather drop in quick play. Not to mention FP takes like forever, to get a match last few times I did try it.

#3 Hammer Fall

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 18 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 06:08 PM

Once again people using the name of Wodan in vain with little or no understanding of Germanic and Norsk mythology. There is no such thing as a son of Odin or a soldier of Odin; living, any soldier of Odin is in Valhalla: DEAD.

#4 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 23 January 2019 - 08:34 PM

View PostHammer Fall, on 23 January 2019 - 06:08 PM, said:

Once again people using the name of Wodan in vain with little or no understanding of Germanic and Norsk mythology. There is no such thing as a son of Odin or a soldier of Odin; living, any soldier of Odin is in Valhalla: DEAD.

Once again people using a little knowledge about Wotan/Odin/Woden in vain with little or no understanding of Germanic or Norse Mythology.

First of all, there certainly are 'Sons of Odin'. If not the Gods he begat (Thor, Valdr, Vidarr and Vali... with some other ones that he may have fathered), then the lines of heroes he fathered. From the legendary Volsungs to the semi-Legendary Skoldungs, Wihtlags, Not to mention nearly all the Anglo-Saxon dynasties.

But even if, by some miracle, you are correct in your absurd assumption that Odin begat no sons at all, it still wouldn't matter. Because a Son of Odin does not have to be a LITERAL SON OF ODIN.

You can be a figurative Son of Odin, someone who fights beneath the aegis of his name, nature and conception. Someone who adopts the idea of Odin as father and lifts up an axe and a spear to his name and memory.

#5 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:32 PM

Hi Boldric

I'd be keen to give FP another chance. There may be other LORS members interested so give us a nudge if you need some mercenary back-up.

All the best.

Z

#6 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 24 January 2019 - 01:19 AM

Gaussfather, Zephrym, well i can confirm that FP aint dead, last two days we had few drops and while there was some waiting time it was far less then expected. Yesterday we even did texy book assult on Vitric Forge with rather add hoc team, which did contain quite a few 'old' guys and it showed, heck my Anni got his ammo bins dry.
But as written above, we are aiming to get FRR ready for upcoming FP update. As stated right now we use UD channel and if we get a group with 6+ members we will try to invasion drop. But we arent shy for scouting either. I have Discord and TS on, but TS what we mostly use for communication.
HammerFall : thx for your insight, as bushido claims , every warrior is dead before he enters the battle. It a unit name, nothing more or nothing less.

#7 Kotis77

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 245 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 07:56 AM

Hey BolricKent and all Sons of Odin.

I have never forgotten my roots as being one of the Sons. It was my first unit and it was special to me( thanks geriolav). And Theaus of course. Shame that he's not playing anymore(dancing took him away from MWO?). He was such a good guy. Not the best player or drop commander, but best xbox controller player and guy with big heart towards MWO and unit.

My journey in MWO took me to more competitive units. But still it was pleasure to play with you guys!

Good luck to everyone in Sons of odin and it doesnt matter what tags you wear you will always be my brothers at arms.

See ya on battlefields!

Maybe if this game is still running in couple years we get reunion with Dabs and Nonu.

#8 Iron Ghost

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 January 2019 - 11:17 PM

Boldric, you already know I love to get into a scrap alongside you. It would be my pleasure to have other sons join us in FP conquest. While we aren't currently able to field a 12 man and march for glory like the days of old, I do still long for those days. I am loyal to SO and FRR. I would fight for ISEN without hesitation. I do play when I can and sometimes that will mean I will join European players like you. So I would fight under the G-NEX banner as well or was it G-NOX you meant? I've ditched many other games to spend more time here and on one other casual game. Although work keeps me busier than before, I do like to spend that time with current and former SO members whether it be FP or QP. I play QP to grind my preferred mechs that I envision using for FP. My deck probably needs updating to remain competitive with current standards. Let's make FRR great again.

Edited by Iron Ghost, 25 January 2019 - 11:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users