Where Is Pgi's Response To The Rac Macro Bug?

Gameplay Weapons General

54 replies to this topic

#41 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:43 AM

View PostVxheous, on 29 January 2019 - 11:37 AM, said:

Go to that twitter link, there's a link from there to pseudo98's testing video. Left side is the macro'ed mech, right side is regular fire. You'll see how the left side fires more shells, less heat, and less jam filling than the right side. It's pretty stupid how big of a difference it is, and how its not fair use of racs. Hopefully its fixed soon

Agreed.
Unsorted the qp will be rife with these exploit builds.
This needs to be addressed.
Self policing is, a bit optimistic.

#42 Pseudo98

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:48 PM

View PostVxheous, on 29 January 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

It is so bad that you can actually put 5 rac2s on an assault, use the macro and the rate of fire increase coupled with lack of heat gen cam allow you to kill an opposing assaults CT in about 3 seconds of fire

This was part of my testing and I can confirm what Vxheous said.

Posted Image

This bug is game breaking in experienced hands, massively unfair and clearly a violation of the Code of Conduct regarding exploits, use it at your own risk which I wouldn't recommend.

I was done with my research at the weekend, no-one needs to test this any further, it's consistently repeatable with little or no effort and the evidence has been submitted to PGI.

Edited by Pseudo98, 29 January 2019 - 12:49 PM.

#43 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:58 PM

View PostPseudo98, on 29 January 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

This was part of my testing and I can confirm what Vxheous said.

Posted Image

This bug is game breaking in experienced hands, massively unfair and clearly a violation of the Code of Conduct regarding exploits, use it at your own risk which I wouldn't recommend.

I was done with my research at the weekend, no-one needs to test this any further, it's consistently repeatable with little or no effort and the evidence has been submitted to PGI.

I don't believe you; I will perform my own research.

#44 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

Claiming to use any such exploits, modifications, or cheats for ‘testing’ purposes is not an acceptable excuse.

Keep testing friends

#45 Pseudo98

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:08 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 29 January 2019 - 12:58 PM, said:

I don't believe you; I will perform my own research.

OK, good luck with that, FYI, I'm the one who brought this to the attention of Chris and finally got PGI to acknowledge this was a real exploit after months of denial so hopefully I will get a pass on a ban due to testing but I will fully admit to using an exploit in live matches for a few hours and will accept any consequences.

...but as I said, I wouldn't recommend running it, it's a clear violation due to the way it bypasses the limitation placed on the weapon system, macros allowed or not.

Edited by Pseudo98, 29 January 2019 - 01:11 PM.

#46 Phoenix 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 01:28 PM

View PostPseudo98, on 29 January 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

OK, good luck with that, FYI, I'm the one who brought this to the attention of Chris and finally got PGI to acknowledge this was a real exploit after months of denial so hopefully I will get a pass on a ban due to testing but I will fully admit to using an exploit in live matches for a few hours and will accept any consequences.

Ah, cool. Because I have not been able to get the tech support to confirm that this is a bug. Did they give even a remote ETA on when they might be able to fix it? Triple Rac2 Bushwacker is my favourite Mech (aside from my various Crabs) and I would hate to be considered a cheater, because I tend to do fairly well with it.

#47 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostPseudo98, on 29 January 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

...but as I said, I wouldn't recommend running it, it's a clear violation due to the way it bypasses the limitation placed on the weapon system, macros allowed or not.

Real elephant in the room;

When is Kanajashi going to acknowledge copying your content and give you credit for blowing this wide open?

#48 Pseudo98

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 49 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:37 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 29 January 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

When is Kanajashi going to acknowledge copying your content and give you credit for blowing this wide open?

Let's be fair, others tested this and submitted reports before me, maybe using the wrong methodology but there were many in the community saying this before I even knew about it, hence my first Reddit post spectating this exploit failed miserably and got downvoted.

Would I have liked to have picked up some followers on Twitch from a shout out by Kanajashi? Yes. Will I hold a grudge about it, hell no, I can get a few memes and roasts out it, that's enough for me.

I can legitimately understand why some people refuse to drive traffic my way, I am an acquired taste and not everyone wants to be seen endorsing me.

Edited by Pseudo98, 29 January 2019 - 02:40 PM.

#49 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

View PostNightbird, on 29 January 2019 - 01:05 PM, said:

Keep testing friends

Problem is you have PGI reps saying on twitter that Macros and RACs are not a problem and it's been looked into etc etc.

No one will get banned from this.

It's been subsequently said it will get looked into yet again but that's it. No timeframe or acknowledgement it's actually contrary to prior statements.

#50 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:45 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 29 January 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Problem is you have PGI reps saying on twitter that Macros and RACs are not a problem and it's been looked into etc etc.

No one will get banned from this.

It's been subsequently said it will get looked into yet again but that's it. No timeframe or acknowledgement it's actually contrary to prior statements.

I've never used macros, but I'm tempted to try this not-an-exploit tonight, in the interests of science.

#51 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:49 PM

View PostKubernetes, on 29 January 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

I've never used macros, but I'm tempted to try this not-an-exploit tonight, in the interests of science.

I assure you it is ridiculous.

#52 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:53 PM

View PostPseudo98, on 29 January 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

I can legitimately understand why some people refuse to drive traffic my way, I am an acquired taste and not everyone wants to be seen endorsing me.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I think you taste like salty butts. <3

But in a community this small with so few content creators this in very poor taste. He could have at least name dropped you. This didn't blow up until you posted your science and you deserve the credit for that.

#53 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:57 PM

I would not do it in your place. THIS IS CHEATING since the MACRO doesn't just click buttons in such an optimal manner that you achieve maximum theoretical performance for the weapon but due to code problems you go far beyond what should be possible. CHEATING can get your forum name in pink which would mean you have been banned permanently.

#54 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:00 PM

"not-an-exploit"
Posted Image

Edited by HammerMaster, 29 January 2019 - 03:03 PM.

#55 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 03:16 PM

Hey guys, we're aware of the RAC issue and the Devs are currently looking into it and we are thankful to the community for reporting the bug.
While the use of Macros are not forbidden, you should not be exploiting bugs as per the CoC states; exploiting game bugs or mechanics to gain any unfair advantages or benefits, either for yourself, your teammates, or players on the opposing team is forbidden.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users