Mw5 Discord 2Nd Ama Announcement!

24 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:37 AM

PREORDER MECHWARRIOR 5 MERCENARIES TO GET DISCORD ACCESS!

NEW AMA SESSION SCHEDULED!

Topic: MW5 Mechs and Environment

On Wednesday January 30th

There will be 2 sessions to best accommodate for the different time-zones:

@ 10AM PST // 6PM UTC

@ 6PM PST // 2AM UTC

How it will work: Russ and devs will be conducting an MW5:M Mechs and Environment AMA session responding to questions asked in the #ama_questions text channel (once it opens) while sitting in the AMA Sessions Voice Channel.

To attend and listen, you will be able to join the AMA Sessions Voice Channel (however automatically muted), while having access to type in the #ama_quesitons text channel to talk directly to them.

If questions are picking up too quickly, the text channel will be set to slow-mode and the valid questions will be pinned in that text channel for Russ and the devs to go through while being able to continue answering uninterrupted.

The Devs attending!

Russ Bullock - President of PGI

Ryan Van Vilet - Technical Artist

Derek James - Designer

Nico – Animator

#2 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

Were any of the AMA1 questions and answers posted anywhere?

#3 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:22 AM

Since this is a different game, why are the announcements here?Posted Image

#4 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:27 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 29 January 2019 - 11:22 AM, said:

where else it could be announced?

#5 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:29 AM

This site has a news system and more Daily visitors. AMA was also announced on Discord but want to make sure everyone is aware!

View PostAcersecomic, on 29 January 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Were any of the AMA1 questions and answers posted anywhere?

the Ama's are Text Questions with Audio answers!

https://twitter.com/...643191502168065
This Tweet has what you need!

#6 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 29 January 2019 - 12:11 PM

Since this topic is on mechs and environment and I can't join the AMA. I hope some one can ask about:

Mechs

-If clan mechs will be available or as a later expansion.

-Will there be mech salvage after a mission. For instance after destroying an enemy locust. I might find a locus right leg with increase max speed perk or a left arm with increased heat efficiency so i can customize my own locust.

-Will there be special variant mechs available that can only be obtained through the black market or taking down key NPCs in missions.

Environment

-Is there variety in map/level design. That will offer us multiple ways to approach the mission. If i pilot a light or medium mech, I can take a different path like going into an underground cave to by pass main enemy defenses because the mech fits. If i pilot an assault or heavy, I have no choice but to attack the enemy through the main gates and deal with their defenses.

-Any underwater / space missions?

-Any hazardous environment objects like falling debris or asteroids?

-Will there be dynamic weather where the mission starts out a clear sunny day, but a rain or sand storm appears mid game reducing visibility and force us to change our play style to complete the mission.

-Will the environment affects the mechs mobility. walking on marsh lands vs a dry lake bed.

-Will there be hidden cache of treasure spread out through the map that can be discovered by accident while doing our main mission. It doesn't have to be just monetary, it could be a hidden message/treasure map that leads to a hidden side mission to be completed for a reward after finishing the main mission.

If i come up with more questions ill post them here. I really want MW5 to be a great game that is on par with today's games to grow the battletech player base.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 29 January 2019 - 01:00 PM.

#7 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 02:51 PM

Please keep posting updates on this stie. Or update the site so MWO and Mech 5 have the same news feeds.

Thanks for the info!

PS, will the answered from these be posted some place? I won't have my Pre-order till next month :)

#8 Adamant80

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 58 posts
  • LocationI'm not sure...

Posted 29 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

The idea that we have to
A. preorder
B. ask someone to post what was talked about in an AMA effectively alienates the rest of your community

Being my pessimistic and skeptical self I will either find information on the AMA or assume its a "give me your money" club (secrecy leads to malcontent). Preorder is out of the question given the lack of basic information on the game and the fact that there have been more creative monitizations than developments since Solaris.

Edit: I had to do a search for it. I don't think there is an abridged version but hear is the first AMA. Kinda disappointing it wasn't made as an announcement.
https://mwomercs.com...s-ama-part-1-2/

Edited by Adamant80, 29 January 2019 - 05:30 PM.

#9 Kaeb Odellas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,934 posts
  • LocationKill the meat, save the metal

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:26 PM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 29 January 2019 - 12:11 PM, said:

Since this topic is on mechs and environment and I can't join the AMA. I hope some one can ask about:

Mechs

-If clan mechs will be available or as a later expansion.

-Will there be mech salvage after a mission. For instance after destroying an enemy locust. I might find a locus right leg with increase max speed perk or a left arm with increased heat efficiency so i can customize my own locust.

-Will there be special variant mechs available that can only be obtained through the black market or taking down key NPCs in missions.

Environment

-Is there variety in map/level design. That will offer us multiple ways to approach the mission. If i pilot a light or medium mech, I can take a different path like going into an underground cave to by pass main enemy defenses because the mech fits. If i pilot an assault or heavy, I have no choice but to attack the enemy through the main gates and deal with their defenses.

-Any underwater / space missions?

-Any hazardous environment objects like falling debris or asteroids?

-Will there be dynamic weather where the mission starts out a clear sunny day, but a rain or sand storm appears mid game reducing visibility and force us to change our play style to complete the mission.

-Will the environment affects the mechs mobility. walking on marsh lands vs a dry lake bed.

-Will there be hidden cache of treasure spread out through the map that can be discovered by accident while doing our main mission. It doesn't have to be just monetary, it could be a hidden message/treasure map that leads to a hidden side mission to be completed for a reward after finishing the main mission.

If i come up with more questions ill post them here. I really want MW5 to be a great game that is on par with today's games to grow the battletech player base.

Some of these were answered in the last AMA

-Clan mechs will be added in an expansion if MW5 is successful enough to warrant it.

-There will be mech salvage, but there won't be any partial mech salvage a la HBS BattleTech. Whole mechs will occasionally be available for salvage, though not after every mission.

-No underwater missions, but there will be lunar environments

-PGI is able to make parts of the environment via "slowfields" that slow down mechs that walk through them, depending on the obstacle and the mech's mass. This was in reference to people's complaints about buildings being too easy to walk through, though it could easily be applied to other environmental features.

There will be mech salvage, but there won't be any partial mech salvage a la HBS BattleTech. Whole mechs will occasionally be available for salvage, though not after every mission.

#10 AlphaPiAlpha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 January 2019 - 09:43 PM

Never voted for that president, but at least we will have an animator.... *puts on his togs and orders a cocktail*

#11 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 January 2019 - 10:08 PM

do we get the full spectrum of 3025 IS Mechs (which are already in MWO) or just a handpicked selection of 12 fine Mechs and later DLC Package 1,2,3,4... with 4 "brandnew" old Mechs for just 10-20 Dollars each ...?

And do the players who hold up this (MWO) Game the whole years with their money any presents or do we need to buy the whole Stock of Mechs again?

Edited by Dran Dragore, 29 January 2019 - 10:10 PM.

#12 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 29 January 2019 - 11:18 PM

View PostKaeb Odellas, on 29 January 2019 - 09:26 PM, said:

Some of these were answered in the last AMA

Thank you kind sir.

#13 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 10:14 AM

DLC suggestions for 3025 IS Mechs in TRO3025 (but missing from MWO):
#1. Stinger, Wasp, Crusader, Merlin,
#2. Valkyrie, Clint, Hermes II, Whitworth,
#3. Hatchetman, Dervish, Ostscout, Ostroc, Ostsol

Ultimately it would also be nice to get... :D
Quads: Scorpion, Goliath, and LAMs: LAM-Stinger, LAM-Wasp, LAM-Phoenix Hawk

#14 Anton Fetladral

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 11:44 AM

PGI,

Your eagerness to ban streamers for exposing bugs in your software makes me less likely to purchase more of your software. It seems to be a recurring problem with your company.

I don't pay you money to be my Nanny.

Thanks,
A concerned customer

#15 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 30 January 2019 - 12:24 PM

Because they want US to buy it, cause apart of this Com, not many people even know there will be another Mechwarrior title or even the titles before.
.Or about MWO or Battletech in general, thanks do pgi´s almost non existent advertising.simple thing. Who else will buy it then us?? MW / BT is an old game series, many dont know about Battletech and the mechwarriorgames in general or old Mech animes.

edit: damn too late..over..

Edited by Mighty Spike, 30 January 2019 - 12:36 PM.

#16 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 01:26 PM

View PostAnton Fetladral, on 30 January 2019 - 11:44 AM, said:

Your eagerness to ban streamers for exposing bugs in your software makes me less likely to purchase more of your software. It seems to be a recurring problem with your company

Anyone else think there's more going here then just reporting bugs???

#17 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 30 January 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

Because they want US to buy it, cause apart of this Com, not many people even know there will be another Mechwarrior title or even the titles before.
.Or about MWO or Battletech in general, thanks do pgi´s almost non existent advertising.simple thing. Who else will buy it then us?? MW / BT is an old game series, many dont know about Battletech and the mechwarriorgames in general or old Mech animes.

edit: damn too late..over..

Well PGI still comes across (to me) as a small development company first.
Obviously PGI did not like all the publicity and direction IPG gave them and after the buyout PGI chose to do publishing themselves but without knowing what to do and without the connections to get it done. (IMO) Like many companies they've made some mistakes along the way, thankfully not as big as galactic junk league(gone), or dreadnought (3rd exodus now in progress because devs ignore players & mega-patched in garbage that killed the fun factor for 3rd and last time).

I agree more advertising, giving some attention to MWO, fix block-listed players get unmuted on login, and better communication with MWO customers would be the top of my list for improvements. Problem is PGI has given the impression they've walked away from MWO leaving a toxic community and that means fewer players will even try or stick around.

Actually this weekend I watched a couple youtube video about upcoming "mech" games in 2019. So MWO wasn't mentioned because its already out but MW5 was mentioned.
Unfortunately the MW5 video paled compared to some carefully crafted mech videos done by fully fledged publishing companies. youtube.com/watch?v=3u_CdEy7oMY

Basically someone just needs to ask in AMA:
Upon release will MW5M give new players (did not preorder) any incentive to join/try MWO?
OR; Will there be some kind of MWO advertising in MW5M for those joining up after the preorder is over???
And maybe something about hiring a company to come up with a splashier promotional video then the current MW5M vid.

#18 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 30 January 2019 - 02:41 PM

View PostDran Dragore, on 29 January 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

do we get the full spectrum of 3025 IS Mechs (which are already in MWO) or just a handpicked selection of 12 fine Mechs and later DLC Package 1,2,3,4... with 4 "brandnew" old Mechs for just 10-20 Dollars each ...?

And do the players who hold up this (MWO) Game the whole years with their money any presents or do we need to buy the whole Stock of Mechs again?

This was answered in the first AMA. The plan is to have basically every mech in at launch that is in MWO and fits the time period.
The other part wasn't asked specifically but I'm 99% sure the answer is no. It's a completely different game with a completely different engine. This much was talked about in the AMA but for a different question.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 30 January 2019 - 02:46 PM.

#19 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 31 January 2019 - 08:01 AM

View PostDran Dragore, on 29 January 2019 - 10:08 PM, said:

they're including everything we have access to up to 3049, coming out at the correct years they're available (or publicly released, like the Marauder II in 3040), which at current is roughly about 50 mechs by chassis and variant.

hence Clans (and likely Invasion and Civil War tech) being an xpac later if it's successful enough.

Edited by Arkhangel, 31 January 2019 - 08:02 AM.

#20 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 31 January 2019 - 03:47 PM

So, everything we hear so far sounds very ambitious. Kinda like No Man's Sky. Hopefuly that doesn't happen.
And can you do anything about the mic quality? There is a lot of cutting off and stuttering.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users