All Systems Nominal Event

57 replies to this topic

#21 GoldenAngel1997

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

Went through 1 of each weight class, after seeing my medium mech give 1/500. I was buggin', thinking, "Are they REALLY expecting, 2000 matches of 500dmg+?!". Once I played the Light Mech, it showed dmg/500. The rest [STILL] presented 1/500

... Do we need to start pulling HALs cards?

#22 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:09 PM

hey cheers guys! I joke but your customer service is among the best in the business!

#23 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:23 PM

View PostGoldenAngel1997, on 01 February 2019 - 06:09 PM, said:

Went through 1 of each weight class, after seeing my medium mech give 1/500. I was buggin', thinking, "Are they REALLY expecting, 2000 matches of 500dmg+?!". Once I played the Light Mech, it showed dmg/500. The rest [STILL] presented 1/500

... Do we need to start pulling HALs cards?

Waitaminute... You're saying that Heavy Mechs and Assault Mechs BOTH have the Damage Challenges in a Bugged State like the Medium Mechs?!?!? This is a nightmare!!! :(

Now I'm going to have to watch out for anything and everything that could go wrong with this Event... This is soooooooooo totally NOT "All Systems Nominal" in any way! This is more like "All Systems Damaged", and that's not fun to find. :unsure:

~D. V. "Madness has ensued, I guess... Damnit!" Devnull

#24 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

#25 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Changed the Criteria on the All systems nominal Challenge

you still need to get 500 Damage in a light mech but the Medium, Heavy and Assault you need to play 5 matches.

Unfortunately, this is the best fix I could do due to the way the event system works with stats and Progress.

#26 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:33 PM

Was wondering about this myself, certainly felt broken, that's for sure. I'm sure it'll be an easy fix and no one will lose any progress, Matt's always good about this sort of stuff. My suggestion is keep playing and expect for it to be fixed retroactively- we know they can and are tracking damage because the other parts of the event are functioning, so no worries.

EDIT: or I'm completely wrong and Matt decided to post while I was typing ;p.... still, good enough. Thanks Matt!

Edited by Kodyn, 01 February 2019 - 06:35 PM.

#27 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:36 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 01 February 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

you still need to get 500 Damage in a light mech but the Medium, Heavy and Assault you need to play 5 matches.

Unfortunately, this is the best fix I could do due to the way the event system works with stats and Progress.

Thank you sir!

#28 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:37 PM

cheers!

#29 IshanDeston

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 01 February 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Thanks for reporting the event bug, Matt will look into it shortly!

You also might want to fix the Event title that says "All systems nominal" while you are at it... I think nominal doesn't mean what you think it means.

#30 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:39 PM

View PostIshanDeston, on 01 February 2019 - 06:38 PM, said:

View PostTina Benoit, on 01 February 2019 - 05:57 PM, said:

Thanks for reporting the event bug, Matt will look into it shortly!

You also might want to fix the Event title that says "All systems nominal" while you are at it... I think nominal doesn't mean what you think it means.

Pardon me, but I think you missed that there are MULTIPLE Definitions for that word. Please go to...

--->>> https://www.dictionary.com/browse/nominal

...and then under the 'adjective' part, look at the 8th Definition, which is noted as an 'Aerospace' Definition. I believe if you read that one, you will find that PGI has indeed picked a proper choice of word as part of the Event's Title, and there is no real confusion of meaning. If you still don't believe me, I think Ms. Tina Benoit can easily confirm what I am telling you here. ;)

~Mr. D. V. "PGI has made no error here." Devnull

#31 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 01 February 2019 - 08:43 PM

Understood, Matt... Crazy things happen. Thank you for making things Awesome & Nominal again! :D

~D. V. "thankful for the workaround" Devnull

#32 Ilya Markelov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 537 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 04:06 AM

Целых 10К цибилсов?Posted Image Поистине великая награда. При средних 300-400К за бой, делать ивент на 10К... Автор этой идеи давно врачу показывался?

Edited by Ilya Markelov, 02 February 2019 - 04:07 AM.

#33 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:10 AM

Nice event, but I'll pass for now. Not really interested in facing the Racro bug.

#34 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 05:36 AM

View PostIlya Markelov, on 02 February 2019 - 04:06 AM, said:

Целых 10К цибилсов?Posted Image Поистине великая награда. При средних 300-400К за бой, делать ивент на 10К... Автор этой идеи давно врачу показывался?

I don’t consider the intended 1M CB particularly interesting if you are not playing the game anyway. The radio warhorns even less.
If you are playing anyway, the event is an OK extra, I guess.

#35 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:19 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 02 February 2019 - 05:10 AM, said:

Nice event, but I'll pass for now. Not really interested in facing the Racro bug.

Its really not that bad, have not run into too many of them, just wish Nascar was a fixable bug...

#36 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 07:51 AM

I think I would have also upped the reward A bit also then.

#37 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:00 AM

This is sort of a standard event without the MW credits (no mc! Posted Image) or outstanding rewards. Glad the issue with the damage counter was quickly fixed.

I like the clear layout of the challenges since most of them can be achieved without that much trouble, just some attention of what mechs and weapons to use.

#38 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:08 AM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 02 February 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

Its really not that bad, have not run into too many of them, just wish Nascar was a fixable bug...

Yeah and its not like the rac macro exploit is new, so its just those few same jerks still using it (until patched monday).

#39 Shock21

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:20 AM

Why not link right to the event page instead of linking to a page which has nothing but a link to the event page?

#40 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 02 February 2019 - 09:40 AM

View PostShock21, on 02 February 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

Why not link right to the event page instead of linking to a page which has nothing but a link to the event page?

?? Are you talking about the opening post? Cause the "Event Page>>>>" link works for me, takes me to the event tracking/redeeming page.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users