All Systems Nominal Event

57 replies to this topic

#41 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 12:59 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 02 February 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

?? Are you talking about the opening post? Cause the "Event Page>>>>" link works for me, takes me to the event tracking/redeeming page.

Yes, he's talking about the opening post : I can't click on that link, I have to go through the page that contains nothing but the working link instead.

#42 BrunoSSace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 February 2019 - 03:37 PM

Nice event, even with rac exploit. Please fix it.

#43 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 06:38 PM

Yawn....c-bills and the crappiest horns...

#44 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 02 February 2019 - 08:19 PM

Completed the event and played a few extra matches after digging up my old BJ-1. If you dont want cbills or the warhorns, take the weekend off - the combination of weekend warrior syndrome and people being 'encouraged' to play mech weight classes and specific weapons has created a much higher volume of salt, to the point that I turned VOIP off.

#45 Ryuichi

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:57 AM

Would love to have started this challenge last night but kept getting kicked off the game server.

#46 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 03 February 2019 - 08:32 AM

These solo kill requirements are making a complete mockery of the game. Potatoes as far as the eye can see, crashing into the first mech they see to try to get a solo. Makes for a seriously **** gaming experience.

#47 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 09:48 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 05 February 2019 - 07:08 PM.
unconstructive

#48 Pak Hammond

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 63 posts
  • LocationTrying to run on a connection that has to cross oceans

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:29 AM

If you are having a lot of trouble with kills and kmdds, then jump into solaris. If enough people do it, then you should get some decent matches and can easily complete the kills, kmdds and the solo kills portion of the event.
You can also complete the Solaris rewards if you haven't already done that.

#49 Cypherdrene

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCabo

Posted 03 February 2019 - 10:31 AM

These events are getting really annoying.

PS: Fix RAC's macro exploit

Edited by Cypherdrene, 03 February 2019 - 10:31 AM.

#50 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:12 PM

View PostCypherdrene, on 03 February 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

These events are getting really annoying.

PS: Fix RAC's macro exploit

Supposedly monday according to Russ's twitter... because you know its just too hard to post something in the forums.

In any case I had 19 matches in my shadow cat before I noticed the event was going on, and then looked at the event page and I had already achieved 18 solo kills, 100+ assists, 89 components, 7,780 damage from missiles (streaks), 760 damage from energy. After than to finish all the categories I just needed another 5 matches in heavies, 5 in assaults, and a couple in lights. Poof. Done.

#51 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 03 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 February 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

Supposedly monday according to Russ's twitter... because you know its just too hard to post something in the forums.

In any case I had 19 matches in my shadow cat before I noticed the event was going on, and then looked at the event page and I had already achieved 18 solo kills, 100+ assists, 89 components, 7,780 damage from missiles (streaks), 760 damage from energy. After than to finish all the categories I just needed another 5 matches in heavies, 5 in assaults, and a couple in lights. Poof. Done.

Same here - 1 match with light, than 5matches in each remaining category + 1 match for the rest of AMS :) It was´t grinding, just normal playing... and good event

#52 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:29 PM

Finally went and bought a yellow radio warhorn a week ago after giving up that it would ever be in an event and here we are Posted Image

#53 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 03 February 2019 - 11:23 PM

That was kind of a sweet event.

#54 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:43 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 February 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

[Redacted]

One would think that, but seeing match after match where players essentially suicide in an attempt to get the achievements is frustrating. The achievement itself isn't the problem, it is how a surprisingly large portion of the community goes about achieving it. Hence my critique of having it as a event criteria, every time it is there, the quality of game play just takes a serious dive. At the very least limit it to a single Solo kill, per event, so that it doesn't become a rinse repeat thing.
I had one enjoyable game yesterday out of about 15, compared to one un-enjoyable game out of about 25 the previous weekend, where there wasn't the need for 5 Solo Kills.

Edited by draiocht, 05 February 2019 - 07:09 PM.
Quote Clean-up

#55 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 February 2019 - 01:31 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 01 February 2019 - 06:33 PM, said:

Changed the Criteria on the All systems nominal Challenge

you still need to get 500 Damage in a light mech but the Medium, Heavy and Assault you need to play 5 matches.

Unfortunately, this is the best fix I could do due to the way the event system works with stats and Progress.

Hi there. After my previous post which I put up to thank you...

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 February 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

Understood, Matt... Crazy things happen. Thank you for making things Awesome & Nominal again! Posted Image

~D. V. "thankful for the workaround" Devnull

...and then trying to get some done (which I didn't do well at, due to not having much time available back then), I subsequently got had by a really bad weekend. Today, I have been stopped several times in just trying to get into the Event to complete any part of it whatsoever. There's now a much-needed HotFix Patch (https://mwomercs.com/news/2019/02/2225-hotfix-scheduled-for-4feb2018-at-2pm-pdt) landing shortly, and that's going to put a big dent in your Event for everyone. Which brings me to my question... May we (as in, all those affected the hardest by this) please have a couple days of Time Extension again with this Event, in order to allow those who didn't get the weekend and/or are being hit hard otherwise to still be able to participate? :(

~D. V. "wanting to get in, but feeling like the door is repeatedly hitting them in the face" Devnull

#56 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:33 AM

Dude, the hotfix lasted less than an hour out of a 96+ hour event.

I got it all done partly by accident.

#57 ingramli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 554 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:31 AM

3 hours gone and couldnt score the last solo kill reward, thank you PGI for bring a such an interesting event.

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 February 2019 - 12:28 PM

View PostJonathan8883, on 05 February 2019 - 05:33 AM, said:

Dude, the hotfix lasted less than an hour out of a 96+ hour event.

I got it all done partly by accident.

You have apparently far better mileage than me, as well as many other people. In my case, between a weekend that I have no control over, and sleep & food (and other things that I won't mention here) being required by the human body, I lose on the order of around 72 (or more) of the hours available during a 4-Day Weekend-Only Event. Then I'm lucky if I get to use much of the 24 (or less) remaining hours that I get any access to. There are people with similar problems, some of which you'll find have spoken up in thanks on Previous Events when a Time Extension is granted. Stack to that the problem of not everyone having a Fast Internet Connection, and therefore being limited by time loss on the Download & Patch, and that System Downtime can actually become crippling on getting into the Event at all. :(

Now that said, I went and blew my sleep schedule to hell yesterday. Thanks to the opportunity that presented itself at the time, I managed to finish the Event last night with barely over 15 hours remaining in it. Unfortunately, that meant taking such an extended run after my body beat me down once, that my body then decided to knock me down until a little over 4 Hours Left remained when I next woke up. Some will certainly not find the luck that I must have run across in order to finish the Event quite that way. I would definitely have taken better care of myself, had I not been panicked (yeah, those enjoyable WarHorns are something that get me to punch for the extra mile... sometimes even the (MC) when it's available... with Solaris and/or Faction Warfare Invasion Queue being an obvious exception that would make me give up) by a lack of remaining time. So that's something which PGI's Events Team might wish to take into account for any Future Events that they may currently be thinking of punching into play. :huh:

Therefore, I may be a little crazy. But, I am still thinking this Event should have had at least a 5-Day Runtime, instead of only a mere 4-Day Weekend-Only period of available time. Given some previous 'Like's that my earlier posts in this thread have received, I think I am likely not alone in this opinion. :unsure:

View Postingramli, on 05 February 2019 - 08:31 AM, said:

3 hours gone and couldnt score the last solo kill reward, thank you PGI for bring a such an interesting event.

There's a little over 3.5 Hours Left in this currently active Event as I'm finishing this post to put up, albeit I still feel that giving a little more time for everyone would be a helpful kindness... I don't know if you have a chance to try again right now, but good luck to you should there happen to be that chance. :mellow:

~D. V. "Catching up on this thread, after having punched through the 'All Systems Nominal' Event Challenges" Devnull

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users