Customizing Ui Sounds And Voice Packs

1 reply to this topic

#1 Insignus

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 February 2019 - 10:25 AM

Suggestion: Allow customization of UI Sounds and Voice packs using Cockpit Item interface.

There is a relatively small constellation of UI sounds in MWO, some of which, in the heat of battle, or if you're listening to music, can blast past you. Some of them are more important for some mechs than others.

For example, supposedly there is a sound for when you get radar locked or spotted. As someone who generally runs a stealth mech, this would be very useful to hear, but I've never heard it. I'd like the option to spend some MC to swap out that sound to something louder or even something with more duration.

This can be logically extended to voice packs.

Pros: The UI front end is there, merely needing extra dedicated slots. It would enable an additional revenue stream for cosmetics that players readily interface with.

Cons: The ability to swap sounds in engine would have to be coded, and hard disk space would increase by a likely small amount in order to accomodate them.

Note: As an aside, I"d also like a UI sound that pings for a few seconds after my stealth gets switched off by say, a NARC or PPC hit.

#2 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

I would have loved for custom voice packs and custom UIs especially easily modified and supported by PGI but........ yeah we can't even get 2-3 new maps added a year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users