Deadly Accurate, The Rifleman Iic Preorder Is Here!

104 replies to this topic

#41 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 05 February 2019 - 04:23 PM

After the excitement of finally getting my Marauder II, this one seems like such an anti-climax. I can make peace with everything but that comically small engine cap. That... that engine cap is awful, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I agree with almost everyone here so far. There is NOTHING that this does which I cannot already do with either the K2 or my Jester.

#42 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:09 PM

I am normally not one to be drawn into a Pre-Order Announcement thread like this, but something thoroughly caught my attention and made me take exception...

View PostAntares102, on 05 February 2019 - 12:19 PM, said:

Ah yes... we got a 30t mech that goes 32 kph but only with stock loadout.

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 05 February 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:

nor the hero UrbieIIC we NEED.

View PostAlvar Von Kenesthor, on 05 February 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

Another month without the Urbanmech IIC...

<<<video from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17KmNrG9pE4>>>

View PostSvarti713, on 05 February 2019 - 12:50 PM, said:

Holy crap this made me laugh sooo hard, this made my day lol

View Postdario03, on 05 February 2019 - 12:57 PM, said:

I still have Hope for the April mech announcement.

View PostRinkata Prime, on 05 February 2019 - 01:07 PM, said:

Hmph... and NONE of you could Link to the Forum Suggestion Thread (https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/249005-urbanmech-iic-clans-need-their-urbienlightenment-too-poll/) that PGI would need to get it In-Game quickly??? I say this half-jokingly, but you must want to disappoint the Clans....... Oh well, I got to beat The6thMessenger to posting this. :P

View PostBrunoSSace, on 05 February 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

Lol look, it finally dropped and most of you still arnt happy with it... Stop complaining in lore, it was a base defensive mech, held captured worlds and they made the low rung warriors use it in the second line. Mech looks super solid, its a Rifleman with Clan tech after all, you are not ment to be shot at.

Will not be doa.

Oh, you know the complainers. If it fails in even the slightest way when it first appears, and isn't just perfect, then they gotta moan and hate on it. Although, I guess if they didn't get upset, then we wouldn't at least have something to discuss around here, and the Communication Lines would go dead. They could stand to be more constructive in the way that they're talking about things, however. :(

~D. V. "Finding myself drawn into the RFL-IIC Pre-Order Forum Thread" Devnull

#43 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 05 February 2019 - 05:27 PM

Ugliest Urbie IIC artwork yet!

#44 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 06:13 PM

It's funny reading the complaints here considering many people in the tabletop community consider the Rifleman IIC to be overpowered due to mounted four Clan Large Pulse Lasers and enough heat sinks to fire them all effectively.

#45 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:06 PM

Clans are lacking good ballistic mechs in the heavy weight class and this will fit the bill. I can't find another clan heavy that can mount 2 ac10s with 4 to 6 medium lasers like my Warhammer 6R can with a LF engine going 68kph.
https://mwo.smurfy-n...6ee699550a027e9

Edited by GamerPro4000, 05 February 2019 - 07:09 PM.

#46 SevenDaggerSix

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:08 PM

Disappointment is putting it mildly. The hero and the special being behind the big pay wall as the others are weak that once the arms are targeted, the mech becomes a stick. Should have put some umf into it by giving it 16 ballistic hardpoints spread across the mech. Not to late to redesign one of the standard pack mechs or two to make them oversized piranha with one having ecm in head or center torso.

#47 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:17 PM

The 235 engine cap for the majority kills it. A 58kph 65 tonner is target practice.

View PostGamerPro4000, on 05 February 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

Clans are lacking good ballistic mechs in the heavy weight class and this will fit the bill. I can't find another clan heavy that can mount 2 ac10s with 4 to 6 medium lasers like my Warhammer 6R can with a LF engine going 68kph.
https://mwo.smurfy-n...6ee699550a027e9

The Sun Spider and Hellfire Void can do 2x UAC10 and 4x ERMLs.

#48 Corbon Zackery

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:20 PM

OMG! What kind of a world do we now live in when Chrome Dome makes it into the game! Good luck with that hit box!

Posted Image

Yea Chrome Dome! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hashtag: Is that a head?

#49 Anton Fetladral

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:24 PM

Rifleman IIC was one of my favorite tabletop mechs, so I am very happy about this. I'll probably pre-order the collector's pack.

It is slow, but there are already 3 mobile clan 65t heavies. Some of the variants can mount 315 engine rating which isn't that slow.

It might need some survivability quirks in the arms, like the Warhawk has. The IS Rifleman has all of the weaknesses this one will have, but is still pretty popular. It might end up being more competitive than you think... for example you could boat 6 clan lb-2 or ac-2 on the ballistic variant. Some very competitive Solaris players run a similar build on the Jagermech in Solaris with 6 arm-mounted ac2.

Edited by Anton Fetladral, 05 February 2019 - 07:30 PM.

#50 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:30 PM

View PostLT. HARDCASE, on 05 February 2019 - 07:17 PM, said:

The Sun Spider and Hellfire Void can do 2x UAC10 and 4x ERMLs.

Thanks for the tip, but I just verified that hellfire is locked behind a paywall of MC that doesn't count. The sunpider can only have 2 ballistics and 3 energy points. Depending on UAC10's is unrelaible DPS since the Sun Spider doesnt have any negative UAC jam perks. It is not good enough to be put close to the Warhammer6R in terms of DPS. Plus, the Rifleman IIC-A variant (the one i was referring earlier) has a max speed of 64.8kph. It isn't that much slower to the war hammer. Im not sure if the RIFLEMAN IIC is omni or not, if not there is a chance we can change the engine rating to increase its speed hopefully.

Edited by GamerPro4000, 05 February 2019 - 07:47 PM.

#51 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:31 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 05 February 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

I am normally not one to be drawn into a Pre-Order Announcement thread like this, but something thoroughly caught my attention and made me take exception...

Um this part of the post confused me. Posted Image
I thought Devnull posted in all topics! Heh he he. Posted Image

#52 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:32 PM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 05 February 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

It's funny reading the complaints here considering many people in the tabletop community consider the Rifleman IIC to be overpowered due to mounted four Clan Large Pulse Lasers and enough heat sinks to fire them all effectively.

That's because Clan Large Pulse Lasers lag well behind ERLL and HLL in MWO use.

#53 donkey crevice

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 32 posts
  • LocationRedding Ca

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:43 PM

I'm thinking quad ERLarge Laser JJ's and a maxed out armor and heat sinks. It has potential as a peeker and sniper.

#54 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 05 February 2019 - 07:53 PM

Looks awesome, excited to get one. Almost as good as UM IIC...

#55 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:04 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 05 February 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

Is the Hero Mech supposed to be Roderick Steiner's ride?

Anyway, BattleTech has such a rich lore. Use it for the Hero Mechs! There is so much potential...

Not necessarily. Roderick Steiner piloted a custom variation in Fire At Will that had only 2xLPL's and 2xAC2's in the arms. Keep in mind this was during the dark ages. You might be thinking of the Infernal Machine, which was the name of a Rifleman IIC mech that was in the battle of Tuyakkid. It defended a ghost bear supply depot during a last stand. TBH I'm not ever sure if that was a custom Rifleman IIC. You can read about it here:

http://members.optus...rcasRevenge.jpg

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 05 February 2019 - 08:11 PM.

#56 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:07 PM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 05 February 2019 - 07:30 PM, said:

Im not sure if the RIFLEMAN IIC is omni or not, if not there is a chance we can change the engine rating to increase its speed hopefully.

Nah it's a battlemech. It's engine cap will unfortunately not be a big advantage since it'll still be going slow, with exceptions on the IIC-A and the IIC-2. I'm rather surprised that PGI stuck with the traditional speed XL caps when they were buffed on the Annihilator.

#57 Momolillo

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 08:52 PM

Looks amazing! As always, great job from mech design team/guy. That eng cap tho... not willing to pay to get nascared to death at 50kph, so no pre-order here unless those 235 are tweaked a bit.

#58 MemeCreamSupreme

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:06 PM

Ooooouch The whole first page was people asking for different mechs and I mean all different ones. That hurt to read, does this have to be every thread?

#59 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 February 2019 - 09:45 PM

So, regardless of which pre-order I go for, the "Early Adopter" bonus remains the same, yeah? I assume that the special variant is just the IIC with a custom paint job and the same hardpoints, or am I wrong?

Also, off-topic, when are the 2 mechs from the Christmas Bonus event being shipped to our mechbays? I forgot. I might start playing MWO again just to check them out.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 05 February 2019 - 09:49 PM.

#60 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 05 February 2019 - 10:18 PM

Is there some kind of typo? 235 engine cap, are you sure someone didn't mistype for 325?

And what kind of hitbox is it going to have? If that entire head is CT, and an engine cap of 235, this is going to be the MOST DOA mech by far we've ever seen in MWO.

The only barely viable variant is the IIC-A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users