Question Help Me

27 replies to this topic

#21 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:28 AM

View PostTesunie, on 09 February 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Are we considering if someone bought a Hero mech, stripped it's pods, and then sold the mech off? Now it has to check to see if you "at some time in the life of the account, did you own this mech". What if they bought it, had Support refund and remove it from inventory, and then later wanted the Omni-pods? Would that count now as "previously purchased"? Or is that another step Support would need to alter in the account?

I personally think that Hero Omni-pods should be avalible for MC. Make it less viable to purchase a full set of pods over a whole Hero Omni, but each piece would be a fraction of a whole mech. However, as I said before, I understand why it's probably isn't that way, and despite my opinion I'm not overly bothered by how PGI currently has it set up.

Does the user have have a relevant hero mech? Allow re-purchase of sold hero omnipods.
Does the user not have a relevant hero mech and has sold the omnipods? No-repurchase of omnipods.

#22 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:28 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 11 February 2019 - 02:28 AM, said:

Does the user have have a relevant hero mech? Allow re-purchase of sold hero omnipods. Does the user not have a relevant hero mech and has sold the omnipods? No-repurchase of omnipods.
Or as was suggested before, just allow direct purchase of hero omnipods for a corresponding price. Think 25% of the mech's cost per each individual pod

#23 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 06:39 AM

View PostHorseman, on 11 February 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

Or as was suggested before, just allow direct purchase of hero omnipods for a corresponding price. Think 25% of the mech's cost per each individual pod

Mmmm, if it ever happened I'm afraid it would end up being more than that as bundles always cost less than a piece of the pie. No one would buy anything other than arms or shoulders anyways so math goes that way.
I'd like it if I could get the Hero pods because I'd really like the double energy points for my SunSpider's arms.

#24 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:06 AM

Mmmm, if it ever happened I'm afraid it would end up being more than that as bundles always cost less than a piece of the pie.
Seven omnipods (arms, legs, torsos, head) and the C-Bill bonus that's fixed to CT and therefore unbuyable :P

#25 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostHorseman, on 11 February 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

Seven omnipods (arms, legs, torsos, head) and the C-Bill bonus that's fixed to CT and therefore unbuyable Posted Image

No one would buy the head and the legs :P four omnipods :P

#26 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,578 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 11 February 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 11 February 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

No one would buy the head and the legs Posted Image four omnipods Posted Image

Then 35% of the base cost of the Hero mech, or 40% even.

Even then, the Hero would still have some things over a simple Hero pod purchase. 30% C-bill boost is the big one, as well as the custom paint scheme. I'm certain Heroes would still be sold.

Then again, it does not matter if we agree or disagree on the subject matter. It's up to PGI on how they wish to distribute their sales, and in the end we can either accept it or not play their game. I'm just really happy with how much PGI avoids P2W, unlike other games I know...

#27 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:33 AM

View PostTesunie, on 11 February 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

Then again, it does not matter if we agree or disagree on the subject matter. It's up to PGI on how they wish to distribute their sales, and in the end we can either accept it or not play their game. I'm just really happy with how much PGI avoids P2W, unlike other games I know...

You can say that again. As bad as they are at utilizing Battletech potential, they are as good to their playerbase in terms of monetization and ingame economy.

#28 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:13 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 11 February 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

No one would buy the head and the legs Posted Image four omnipods Posted Image
At 25% of the base mech cost, you grab all four and end up paying as much as the hero alone would be and still don't have the C-Bill bonus (which arguably is a huge selling point for hero mechs if they support same builds as the C-Bill variants).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users