Shoot And Loot Event! And Moar Mech Sales!

131 replies to this topic

#101 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:01 AM

TAG doesn't counter ECM. It just makes the painted Mech targettable. Huge difference.

#102 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:12 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 February 2019 - 03:01 AM, said:

TAG doesn't counter ECM. It just makes the painted Mech targettable. Huge difference.

How about Narc, BAP, ECM in counter mode and PPC hit? all of these have been tried and most of the time they do not work... for this event.
Lucky us you only need it to trigger ONCE and reward is also so small that you most likely gain multiple times that amount of CB while trying to complete that part of the event.

#103 Pairodice

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 03:15 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 February 2019 - 03:01 AM, said:

TAG counters ECM. Read the description.

Also as i mentioned before, the TAG hit and the ECM got crossed out (got countered).

Edited by Pairodice, 11 February 2019 - 03:17 AM.

#104 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:36 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 08 February 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

Headshot is my only real holdup. I average 1 per 900 games.

Yesterday I hit the cockpit of a shutdown Atlas with dual regular Gauss, but it survived cherry red. Today I just got my 64th headshot in my 13972nd match \o/ (FNR-5B with dual Heavy Gauss and 5 ERML) by pointing at something dark coming up a hill during a snow storm. I have no idea what it was Posted Image

#105 Vorpal Puppy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:27 AM

Finally got the counter ECM locked damage. Did it in an ACH. I legged a shadowcat, countered his ECM, pressed R to lock, then made sure I was hugged in close enough that he was never out of the counter bubble while the LRM boats killed him (Polar Highlands). Nothing else had worked for me - could it be that the killing blow has to happen while you have the ECM countered as well as locked?

#106 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 February 2019 - 12:32 PM

Yep, that's what I had to do also.

I've done all the tasks except capture a point... no one seems to ever pick capture :\

#107 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:11 PM

Question, 30 damage is a minimum for a headshot to work?

#108 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 01:47 PM

The event isn't tracking correctly.

I've achieved the counter ECM Locked damage requirement more than once but it's not rewarding.

Situation Normal all ****** up.

#109 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:58 PM

View Postmad kat, on 11 February 2019 - 01:47 PM, said:

The event isn't tracking correctly.

I've achieved the counter ECM Locked damage requirement more than once but it's not rewarding.

Situation Normal all ****** up.

Didn't you send support a screenshot post match showing you achieved it, and the match ID at upper left corner?

Edited by Akillius, 11 February 2019 - 02:58 PM.

#110 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 09:15 PM

zero issues here. I don't think anything is wrong.

#111 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 11 February 2019 - 10:56 PM

View PostAkillius, on 11 February 2019 - 02:58 PM, said:

Didn't you send support a screenshot post match showing you achieved it, and the match ID at upper left corner?

I did it again twice in one match so hit f12 (steam screen shot) with the match end but when I went to save it it had failed. Typical never had a problem with steam screenshot before.

Will have to try à third time.....

Edited by mad kat, 11 February 2019 - 10:56 PM.

#112 Pairodice

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 11:47 PM

I finally got the achievement in my MDD, ATM12's, Light-TAG, Light-BAP soloing a King-Crab from a distance between 150m - 400m so the BAP wouldn't have take effect on this.

This achievement is weird, i did that several times before in my MDD and other boats carrying missiles + TAG.

Edit: Since the King-Crab cannot carry ECM the BAP probably has effected a nearby enemy Mech or he was under the effect by an allied ECM Mech... I can't find any explanation for this...

Edited by Pairodice, 11 February 2019 - 11:59 PM.

#113 BLOOD1975

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 156 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 12 February 2019 - 12:16 AM

headshot is not the problem....
the 500 score is right now difficult....
just had medium matches :/

never did more than 450 the last days

#114 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 01:58 AM

Would like to check game behaviour. I ran a ACW with LTAG, LBAP, ECM and streaks, was in a game and facehugging an ECM Fafnir, I hit Counter ECM, facehug the Fafnir, turn on LTAG and lase it, but I could not get the missile lock-on reticle to initiate. No white spinning reticle collapsing and turning red, just the normal torso/arm aiming reticles.

I turn ECM back to Disrupt and the spinning white reticle appears immediately followed by the streak lock.

I flip it back to Counter, and the lock disappears and doesn't reappear at all.

Is this correct behaviour? LTAG is on the whole time at point blank range, so LBAP should also be working. But it seemed as if the Fafnir's ECM was negating my ability to lock despite my ECM on Counter and having LTAG and LBAP at point blank range.

In fact I did this several times over nearly 15 seconds, and could not get a lock before the Fafnir destroyed me.

#115 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:31 AM

CLAP does not counter when it's equipped alongside of ECM.
The rest reads quite weird to me.

#116 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 12 February 2019 - 04:43 AM

Got the headshot done finally: Found an afk Roughneck, carefully removed its weapons before trying to find its head hitbox. Thanks for not (really) moving after coming back to the game, unknown pilot.
With a disconnected MK2 earlier, my MGs tore through its CT armour faster than through the head section. Should've relied on my lasers probably.

#117 wandering wallflower

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Locationnorth american quick play servers

Posted 12 February 2019 - 07:10 AM

View Postarcana75, on 12 February 2019 - 01:58 AM, said:

Would like to check game behaviour. I ran a ACW with LTAG, LBAP, ECM and streaks, was in a game and facehugging an ECM Fafnir, I hit Counter ECM, facehug the Fafnir, turn on LTAG and lase it, but I could not get the missile lock-on reticle to initiate. No white spinning reticle collapsing and turning red, just the normal torso/arm aiming reticles.

I turn ECM back to Disrupt and the spinning white reticle appears immediately followed by the streak lock.

I flip it back to Counter, and the lock disappears and doesn't reappear at all.

Is this correct behaviour? LTAG is on the whole time at point blank range, so LBAP should also be working. But it seemed as if the Fafnir's ECM was negating my ability to lock despite my ECM on Counter and having LTAG and LBAP at point blank range.

In fact I did this several times over nearly 15 seconds, and could not get a lock before the Fafnir destroyed me.

i think you face-hugged a stealth Fafnir, that turned on it's stealth when you got really close.

#118 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:24 AM

View Postmad kat, on 11 February 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

I did it again twice in one match so hit f12 (steam screen shot) with the match end but when I went to save it it had failed. Typical never had a problem with steam screenshot before.

Usually they are stored on disk even if the uploader crashes at the end. Just pick MWO in your library, right-click and select screenshots. Then at the bottom pick "view on Disk". Maybe you are lucky and the image files are still there and usable even if they were not properly displayed at the end of the game.

HTH

#119 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

View Postmad kat, on 11 February 2019 - 10:56 PM, said:

Over the years I've had steam appear to not take a couple of screenshots, and a handful appeared all black.
Also seen steam take the screenshot after the a game crash. (Usually in ea/alpha/closed-beta games on steam.)
But a couple of those screenshots were just fine on the local drive. (see below)

Unfortunately some of those screenshots were all black, or simply missing.
If all black then restart game and take a test screenshot, and if still all black then it switch the game settings to Windowed Mode and Full Screen, restart game and take another test screenshot.

View PostFallGuy0815, on 12 February 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

Usually they are stored on disk even if the uploader crashes at the end. Just pick MWO in your library, right-click and select screenshots. Then at the bottom pick "view on Disk". Maybe you are lucky and the image files are still there and usable even if they were not properly displayed at the end of the game.

HTH

^Excellent directions & you beat me to it thanks. :)

#120 Adarven

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 70 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 12 February 2019 - 03:24 PM

Finnaly get all but "Here Piggy Piggy" (I dont plan to buy this mech)
HS was the most tricky, since I play mostly lights - but last match I was the last one from my team and killed all remaining (3). The very last guy run out the ammo (but he was good pilot) - so we exchanged greetings and than I was able to score HS. (thx to him)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users