Shoot And Loot Event! And Moar Mech Sales!

131 replies to this topic

#81 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:12 PM

okay just used NARC, UAV, Counter ECM, on the same mech locked and fired the streaks, and still nothing

damn thing is broke for me

guess all that's left is buy a mech that can use TAG,NARC,ECM, and use UAV, and either Sreaks,LRM, or ATM,
but
not worth it, mech would cost more then the reward, so not buying a new mech

#82 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:21 PM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 09 February 2019 - 11:12 PM, said:

okay just used NARC, UAV, Counter ECM, on the same mech locked and fired the streaks, and still nothing

damn thing is broke for me

guess all that's left is buy a mech that can use TAG,NARC,ECM, and use UAV, and either Sreaks,LRM, or ATM,
but
not worth it, mech would cost more then the reward, so not buying a new mech

forgot to add Active probe.
going to try again with same mech but added the Active Probe, everything but TAG

#83 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:59 PM

Hey, guys, just FWI:

I've been trying for two days to get that damned 'Counter ECM Locked Damage' objective. I've tried with a variety of my ECM mechs, running around on 'counter', waiting until I was in an ECM enemy's face to counter, holding a lock, using missiles, using whatever else, and couldn't get it.

I just finally got it. My solution was to put an Active Probe into my Kodiak shotgunner, and hold lock on every enemy I was fighting. At some point, I was locked on an ECM mech while in the thick of it, and either from my LBX damage or the damage of my teammates, I earned the reward.

Edited by renzor51, 09 February 2019 - 11:59 PM.

#84 Wolfgang Grenzstein

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 12:38 AM

insanely badly designed event.

headshot,
500 score,
first capture,
ecm counter.

all are hard to get (first 2 only for the top 20% of the playerbase, can live with that) - latter 2 dumb luck (and that annoys me greatly).

do better.

#85 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:07 AM

Yeah, I don't think I'll be getting that headshot. I've been playing for three months and only have one headshot so far in all of my kills.

#86 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:10 AM

======= ATTENTION =======

To anyone who is complaining about the following TeamWork-Linked Challenge Items...
  • First Capture
  • Counter ECM
  • Counter ECM Locked Damage
  • TAG Damage
  • UAV Locked Damage
  • 500 Match Score
...and probably a few other things, I am left in dismay at you. Please begin learning to work with others as a Team, respecting each other's combat styles, tactics, and strategies. Further, the Terrain can be used in many ways, more than what people assume of it, so find new ways to work with it. You will then all find that these come more easily, because you and your Team all worked together. Stop acting like cats who are in something only for themselves, and function together like a pack of dogs/wolves or a hive of bees. Quit trying to force certain methods of play upon each other, as the Meta is something that is ruining MWO through how it tries to make things too fast and quote-unquote "efficient", and understand how to play more than just fast facetank brawling. War is not always won by the short-range game, nor is it always won by Nascar, and that's something which these Events are supposed to help everyone get a feel of. -_-

Frankly, I actually like and enjoy the mixes of Challenges which our friendly Matt Newman (a.k.a. "Mr. Awesome" -- When is he going to start wearing that User-Dubbed Title?) and the rest of PGI's Events Team keep coming up with. The only thing that can get me cranky or worried lately is when they don't give appropriate enough time to go with those Challenges, or when there's a Bug that's crippling actually completing the Challenge, but they usually do a good job now with fixing that as best as they possibly can. Frankly, this particular Event has been given proper time to get all of those Challenges done, without question. It's just a matter of being willing to put in the effort, and find those spots carefully where you can get the various Challenges done, and you'll have it bagged! :D

Now, pardon me while I get back to the battlefields, and finish getting a few of these things myself. As one would say, "Time waits for no one.", and I'm sadly no exception to that. B)

~Mr. D. V. "defending PGI, this time around... dismayed by others wanting to ruin extensibility of Events" Devnull

#87 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:38 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 February 2019 - 02:10 AM, said:

======= ATTENTION =======

To anyone who is complaining about the following TeamWork-Linked Challenge Items...
  • First Capture
...and probably a few other things, I am left in dismay at you.

This is not depending on teamwork, this depends on a single game mode appearing (seems to be once in about 6 games for me) and being voted on (I was at x5 or x6 when I finally got it with 51%)

#88 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:22 AM

View PostWolfgang Grenzstein, on 10 February 2019 - 12:38 AM, said:

insanely badly designed event.

headshot,
500 score,
first capture,
ecm counter.

all are hard to get (first 2 only for the top 20% of the playerbase, can live with that) - latter 2 dumb luck (and that annoys me greatly).

do better.

Dude ? Take a deep breath and re examine your twisted priorities .

Might I point out that all you need to do to make 500 k cbills and score a supply cache is to just ..........PLAY THE GAME .

The Solaris event is offering MC prizes without you needing to make 500 score or head shots or ecm damage counters.

#89 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 February 2019 - 03:47 AM

View PostThomasAH, on 10 February 2019 - 02:38 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

This is not depending on teamwork, this depends on a single game mode appearing (seems to be once in about 6 games for me) and being voted on (I was at x5 or x6 when I finally got it with 51%)

There may be a minor RNG Element involved, but finally getting the Conquest Game Mode happens to STILL require a form of TeamWork... When it does appear, people have to actually work together by voting for Conquest to tell PGI's Server that they want it. This means managing Silent TeamWork against both PGI's Server over time, as well as anyone who thinks it's funny to keep other people from playing a single particular Game Mode. :huh:

Sure, it may not be TeamWork in the normal standard definition. Yet, it is TeamWork anyway, because people must operate together as if they were in a Team. If they do not work together, then the success needed to get something is never earned, and what was wanted is then subsequently not achieved. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "I might be stretching the definition, but I hope my point is now clear." Devnull

#90 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 February 2019 - 04:42 AM

Didn't think I was gonna get the Headshot..

Then I encountered an enemy that overheated... alot...

Remember, the easiest way to score a HS is to find an enemy that ain't moving... Posted Image

Edited by MovinTarget, 10 February 2019 - 09:44 AM.

#91 UnkrautJeti

Rookie

• The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 05:05 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 February 2019 - 02:10 AM, said:

======= ATTENTION ======= To anyone who is complaining about the following TeamWork-Linked Challenge Items...
  • First Capture
  • Counter ECM
  • Counter ECM Locked Damage
  • TAG Damage
  • UAV Locked Damage
  • 500 Match Score
...and probably a few other things, I am left in dismay at you. Please begin learning to work with others as a Team, respecting each other's combat styles, tactics, and strategies. Further, the Terrain can be used in many ways, more than what people assume of it, so find new ways to work with it. You will then all find that these come more easily, because you and your Team all worked together. Stop acting like cats who are in something only for themselves, and function together like a pack of dogs/wolves or a hive of bees. Quit trying to force certain methods of play upon each other, as the Meta is something that is ruining MWO through how it tries to make things too fast and quote-unquote "efficient", and understand how to play more than just fast facetank brawling. War is not always won by the short-range game, nor is it always won by Nascar, and that's something which these Events are supposed to help everyone get a feel of. Posted Image Frankly, I actually like and enjoy the mixes of Challenges which our friendly Matt Newman (a.k.a. "Mr. Awesome" -- When is he going to start wearing that User-Dubbed Title?) and the rest of PGI's Events Team keep coming up with. The only thing that can get me cranky or worried lately is when they don't give appropriate enough time to go with those Challenges, or when there's a Bug that's crippling actually completing the Challenge, but they usually do a good job now with fixing that as best as they possibly can. Frankly, this particular Event has been given proper time to get all of those Challenges done, without question. It's just a matter of being willing to put in the effort, and find those spots carefully where you can get the various Challenges done, and you'll have it bagged! Posted Image Now, pardon me while I get back to the battlefields, and finish getting a few of these things myself. As one would say, "Time waits for no one.", and I'm sadly no exception to that. Posted Image ~Mr. D. V. "defending PGI, this time around... dismayed by others wanting to ruin extensibility of Events" Devnull

well then how does Counter ECM Locked damage work? I tried multiple loadouts and i risk my own Mech for the team to lurm those ecm mechs but hey nothing happend! the lurms connected the ecm was blocked still no counter ecm locked dmg! explain the conditions then you can scold the community!

#92 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 10 February 2019 - 06:37 AM

View PostUnkrautJeti, on 10 February 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

well then how does Counter ECM Locked damage work? I tried multiple loadouts and i risk my own Mech for the team to lurm those ecm mechs but hey nothing happend! the lurms connected the ecm was blocked still no counter ecm locked dmg! explain the conditions then you can scold the community!

I just dropped a bazillion times in a StreakDog with Cap and TAG and eventually got it, but I don't know which drop achieved it and what I particularly did...

#93 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 01:29 PM

I've found that you can get the ECM counter locked damage reliably when you counter the ecm and make your friendly atm/lurmboats pester the countere enemy.

#94 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 02:25 PM

so it's really just counter ECM, and let team do the damage ?

I didn't see anything outside of normal game play from me to accomplish/complete this challenge, except head shot ( I never really go for head shots, there is more C-Bills destroying components), but yet, I seem to need to place extra effort to get Counter ECM Lock damage, Still only thing left to get.
streak boating didn't do it, TAGging didt'n do it, NARCing was a bust, and running around with Counter on, and seeing their ECM is countered (X over their ECM icon) . . . oh and popping a UAV above them

now what are the odds of several matches doing these things, and not one other team shooting at the same mech I had counter ?

couldn't count the amount of times (too many to count) I have NARCed, and call the target, and no one targets that target, which is why I don't take NARCs into Quick Play anymore. can use that weight for something else

I'm shocked I can't get Counter ECM Damage, totally stumped , this isn't something that should take multiple hours of game play to accomplish, but yet it is, for me, it's like nothing is counting, like I'm not even there

#95 Pebkac

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 07:59 PM

"Counter ECM Locked Damage" is absolutely 100% bugged for me.

Over 20 matches with various combinations of ECM, UAV, Tag, BAP and Narc.

Many instances of being the only Mech in visual range of an enemy, enemy locked, with the enemy's ECM indicator crossed out, friendly LRMs hitting the target.

Objective still outstanding.

#96 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:17 PM

View PostImperialKnight, on 09 February 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

Finally did the Counter ECM Locked with NARC and SSRMs Posted Image
it's not just missiles, but systems that require lock-ons, like SSRMs, LRMs, or ATMs

SSR MISSILES, LR MISSILES, or AT MISSILES... just saying.

#97 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,616 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:21 PM

View PostPebkac, on 10 February 2019 - 07:59 PM, said:

"Counter ECM Locked Damage" is absolutely 100% bugged for me.

Over 20 matches with various combinations of ECM, UAV, Tag, BAP and Narc.

Many instances of being the only Mech in visual range of an enemy, enemy locked, with the enemy's ECM indicator crossed out, friendly LRMs hitting the target.

Objective still outstanding.

That counter ECM locked damage is weird, but I think you can achieve it alone just counter ecm with BAP/ECM and shoot streaks... at least I got mine while in streak huntsman.

I also tried 10+ games countering and trying to get friendly mech shoot that mech with lrm/atm/ssrm and it just didn't trigger

View PostImperialKnight, on 09 February 2019 - 10:32 PM, said:

Finally did the Counter ECM Locked with NARC and SSRMs Posted Image
it's not just missiles, but systems that require lock-ons, like SSRMs, LRMs, or ATMs

SSR MISSILES, LR MISSILES, or AT MISSILES... just saying.

#98 Pebkac

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:27 PM

View PostCurccu, on 10 February 2019 - 11:21 PM, said:

That counter ECM locked damage is weird, but I think you can achieve it alone just counter ecm with BAP/ECM and shoot streaks... at least I got mine while in streak huntsman.

Nope - many many games in an Arctic Wolf with all the ECM Countering gear and 2x SSRM6s. Got nothing.

#99 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 10 February 2019 - 11:57 PM

Active Probe will do it. Seriously. I accomplished that with a Kodiak.

Put in an Active Probe, make sure you're locked on the ECM guy while everyone's attacking. Done.

#100 Pairodice

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 February 2019 - 02:06 AM

Ok, I'm having 70ish games now, last 20ish in an Arctic Wolf with SSRM, ECM, BAP, TAG, UAV's. I Also Narced, PPC'ed etc. the games before.

Last game i was in my Highlander with BAP, TAG, LRM20s. At the very beginning of the game i locked a Fafnir with ECM which got countered as my TAG hits, i locked him and shot my missles. At the same time another Assault LRM boat fired his missles to the same Fafnir.

Nothing happened Achievement wise. Either it is bugged or someone - who REALLY knows what to do and not guessing - explain this.

TKS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users