26 replies to this topic

#1 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:49 PM

...or whoever designed this. Please fix the Warhammer llc's feet. Enlarge the heels wide. The mech seems to be standing on its toes. And please get rid of the bottle openers on the arms, especially on the heels. For all i know you might as well put spurs. (sigh) Bottle opening heels...

Believe me, i have tried to contain my OCD about this.

Posted Image

#2 VulcanXIV

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:56 AM

This is a bit funny to me, because I personally think the vapor eagle's feet look like duck feet in heels flapping in the wind. The urband mech's entire phyics-less movement animation is garbage too

#3 Anjian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:13 AM

I forgot the scientific terms for these in biology, due to being latin word based, but there are three kinds of bipedal legs and feet.

1. The first refers to the leg and feet design that puts the weight on the heel and soles of the feet.

2. The second type places the weight on the toes of the feet. (Cat and Dog hind feet)

3. The third type places the weight on the claws or nails of the feet. (Ox).

There are IK support for the last two are on games too. No. 2 and 3 are becoming increasingly used for mecha and power suits in games because somehow, they look cool. You can find them when you see the leg has a Z like shape, with a forward joint followed by a reverse joint. The reverse joint is actually the heel, and the entire length to the foot is the real foot, with the foot being the toes or claws.

Posted Image

Edited by Anjian, 06 March 2019 - 04:15 AM.

#4 VulcanXIV

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:13 AM

View PostAnjian, on 06 March 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

I forgot the scientific terms for these in biology, due to being latin word based, but there are three kinds of bipedal legs and feet.

1. The first refers to the leg and feet design that puts the weight on the heel and soles of the feet.

2. The second type places the weight on the toes of the feet. (Cat and Dog hind feet)

There are IK support for the last two are on games too. No. 2 and 3 are becoming increasingly used for mecha and power suits in games because somehow, they look cool. You can find them when you see the leg has a Z like shape, with a forward joint followed by a reverse joint. The reverse joint is actually the heel, and the entire length to the foot is the real foot, with the foot being the toes or claws.

Posted Image

At least in armored core it's interesting. Reverse joint legs are known to be much higher weight holders, and they're given a springboard-like super jump, too (legs in armored core define how much weight you can carry). Now it just seems people do it for the mecha feel of it (pisses me off, they're ugly).

Edited by VulcanXIV, 06 March 2019 - 07:11 AM.

#5 wandering wallflower

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Locationnorth american quick play servers

Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:51 AM

View PostAnjian, on 06 March 2019 - 04:13 AM, said:

1. Plantigrades
2. Digitigrades
3. Unguligrades

#6 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:17 AM

View PostVulcanXIV, on 06 March 2019 - 05:13 AM, said:

At least in armored core it's interesting. Reverse joint legs are known to be much higher weight holders, and they're given a springboard-like super jump, too (legs in armored core define how much weight you can carry). Now it just seems people do it for the mecha feel of it (pisses me off, they're ugly).

Legs also define your stability, which affects your gun's cone of fire. Autocannons that have a very high damage are balanced off with a cone of fire of high error, which needs to be rectified with a more stable platform.

#7 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:35 AM

View Postwandering wallflower, on 06 March 2019 - 06:51 AM, said:

1. Plantigrades
2. Digitigrades
3. Unguligrades

Yes, those are the three.

Definitely not a Plantigrade here. The use of Digitigrade and Unguligrade legs have in recent years, create a strong distinctive identity with Western designed game mecha from Japanese anime inspired mecha.

Posted Image

Edited by Anjian, 06 March 2019 - 09:53 AM.

#8 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:19 PM

Hey guys, this issue isn't related to Alex as he is the concept artist.

However a corrected version of the Warhammer IIC will be released in the next patch. A version error occurred where the wrong ‘Mech model was released and we are going to correct it in the patch. This addresses the feet and overall size error of what’s on live.

We apologize for the slip up and work to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

#9 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 08 March 2019 - 04:59 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 08 March 2019 - 04:19 PM, said:

However a corrected version of the Warhammer IIC will be released in the next patch. A version error occurred where the wrong ‘Mech model was released and we are going to correct it in the patch. This addresses the feet and overall size error of what’s on live.

Holy Word of Blake! I was not aware of this being an actual issue.

Do you have an image for the correct version so that we may see the difference?

And thanks Tina for this update!

#10 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 March 2019 - 05:47 PM

Is it too much to ask for the WHM-IIC to have its agility stats improved after you guys release the much larger model? Its current tiny size is really the only thing that justified its clumsy handling.

#11 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:55 AM

View PostFupDup, on 08 March 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

Is it too much to ask for the WHM-IIC to have its agility stats improved after you guys release the much larger model? Its current tiny size is really the only thing that justified its clumsy handling.

^ This, for the love of god give it more mobility for the only thing that keeps it from being extremely bad at the moment is it's small size.

#12 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:51 AM

Wait, what??

so its going to get bigger? and how does that even happen??

#13 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

I would be careful of what one asks for...this is an assault mech, not a heavy mech. I do believe some had questioned its scaling...

This addresses the feet and overall size error of what’s on live.

Just saying....

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 09 March 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Wait, what??

Easy. Someone forget it is an assault mech and not a heavy... Posted Image And the lack of measure twice.. cut once

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 09 March 2019 - 09:29 AM.

#14 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 09:27 AM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 09 March 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Wait, what??

It's going to get bigger, and still retain its armor value... glad I didn't buy this.

#15 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:18 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 09 March 2019 - 09:27 AM, said:

I would be careful of what one asks for...this is an assault mech, not a heavy mech. I do believe some had questioned its scaling...

Just saying....

Easy. Someone forget it is an assault mech and not a heavy... Posted Image And the lack of measure twice.. cut once

I mean, how does the wrong model make it to live...

#16 VulcanXIV

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:27 AM

Wowwowow this went from a funny post to a satisfying response real fast

#17 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 10:32 AM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 09 March 2019 - 10:18 AM, said:

I mean, how does the wrong model make it to live...

Easy answer, PGI...

#18 Dogstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:23 AM

Riiiiight.....

So it seems like the entire company pays absolutely no attention to what gets pushed out the door, no wonder people think PGI are clowns when they make this sort of 'slip up'.

#19 SoulRcannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:39 AM

This addresses the feet and overall size error of what’s on live.

With its current armor values and its agility, if the Warhammer IIC is upscaled without either of the former values being improved by some degree it'll perform so much worse in-game. As in, it'll be gutted - its current small profile is in some ways compensating for this presently. Please consider passing the feedback of this nature in this thread to someone who can decide to adjust these other perimeters to coincide with the next patch when the rescaling occurs. Thank you.

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 11:44 AM

Anyway got a shot of said feet?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users