94 replies to this topic

#1 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:16 AM

Mech Warriors,

I have been playing this game for many years now. I love this game and keep coming back to it. It's one of the few games I can say that about and it's free.

I see other posts about how PGI can improve the game. Armchair quarterbacks sitting at home with no award winning games under their belt telling the creator of one of the best F2P games ever made how they could have done it better. Get a grip on yourself and start your posts listing your game industry achievements. Oh that's right you don't have any. PGI does.

I think that almost all of the people still posting on these forums LOVE this game. It's that love that drives them to say some of the most terrible things about the developer.

I'm here to say GREAT WORK PGI!! you have created a game that has entertained me for countless hours. I have spent money but it was well worth it in terms or $ vs. hours of entertainment.

I may not always agree with the changes they make but I do appreciate the hard work and dedication they have put into this game.

Thank you PGI,

Eatit, a humble fan of your work.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:29 AM

if this is the best f2p game, im never playing another again.

i prefer the old skool model of selling a game as a product. you bought the game, not part of a game, the whole thing, everyone else who bought the game got the same game as you. no grey areas between standard and premium editions. demos existed, so you could try before parting with your 60 bucks and avoid getting burned. games where you could have some friends over for a lan party. where if you got board with it you could either download mods for it, or mod the hell out of it yourself. modding is the key feature that makes game communities endure. thats why people are still making quake mods (im currently playing quake 1.5 *drools*). but it seems the game industry has forgotten how to make those. mw5 seems to be a step in the right direction, and i hope that becomes the mechwarrior that endures. perhaps the derpness surrounding mwo was due to the trappings of the f2p model. one can only hope.

Edited by LordNothing, 13 February 2019 - 07:49 AM.

#3 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:31 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 February 2019 - 07:29 AM, said:

if this is the best f2p game, im never playing another again.

If you hate it so much why have you posted 9000 time on these forums?

#4 R Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:37 AM

View PostEatit, on 13 February 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

To try to make it better, duh. What a dumb question.

#5 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:39 AM

View PostKiran Yagami, on 13 February 2019 - 07:37 AM, said:

To try to make it better, duh. What a dumb question.

Why would you waste that much time trying to make something you hate better? 9000 posts that's days worth of typing. Your argument doesn't hold water.

#6 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:52 AM

View PostEatit, on 13 February 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

i dont hate it, i hate the f2p model. its too much an excuse to half *** everything.

#7 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:03 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by Tina Benoit, 14 February 2019 - 10:33 AM.
insults/nonconstructive

#8 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:06 AM

PGI doesn't give out MC for text based handies. You gotta do events like everyone else.

#9 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:09 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 13 February 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

[Redacted]

Resorting to name calling is a sign that you don't have an actual argument. Your post is just a personal attack. You don't know me.

View PostBombast, on 13 February 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

PGI doesn't give out MC for text based handies. You gotta do events like everyone else.

That actually made me laugh out loud. Thank you for that Bombast.

Edited by Tina Benoit, 14 February 2019 - 10:34 AM.
cleaning quote

#10 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:14 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 13 February 2019 - 07:52 AM, said:

i dont hate it, i hate the f2p model. its too much an excuse to half *** everything.

Admit it, you love it. Just like the rest of us. We love our children, that's why we spend so much time trying to make them better. Same with this game. It's all good, I love this game.

I wish PGI had made different decisions in the past to retain more of the player base but the past is the past. All I can say is that I have more hours of fun in this game than most any other.

#11 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:21 AM

This community is one of the bitchiest that I have seen. In fact I heard about it years ago and it kept me from even trying this game (a mistake), until I ran out of other options.

If someone does not like the game - don’t play it and walk away quietly. We can manage without the crying and bitching.
The fact that you keep playing it means I should not listen to you.
If you did quit but keep posting here, well... this is even more pathetic.

Edited by ShiverMeRivets, 13 February 2019 - 08:22 AM.

#12 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:45 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 13 February 2019 - 08:21 AM, said:

If someone does not like the game - don’t play it and walk away quietly. We can manage without the crying and bitching.

Seeing someone ***** about bitching is always a delight.

Wait, why isn't bitching censored? All the other fun words are, including *****. Can't say **** or {Godwin's Law} but bitching is ok?

Oh, also Warframe is obviously the best F2P game ever.

Posted Image

Edited by Bombast, 13 February 2019 - 08:45 AM.

#13 Eatit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 286 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:50 AM

Bombast you should change your name to Broseidon King of the Brocean.

You are a delight to read. Thank you again.

AND, Since I don't play Warframe it's obviously not the best.

#14 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:52 AM

game hierarchy is still indie>aaa>f2p. the title of ultimate communist game is still held by tetris imho.

#15 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:55 AM

View PostEatit, on 13 February 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

I think that almost all of the people still posting on these forums LOVE this game. It's that love that drives them to say some of the most terrible things about the developer.

I'm here to say GREAT WORK PGI!! you have created a game that has entertained me for countless hours. I have spent money but it was well worth it in terms or $ vs. hours of entertainment.

I may not always agree with the changes they make but I do appreciate the hard work and dedication they have put into this game.

Agreed. Now if they would stop breaking my stuff and make CW worth playing (gimmie back phase 2) I’d do a lot less bitching and even spend money again.

#16 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 08:57 AM

View PostEatit, on 13 February 2019 - 08:50 AM, said:

AND, Since I don't play Warframe it's obviously not the best.

All jokes and such aside, it's a game worth looking in to. Even if it's not your cup of tea, the company who makes it, Digital Extremes, is noteworthy. There isn't a video game company on Earth that couldn't learn something from them when it comes to community management and communications.

Also it's funny watching their two female community leads argue about what's the best cucumber, skinned or with skin intact.

#17 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 09:28 AM

We need more threads like this . Thank you for making this Eatit . Posted Image

Yup by far the best Mech Game currently . May it last a very very long time . I have given this awesome game so much money and it was well worth it . I feel every cent given has been returned twice over . The events and prizes on those special holidays are amazing . On top of that we get an event just about every week . I wish millions of people played this , all i can do is tell everyone i know about it .

I love every aspect and every game mode . Thank you PGI and Devs for making such an awesome game and being so generous .

#18 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:13 AM

Posted Image

#19 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 13 February 2019 - 10:17 AM

View PostBombast, on 13 February 2019 - 08:57 AM, said:

There isn't a video game company on Earth that couldn't learn something from them when it comes to community management and communications.

As a Warframe long time player (shameful 1'5 k hours I'm not too much proud of...). This is both very true and very false:
Digital Extremes made THE BEST monetization system in a F2P game ever. Period.
They also hold mensual directs where they talk about the game novelties and discuss the game's direction while laying out the roadmap for future actualizations and also telling jokes and laughting among themselves, and their head of community relations, Rebecca, has pretty much the same role in the game as Sean Lang here (or TheB33f when he used to be more active) while also being an active developer. Which makes them feel human, not just a faceless company.
Thus giving DE an appearance of being close to the player.

But saying they're good at communications with their community is like saying that MWO's current "if you want that change made, Tweet it to Russ to see it done" is the perfect model...

Warframe faces the exact same problem as MWO when it comes to balancing with lots of Frames (characters) and weapons being totally unbalanced (OP or useless), which DE tends to either ignore or directly not adress in the hopes that pumping out new ones will make the players forget those problems.

And let's not get started on how they adress criticism (straight up banning players) or censorship on their forums and ingame chat. (You can't say "Lay a trap" since "Trap is a Trans slur", just as an example).
Which are usually handled by bots worsening the situation.

Digital Extreme's game and it's backstory in bringing to life their passion project are admirable indeed.

But they're far from perfect

Edited by Alvar Von Kenesthor, 13 February 2019 - 10:20 AM.

#20 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 February 2019 - 01:25 PM

View PostBombast, on 13 February 2019 - 08:45 AM, said:

Warframe is obviously the best F2P game ever.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users