Countdown To Warhammer Iic Release!

82 replies to this topic

#81 Dregian Bloodwrath

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:06 AM

DEAR PGI we thank u for the free bonus mechs but when it comes to the warhammer u might aswell just have kept it to urselfs .. a 80ton assault than cant even push out a 60 alpha and overheats like its going out of fasion .. i have lights that are more dangerous than the free warhammer no joke .. warhammer?? its not worth that name

#82 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 20 February 2019 - 10:24 AM

View PostDregian Bloodwrath, on 20 February 2019 - 10:06 AM, said:

DEAR PGI we thank u for the free bonus mechs but when it comes to the warhammer u might aswell just have kept it to urselfs .. a 80ton assault than cant even push out a 60 alpha and overheats like its going out of fasion .. i have lights that are more dangerous than the free warhammer no joke .. warhammer?? its not worth that name

Yeah, heat is a problem. I have 21 double heat sinks on it (including 10 in the engine) and firing 2 PPCs generates 50% heat, which is not cool (and not just in terms of heat).

Also, Dregian, can you not write this way please? My eyes hurt from reading this.

Edited by admiralbenbow123, 20 February 2019 - 10:26 AM.

#83 Uakari

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 February 2019 - 05:42 PM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 20 February 2019 - 10:24 AM, said:

Yeah, heat is a problem. I have 21 double heat sinks on it (including 10 in the engine) and firing 2 PPCs generates 50% heat, which is not cool (and not just in terms of heat).

Also, Dregian, can you not write this way please? My eyes hurt from reading this.

As I see it, double heat sinks dont matter much when it comes to PPC heat generation. No matter how many you bunk, it will always be 50 %, but afterwards the coolrun will be much faster with a high amount of heatsinks.
That means, with 10 heatsinks you will be at 30 % heat when your ppc are ready to fire again, with 21 heatsinks perhaps sth like 10 %.
That has nothing to do with the warhammer. It s a good mech.

If you want to have fun with high alphas try 2 Heavy large 4 heavy mediums, 72 point alpha. You wont like the heat spike though. ;-)
If you want high dps try: 2 heavy mgs, 2 large pulse, 2 med pulse, 2 srm6 maul facehugger. Sounds underwhelming at first, but has great dps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users