141 replies to this topic

#41 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 16 February 2019 - 06:22 AM

Now I have to decide if I want to take the Warhammer IIC out after patch ot my Nightstar 9S with 2 UAC20's!

Is anyone else hoping that the focus on MechWarrior 5 will lead to MWO moving to the Unreal engine?

#42 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:43 AM

View PostZookeeper Dan, on 16 February 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

Is anyone else hoping that the focus on MechWarrior 5 will lead to MWO moving to the Unreal engine?

God, yes...

#43 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 08:57 AM

This all better lead to something good. Otherwise my wallet is closed due to the attitude of development toward MWO.

#44 DisasterTheory

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:22 AM

Posted Image
  • Bolt-On and Weapon Door shadows have been removed due to these shadows not animating along with the 'Mech.
  • The Solaris Watch List is now the top element in the Solaris Overview panel and it is set to open by default.
  • Fixed an art issue where the Summoner 'Mech's hip geometry were asymmetrical.
  • Fixed an art issue where the Kintaro 'Mech's start-up animation was too quick, causing issues in the end of the animation.
  • Scouting mode's Intel Collected displayed on the in-game HUD no longer resets to 0 when a player quits and re-joins the match.
  • 'Mechs no longer get stuck between a building and rail tracks in cell D4 of Solaris City.
  • 'Mechs no longer get stuck between a building and an elevated platform in cell D7 of Solaris City.
  • Added the proper missing quirk changes to the Bushwacker BSW-HR 'Mech.

No fix for the macro problem (most recent guass)... not even a game wide disable of macros. Because they cant do anything about it... EXPLOIT ON.

#45 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 09:43 AM

Pretty damn disappointing patch, pretty much nothing except those solaris city stuck things that requires anything else than changing a number in XML.

HMG ammo increase is welcome thou...

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 16 February 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

No fix for the macro problem (most recent guass)... not even a game wide disable of macros. Because they cant do anything about it... EXPLOIT ON.

There is no macro problem, not since they fixed Racro... What is this gauss macro that gives you huge advantages thing?

And how do you disable macros that are not run by MWO? You know pretty much EVERY gaming tagged mouse and keyboard has their own software that includes macro programming. Then there are external softwares like firecontrol.

but I would really like what kind of epic exploits you can do with macros?

#46 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:44 PM

Still no fix for that damn Timber Wolf (right) knee huh? Posted Image

#47 -Spectre

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 12:58 PM

Glowing eye bolt-on sale when?

#48 Big Jeka

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Zaporozhye

Posted 16 February 2019 - 01:30 PM

So what about new maps?

#49 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 16 February 2019 - 02:29 PM

View Posttee5, on 15 February 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

[/list]Where is the guy, who always posted the gifs with the not working shadows?

View PostJackal Noble, on 15 February 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

I think it's Rhialto? could be wrong but pretty sure it was him

View PostMonkey Lover, on 15 February 2019 - 05:40 PM, said:

Bolt-On and Weapon Door shadows have been removed due to these shadows not animating along with the 'Mech.

Rofl

View PostAntares102, on 15 February 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

I miss the guy who constantly complains about the shadows.
What was his name again? Rhialto?

View PostTELEFORCE, on 15 February 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

I really like how they deleted the shadows of bolt-ons and weapon doors instead of actually fixing them. Really classy, PGI.

Sorry for being late guys, I'm just coming back from Cuba, Mexico. All the family needed some sun induced vitamin D. We came back from airport at 4 am and decided to rush in the bed instead of going online to reply.

So you have it, this is where MWO is today, no more passion from devs. MW5 is the main focus.

Some of you will remember when the Jagermech had a shadow issue with the fins on the shoulders, it was fixed in a timely manner. Today they prefer to delete than fixing because MW5 takes all the ressources.

But you know what? I still prefer they removed it than doing nothing again and ignoring the problem. At least those broken shadows won't be distracting and that's a plus to me.

Why it took 2 years then so many very visible posts from me this last year to get this simple fix is beyond me.

#50 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:16 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 February 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

• Atlas - Glowing eyes

• Cyclops - Glowing eyes
  • Kodiak - Glowing eyes
  • Panther - Glowing eyes

• Piranha - Glowing eyes
Check out the new Glowing Eyes Bolt-On feature here!

Uhhhhh, Tina, you forgot the link that is supposed to be attached to the "here" part of that sentence.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 February 2019 - 04:42 PM, said:

'Mech Quirk changes
TNS-4P:
  • Mobility increased to similar levels of other higher mobility TNS variants.
    Design notes: Out of the Thanatos line, the 4P stood out as under-performing compared to other variants. We will be bringing its mobility up to match similar Thanatos variants.

In line with the hangover, the 4S, or something else? Both are faster variants but they don't have the same stats.

#51 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 16 February 2019 - 03:35 PM

View PostBLOODREDSINGLE, on 16 February 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

They already hotfixed the Racro/MG exploit, which apparently capitalized on the fact that the weapons lacked a proper cooldown setting. That came on the 4th.

Disabling macros in general is impossible without removing all user inputs from the game, the ability to play it, and the game client itself. The game even has a built in macro; it's called chain fire. Its script is to change to the next weapon 0.5 seconds after the last weapon fired or upon each click of the group's fire key.

So long as weapons are coded with proper cooldowns to prevent a "fire on button press any time you press button", Macros can't do anything better than regular firing and short of fails on PGI's end, a macro at best can reduce your firing rate to create cool beats.

https://mwomercs.com...019-at-2pm-pdt/

#52 Daggett

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 February 2019 - 05:45 PM

View PostRhialto, on 16 February 2019 - 02:29 PM, said:

Why it took 2 years then so many very visible posts from me this last year to get this simple fix is beyond me.

Probably because you were the only one caring about this issue. And since in most professional studios even very simple fixes require quite some overhead (e.g. testing/QA to ensure the fix did not break anything, merging the fix in source control, updating the task in project management software, updating changelog, ect.), those issues which only cause aesthetic problems for very few players are usually priotized extremely low.

Edited by Daggett, 16 February 2019 - 05:46 PM.

#53 admiralbenbow123

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 442 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 16 February 2019 - 10:26 PM

View PostUncle Totty, on 16 February 2019 - 12:44 PM, said:

Still no fix for that damn Timber Wolf (right) knee huh? Posted Image

What's wrong with it?

#54 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 February 2019 - 01:06 AM

Just caught up with the Feb. 19, 2019 Patch Notes... I can not see anything objectionable here. :mellow:

Huh... That's actually Good News! :)

Now, that said....... I hope at some point in the next few months that they do for the Mech Attachment Shadows (Weapon Doors, Bolt-Ons, etc.) what they were doing with the Glowing Eyes on the Atlas... In this case, creating a Proper Fix for the return of such visual features that helped with being immersed in the game. ^_^

However, Everyone... This goes to show what kind of time that PGI will honestly REALLY NEED to create anything reasonable, and get it PROPERLY put into the Live Server MWO Game Client for all of you. The question is, can you be more supportive (even if only mentally) in the meantime, and QUIT doing the stupid thing of trying to rush them so damned hard that they're constantly blowing things with Bugs and such? :blink:

~Mr. D. V. "probably the only person here who could point out such a devastatingly noteworthy thing" Devnull

#55 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 February 2019 - 02:09 AM

Our grandfathers always told that the anglicistic people were not so....accurate with saying the truth.

Maybe the world laughs about german charateristics like socks in sandals but 1 thing is safe:

WHEN WE PROMISE SOMETHING WE WILL KEEP THAT PROMISE !!!

Jesus ************* Christ!

#56 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:05 AM

Hmph... I forgot something earlier...

PGI, Thank You for Pre-Posting the Monthly Update Patch Download Links... It is extremely appreciated!!! :D

...and now that I've said it, pardon me while I move along. B)

~D. V. "sometimes I have to catch up with myself missing something" Devnull

#57 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 09:10 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 17 February 2019 - 02:09 AM, said:

WHEN WE PROMISE SOMETHING WE WILL KEEP THAT PROMISE !!!

Jesus ************* Christ!

You are so damn right!.

Just like finishing, building an Airport in a mannerly time!
https://en.wikipedia...denburg_Airport

Edited by tee5, 17 February 2019 - 11:08 AM.

#58 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:48 AM

View PostZookeeper Dan, on 16 February 2019 - 06:22 AM, said:

IMO, this has to be the way forward, I have a i7, 32GB's of RAM and a 1080 and this game struggles at 3440x1440 without AA.

If they could just at least hint at it, it'd put so many people's mind at rest. Then onwards, they can take their sweet time as long as we know this game will evolve we'd be a lot happier.

Honesty and transparency is the best way to keep a gaming community going.

#59 Dran Dragore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Force Commander
  • Force Commander
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 10:57 AM

View PostJoe Decker, on 15 February 2019 - 08:01 PM, said:

I am wondering if we will ever get a new map. I cannot even remember when we got the last new map.

*cough, cough* we will get the new "old" Maps. Its because ... ah, just watch the official videos to this issue they brought out after the disapointing Mechcon why its so difficult to build new maps. I wished they bring 1-2 (new!) Maps in the year like it is sure they bring 1 new Mech in the month. But who am i asking as a customer for more than moneybringing mechs.

#60 Uncle Totty

• The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,556 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSomewhere in the ARDC (Ark-Royal Defense Cordon)

Posted 17 February 2019 - 12:03 PM

View Postadmiralbenbow123, on 16 February 2019 - 10:26 PM, said:

What's wrong with it?

It's pushed in and offset. (How do people not see this?)

1. How it is.

2. How it should be.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Uncle Totty, 17 February 2019 - 12:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users