Warhammer Iic Mech Challenges Event

26 replies to this topic

#21 SLUGOTHA

• Pip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:15 PM

So far, I'm loving all the MWH-IIC Variants except the LB 20X looks like LB 5X's when installed. Oh, and I also went with the ATM 12 for the Bludgeon with SPL 's and ERLL's.

#22 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 21 February 2019 - 12:26 PM

Didn't want to invest much on clan stuff, so the engine had to stay.
Had the ppcs and erml switch places, removed the atm, changed the spl to an erll and finally added a laser ams, some armor and dhs.

#23 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:44 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 21 February 2019 - 12:26 PM, said:

Didn't want to invest much on clan stuff, so the engine had to stay.
Had the ppcs and erml switch places, removed the atm, changed the spl to an erll and finally added a laser ams, some armor and dhs.

I'm guessing you're talking about the WHM-IIC-BL... But, how many Heat Sinks does it take to keep that build running cool?!?!? I fail to see it not overheating easily. Or does an '80 to 90' Ping for me just block my ability to manage Heat properly on my Mech? :(

~D. V. "can not properly see such a WHM-IIC-BL build in my head managing to work out" Devnull

#24 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 02:51 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 February 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

I'm guessing you're talking about the WHM-IIC-BL... But, how many Heat Sinks does it take to keep that build running cool?!?!? I fail to see it not overheating easily. Or does an '80 to 90' Ping for me just block my ability to manage Heat properly on my Mech? Posted Image

~D. V. "can not properly see such a WHM-IIC-BL build in my head managing to work out" Devnull

As with most mechs using a laser ams, you have to watch your heat. The ERLL is usually used for long range poking with minimal exposure. If you can use the other weapons, use those.

#25 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:52 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 22 February 2019 - 02:51 AM, said:

As with most mechs using a laser ams, you have to watch your heat. The ERLL is usually used for long range poking with minimal exposure. If you can use the other weapons, use those.

Okay... So it boils down to positioning and patience... Got it... I think. :wacko:

I still wonder... How many Heat Sinks beyond the Engine's does it take for that build to work with your playstyle? :o

~D. V. "trying to better understand what helps underneath to make the design work" Devnull

#26 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 22 February 2019 - 03:26 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 February 2019 - 04:52 AM, said:

Okay... So it boils down to positioning and patience... Got it... I think. Posted Image

I still wonder... How many Heat Sinks beyond the Engine's does it take for that build to work with your playstyle? Posted Image

~D. V. "trying to better understand what helps underneath to make the design work" Devnull

It has 22 DHS total, obviously including the engine ones. On hot maps I have to switch off the AMS in actual fights, i.e. when not doing long range poking.

#27 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 07:33 PM

A heads-up for PGI ---

As of posting this, I've completed the only Challenge which I can do on this Event about two days ago. That one happens to be the Challenge for the "WarHammer IIC 'Bludgeon' Hero", designated as "WHM-IIC-BL" on your roster. Thanks for the One Million (C-Bills) which you gave from that Challenge, as I'll probably end up putting it to use, if I haven't already. :)

On other unfortunate notes, I've determined the WHM-IIC-BL Mech to be Severely UnderPowered on it's current Quirks and HardPoints, and it will sadly be collecting dust on my shelf this time. If you're willing to add a Ballistic HardPoint, PLEASE put it on the Left Torso as to fight against the current "Nascar Trend" that is ruining the game. If you're unwilling to add that, then I would hope you can provide Additional Quirks in order to make the Mech feel a lot less like easily-torn paper. Even the allowance of an Extra JumpJet or two (or perhaps another Missile HardPoint on the Left Torso), would help the Mech get out of being lacking in capability. Anywho, I apologize for seeming somehow unthankful for the Mech when I don't intend that impression, as I really am glad to have earned it. I do hope however that the Feedback which I'm providing on this Holiday Bonus Gift Mech will be of some use in Future Balance Passes upon the Mech and how it fits within the greater scope of the game. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Happy to have been able to participate in the WHM-IIC Mech Event" Devnull

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users