Fix Drop Locations In Frozen City - Domination

11 replies to this topic

#1 Robinson Crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:22 PM

Am I the only one who hates this combination? It seems to me that there is a clear winning team and losing team.Posted Image

If you drop on the team with Charlie lance on on one side of the valley and the rest on the other then the odds of losing in Frozen City - Domination are extraordinarily high. The slow assaults can't join with the rest of the team, while the rest usually split up between those trying to go to the F7 fight like it were a skirmish and those who go down into the circle with some vague hope of linking with Charlie lance. Meanwhile the other team can easily group up, take the high ground near F7 and destroy those in the circle.

The degree of co-operation to prevent this is just very rare in quick play.Posted Image The only solution I can think of is to either drop Charlie with the others, or at the very least to exchange the positions of Charlie and Alpha lances on the naturally losing team. Then the fight would develop in the same area as it does in skirmish, with the added interest of the domination circle off to the side.

Are there better solutions?

#2 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:33 PM

moving and shooting at the same time shooting more of the enemy than they shoot you. Teamwork in solo q is rarer than a gold unicorn with a rainbow horn.

#3 InfinityBall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 405 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:01 PM

I was in one of these today, and it was ridiculous how long it took Charlie to get to the battle. But at least it wasn't one of those where we lost because no one went to the circle

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 09:29 PM

Personally I just think they need to remove the domination mode from Frozen City all together. I don't think I have ever had what I would call a fun match playing that mode on this map. Win or lose it is usually just frustration mode.

#5 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:58 PM

Forget the spawns... what they need to move is the cap circle. Being the poor bugger who's first in is all but a guaranteed death sentence on that map. More often than not, nobody else wants to join you in the bowl, so you just end up hiding behind what little cover you've got until a sniper or missileboat gets an angle and drives you out or wipes you.

Cap needs to be moved to either the dropship (aka the center of old Frozen) or somewhere upalong the main F-line run. Spawns can then be adjusted around the new cap. Right smack in the middle of the trench is just bad placement- as bad as on Grim before the cap there was shifted up between the buildings on the plateau. Nobody enjoys being the one in the bowl.

#6 Maddermax

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 393 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 01:31 AM

View PostWrathOfDeadguy, on 23 February 2019 - 10:58 PM, said:

Forget the spawns... what they need to move is the cap circle. Being the poor bugger who's first in is all but a guaranteed death sentence on that map. More often than not, nobody else wants to join you in the bowl, so you just end up hiding behind what little cover you've got until a sniper or missileboat gets an angle and drives you out or wipes you.

Cap needs to be moved to either the dropship (aka the center of old Frozen) or somewhere upalong the main F-line run. Spawns can then be adjusted around the new cap. Right smack in the middle of the trench is just bad placement- as bad as on Grim before the cap there was shifted up between the buildings on the plateau. Nobody enjoys being the one in the bowl.

The circle dynamic is also what makes it different though. It’s the one domination match where taking the circle is often a bad idea but it’s also possible to be locked out of the circle if you leave it too long. I mean, most maps the pee stain means nothing except a mark to touch early for bragging rights, while it keeps the fights in the area it usually happens in anyway. Domination on Frozen though is a big choice between taking the circle, and shooting those who do, it means a real possibility of winning by scenario at times.

It brings a different dynamic is what I’m saying. Certainly, the drop points are an issue though, but I wonder what the official stats are for each side winning, and whether there is a significant advantage in win percentage to the side dropping together or whether it just feels like it.

#7 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 24 February 2019 - 12:48 PM

It's not one sided.

It's just a case of MANY players do not know how to play the game. They just rotate becuase they have about 4 braincells. Thus one side rotates into a low ground/open area and gets mauled. If just 3 players used basic semblance of intellect and did not rotate - the 'far' side is easily controllable, even in a brawler.

Anyway Old Frozen is coming back and, given its a much better map, this new Frozen won't get voted much anymore.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 24 February 2019 - 12:49 PM.

#8 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 February 2019 - 05:20 PM

View PostAngel of Annihilation, on 23 February 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Personally I just think they need to remove the domination mode from Frozen City all together. I don't think I have ever had what I would call a fun match playing that mode on this map. Win or lose it is usually just frustration mode.

Much better than Assault on that map

#9 Wil McCullough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,482 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 06:26 PM

The team with charlie on the opposite side gets an alpha lance spawn that allows a light to sit on the bridge in nearly complete cover while still being in the circle. That can buy enough time for bravo to link up with charlie and murderball the **** out of the high ground.

As a bonus, you can also peek out of a small slit on the bridge, which means you can scout the enemy's movements a bit.

#10 Robinson Crusher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 February 2019 - 09:51 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 24 February 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

It's not one sided.

It's just a case of MANY players do not know how to play the game. They just rotate becuase they have about 4 braincells. Thus one side rotates into a low ground/open area and gets mauled. If just 3 players used basic semblance of intellect and did not rotate - the 'far' side is easily controllable, even in a brawler.

Anyway Old Frozen is coming back and, given its a much better map, this new Frozen won't get voted much anymore.

Old Frozen is coming back? Are you saying they are both going to be available? That's interesting, but this one still needs a fix. Nascar addicts are a reality whether the rest of us like it or not.

#11 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 24 February 2019 - 10:02 PM

I actually really like that map and mode combination, Frozen generally seems good at encouraging all sorts of play and the different modes create different hot spots. Domination is especially fun, because both sides play chicken with just how much they want the centre. You get a fair bit of ranged and brawling play at different stages of the fight.

#12 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 February 2019 - 12:18 AM

I think Charlie lances should be dropped right into the circle, like 200m apart from each other ... No problem with nobody getting the circle, no problem with assaults hiding/being too slow to a fight. As a side effect it'll decrease the amount of ****** , er, I mean people, who bring LRMs on assaults.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users