Mwo Comp Try Hard Sale And Event Updated!

83 replies to this topic

#41 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 February 2019 - 05:10 AM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 27 February 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Done the event. What am I going to do for the next few days now? Posted Image

Excuse me, but HOW did you rip through "7500 Match Score" so damned fast?!?!? One would/should normally need a MINIMUM of 10 Hours of In-Game Battles at around 100 to 300 Match Score on average. That's anywhere from 25 to 75 games, and the devastatingly selfish Team Behavior which I've been seeing these days would actively prevent consistent 300 (or more) Match Score runs from battles. If anything, I think that PGI's Events Team has set up a very proper amount of time for everyone. Heck, if you're really somehow already done with ALL 12 Challenges, try changing your playstyle to help others get done quickly. See how long it takes you on a Self-Challenge to totally saturate the Player Base with people who got the Event done, if you're honestly in need of something to do. :huh:

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 27 February 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Please implement real daily missions like other games so people have incentives to login and play a game or two at least every day.

They currently don't have a system coded properly to do that, and they would pretty much have to imitate either "Fortnite" or "Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3" in order to do it. (Or if they want to spring the really surprise ones, "Destiny 2" would be an example to possibly base a design from.) Any current provision of Daily Challenges can not currently be held on delay for a player's return, should Real Life force them into not being able to come and play. This has resulted in the current system receiving far too many complaints when PGI's attempt at Dailies are launched, thus causing a repeated lengthening of time allocated for a Daily Challenge to be done. It ends up making them have to run Overlapped at a level of 3 (or more) Days Each, launching a day after each other, and can still result in people being salty over timing blocking them from attempting it. :(

Frankly, having typed this post out and losing a fair part of it due to the Forum Software randomly logging me out, I've been getting this odd impression. Maybe you're due for trying out Competitive Queue in order to take things up a notch or two, when it comes back online in a few months? Otherwise, you seem to me like you may have reached a level when you can relax back on MWO, and enjoy more from Real Life (or any one of several other options) at the same time. :wacko:

~D. V. "having just suffered their original thoughts being wiped partly out by MWO's Forum Logon Failures" Devnull

#42 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:08 AM

Pfft, DV, slow your roll...pretty sure Tele is full of crap. Played more than a few matches with them on either side last night, and I'd be shocked, humbled and blown away if they really did finish the event. I know of one or two players that could, if they felt like it, and Tele is not one of them, especially not with the performances I saw. This is not to shame Tele....they brought it up, I'm just stating it's extremely unlikely they're not lying.

(btw, it's the victories, components and kills that would make this impossible, if nothing else. No way to do that in a 4-5 hour period without the most insane combination of luck and skill in MWO...)

EDIT: I just checked, and I completed a 3rd of the event with little effort and very few matches, but I still stand by the components/victories/kmdds and also the assists as requiring more luck than even skill to have achieved that in 5ish hours. When most people are playing like idiots at the moment, victories and assists are something that no level of skill can produce. Well, personal skill...team skill is another variable. Also would like to clarify that I wasn't attacking you Telemachus- I'm an extremely average player myself, so my doubt does not equate to throwing stones, just an observation. More power to you if you did somehow actually accomplish this feat.

Edited by Kodyn, 28 February 2019 - 09:16 AM.

#43 Chaplin

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 08:19 AM

I want to watch the tournament on Twitch and I live in PST. Does that mean the tournament is 4:00pm on Sunday rather than Monday?

Also...mech bay sale?! Yes! I need to get on that as I have a long list of mechs to pick up in this sale it seems. I am considering (and roughly this order):

Huntsman Pakhet
IV Four
Bushwhacker High Roller
Cyclops Sleipnir
Urban mech K-9
Hellfire Void
Blood Asp A
Pir-2
Hunchback IIC
Artic Wolf ACW-1
Warhawk Prime
Artic Cheetah Shard
Wolfhound Wlf-2
Pir-1
Direwolf UV
maybe Orion IIC

I have a ton of MC built up from Elite Founder all the way through MW5 ultimate pre-order. Unfortunately, as most of my play time is the pre-skill tree era, I don't have a lot of variety for mechs since I mostly have 3 to 7 variants of a few mechs (Jenner, Locust, Couger, Uziel, Warhammer, Marader, Madcat II, Atlas, and a few scattered Loyalty mechs). I did pick up a 2 Mad Dogs, 2 Hellbringers, 1 Zeus, and 1 Vindicator in a recent sale. I want to continue to broaden my collection and expand into Clan since I am so IS heavy. Jenners seem really bad nowadays. So my light and medium mechs are pretty lacking especially since most of mine are the slow and fragile Uziels and Cougars. Any further suggestions?

#44 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:15 AM

Thanks PGI! Hope you are getting greater numbers with this generosity.

Now we just need to turn the grind dial down. I got lots of mechs and don't care if a new MW catches up quickly.

#45 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:34 AM

@D V Devnull: Some people can pull crazy high scores... I just saw someone do 1032 MS in QP, 1900+ (I think it was 1932) damage, 4 kills, 6 assists and he was still up when the match ended, while I pulled a paltry 62 damage from 9 assists.

#46 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:19 AM

PGI, thanks for putting Mech Bays half off. I just bought 15 more, which makes me more likely to buy more MC's for more heroes in the future. ;)

#47 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 28 February 2019 - 12:25 PM

I would not mind if they offered a discount on bolt on items for these Mechs as well, for those who want them. Still the rewards of C-Bills are nice. Perhaps I can afford a bear skin rug for my cockpit now. Just kidding, Mechs don't have rugs.

Have you hugged your Mech today?

#48 Lawrence Frans

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 01:35 PM

View PostERescue, on 28 February 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

@D V Devnull: Some people can pull crazy high scores... I just saw someone do 1032 MS in QP, 1900+ (I think it was 1932) damage, 4 kills, 6 assists and he was still up when the match ended, while I pulled a paltry 62 damage from 9 assists.

can agree to this

so far 4+ hours, myself, but I can't carry the team to a win, so them Victories may take a few days .
if I continue with what I am doing, should just take a couple more hours to be done, just not able to figure in the Victories.
for some players I can see them completing within 4 hours of game play.
I am thinking 6-8 hours of Game play to complete the challenge, so for some (w/play time constricted) that could be every day needed in the challenge time frame,
and
What's great about this Challenge, and I like it, as you progress, so does the rewards, by just playing the game, you're not focused on some requirement as in weapon type, or Mech. Basically, the more you play = bigger the rewards

something like this as a 3 day mid week weekly would be awesome

personal note, I need to stop aiming at the CT, getting way way behind on Destroying components

#49 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:16 PM

View PostChaplin, on 28 February 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

I want to watch the tournament on Twitch and I live in PST. Does that mean the tournament is 4:00pm on Sunday rather than Monday?

Hello Mate, MOR goes for 5 to 7 weeks.

We will be posting live streams to Reddit, Discord and MWO Comp subforum.

There will be games in your timezone :)

#50 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:46 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 28 February 2019 - 05:10 AM, said:

Excuse me, but HOW did you rip through "7500 Match Score" so damned fast?!?!?

I wish there was a way to just show my matches, but I guess I do damage? I happened to finish all the wins in QP just as I managed to get all the components destroyed and KMDDs. The match score and damage weren't an issue. Think it took all of 4-5 hours?

They currently don't have a system coded properly to do that, and they would pretty much have to imitate either "Fortnite" or "Call Of Duty: Black Ops 3" in order to do it. Posted Image

I know. This makes me VERY sad. Even games like Paladins has a fantastic daily system. Hell, just do it how Hearthstone does it with 3 rolling missions where you get one a day and can delete one a day. I posted elsewhere that they should actually program it in and put daily/weekly/monthly objectives into the roadmap...

Otherwise, you seem to me like you may have reached a level when you can relax back on MWO, and enjoy more from Real Life (or any one of several other options) at the same time. Posted Image

Maybe you're due for trying out Competitive Queue in order to take things up a notch or two, when it comes back online in a few months?

LOL WHAT IS REAL LIFE (Kidding)?? I don't do comp because it actually requires me to schedule/commit to game time and real life gets in the way for me to have any structured game time. I LOVE MWO/Battletech (this is my first introduction to battletech) but the lack of any real objective(s) -in terms of dailies, faction play, or rolling achievements etc- in this game to log in consistently/daily/longterm frustrates me. I don't need to really level mechs anymore...

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 28 February 2019 - 04:55 PM.

#51 Deeber

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 90 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:05 AM

To those who've been asking about the Huntsman Pakhet: if you enjoy SRM splat or poptarting SRM splat, this one's for you. If you're coming to mediums from the heavier side, this will probably feel like a faster, more agile Catapult, with the nice high missile mounts, but without the same degree of vulnerability (of those mounts). If you're coming to mediums from the lighter side, this will probably feel like a slower but only slightly less agile Jenner IIC; it'll also be tankier ... and not that much bigger. Posted Image

#52 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 06:52 AM

Been loving all the events, and particularly like generic ones. I gotta ask though... why just 500 GXP?

#53 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:27 AM

View Postarcana75, on 01 March 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

Been loving all the events, and particularly like generic ones. I gotta ask though... why just 500 GXP?

Because 200MC

#54 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 01 March 2019 - 12:06 PM

View Postarcana75, on 01 March 2019 - 06:52 AM, said:

Well, my guess would be they either don't actually play their own game or just use the thousands of HSP/GSP given to them and thus don't know that you don't even get a single skill point for these paltry 500 GXP.

#55 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 01 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 01 March 2019 - 12:06 PM, said:

Well, my guess would be they either don't actually play their own game or just use the thousands of HSP/GSP given to them and thus don't know that you don't even get a single skill point for these paltry 500 GXP.

It should definately be 5,000GXP - dosnt instantly complete anything but its still enough to give you a nice foothold on a new mech or polish off one you have been working on.

#56 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:35 PM

Love these events, please keep them going. Dont care what is up for offer. The option to do missions helps motivate me play.

#57 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 07:16 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 01 March 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

It should definately be 5,000GXP - dosnt instantly complete anything but its still enough to give you a nice foothold on a new mech or polish off one you have been working on.

Indeed. 5000GXP would make more sense. Or even just 800GXP.

#58 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 02:31 AM

fresh off the Bludgeon whining, what are people complaining about now? It's 500GXP AND 200 BLOODY MC. I don't give a **** about the GXP.

Whine more please, then PGI will stop giving out free mechs and MCs for events. Then maybe people will be happy

#59 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 02 March 2019 - 05:16 AM

View Postarcana75, on 01 March 2019 - 07:16 PM, said:

Indeed. 5000GXP would make more sense. Or even just 800GXP.

at least 800 would make sense

#60 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 02 March 2019 - 07:56 AM

View PostImperialKnight, on 02 March 2019 - 02:31 AM, said:

I don't give a **** about the GXP.

Now imagine (dont hurt yourself though) if the rewards were inverted and it was 10,000gxp and 20mc.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users