Mwo Comp Try Hard Sale And Event Updated!

83 replies to this topic

#61 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 10:50 AM

Yeah, don't care much about the GXP. Though slow, it can be earned just by playing the game.

This was a very good event giving measurable amounts of c-bills and MC, standard challenges (no weapon or class requirements) with enough days to complete them all.

All we needed to do was to play for a relative amount of time. The mech bay sale and awesome collection of mechs on discount came to match perfectly. Thank you very much.

Since events are currently weekly or one after the other, now everyone should or could get something anytime !

#62 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 02 March 2019 - 01:45 PM

Got all of mine done. :) That was fun. Lots of C-Bills, and I appreciate the GXP and MC. I used my new Direwolf Ultraviolet for a lot of it, trying to skill it up, which racked up the kills and destroyed components pretty effectively.

#63 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:13 PM

Job done. Phew! Enjoyed that. :)

#64 Mechwarrior8605092

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 08:21 AM

Good try but...no.

#65 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 03 March 2019 - 09:11 AM

Still 16 kills to go but not stressed out. Funny how the Assault numbers sored up. Posted Image

#66 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 03:33 PM

the event felt a tad generic, tbh.

while I applaud the generic approach, especially the 'any mode' thing (and thx for that :)), there are some things to consider (maybe change next time), imo.

-"get matchscore": done mainly by raw damageNUMBERS, it encourages the masses to take assaults or lurms even more. leads to very, very meh games.

-"get victories": totally okay and do-able in faction or solaris, it's a pain in the ar$e in QP, and totally not in the players control. guys that argue to "git gud" or "carry harder" obviously haven't seen the sheer amount of suicide yolos that somehow show up more and more. it is staggering and mindblowing how grown up folks can repeatedly do the _wrong_ stuff, right from the start.
we could argue for hours how to fix and change that, and in fact it's been done for years.
it just doesn't change. but at least get the victory-condition out of next events, pls. thx in advance. ;)

#67 Churzy

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 03:35 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 03 March 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

-"get victories": totally okay and do-able in faction or solaris, it's a pain in the ar$e in QP, and totally not in the players control. guys that argue to "git gud" or "carry harder" obviously haven't seen the sheer amount of suicide yolos that somehow show up more and more. it is staggering and mindblowing how grown up folks can repeatedly do the _wrong_ stuff, right from the start.
we could argue for hours how to fix and change that, and in fact it's been done for years.
it just doesn't change. but at least get the victory-condition out of next events, pls. thx in advance. Posted Image

Of course it isn't completely under your control (or anyone's, for that matter), but out of sheer probability, the "bad" team will sometimes be the opposing one. So eventually, you will end up winning a number of matches just by playing regularly (and I'm sure you've also experienced it empirically). Trust me, I'm bad, I would know!

I guess it effectively boils down to "Play 20 games" rather than "Get 10 victories", with the difference that making Victory a requisite sort of guarantees that people will at least try to play. It's enough of a YOLO/AFK fest with it, can't imagine how it'd be without! Posted Image

#68 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 04:00 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 03 March 2019 - 03:33 PM, said:

it just doesn't change. but at least get the victory-condition out of next events, pls. thx in advance. Posted Image

Well gotta say carry harder, if you are able to get those 100 kills/kmdd 20 victories should happen faster than those kills.

#69 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 04 March 2019 - 11:56 AM

Well, folks... I've come back to report that I'm having way worse mileage than normal. Had to lose Last Thursday to some Real Life Issues with family that exceeded my control, and what time I've had so far was loaded with bad rolls of the MatchMaker. Now I'm feeling like this Event needed at least 9 Days of time to run, if I was to have any chance at getting close to completing it. :(

I can only hope someone in PGI's Events Team sees this post and is willing to add another Day or 2 on this Event. How the heck was any reasonable fraction of the Community supposed to be able to average 14+ (or even 25+, seeing as I don't usually get weekends anymore) Kills and/or KMDD per Day? This Event seems at this point to me like it was custom-trimmed for ONLY those who are at the top of the Skill Ladder, the "Cream Of The Crop". I would have liked to think it was meant for more than them, and that Casual-Class Pilots could finish it as well? -_-

~Mr. D. V. "I guess at this rate, a lack of ability to progress will make me hang up my Pilot Helmet." Devnull

#70 HeavyHerbert

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 04 March 2019 - 12:43 PM

I won't get nowhere near the 100 kill/kmdd, but that's ok. It was fun.

Edited by HeavyHerbert, 04 March 2019 - 12:44 PM.

#71 MurghSharduk

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 30 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 03:25 AM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 01 March 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

It should definately be 5,000GXP - dosnt instantly complete anything but its still enough to give you a nice foothold on a new mech or polish off one you have been working on.

500 GXP is like getting 10.000 C-bills from Supply Box.

I play Pokemech instead of "Handfull of Clan metamechs", so GXP is always really welcome.

SO, how about that nice MC sale with GPX bonus to fully master one or more mechs?

I'd buy that for a dollar.

#72 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 05 March 2019 - 06:32 AM

I've finished it on my main account, now almost done on my Clan alt. 100 kills or KMDDs is the grindiest part, everything else just comes by naturally on your way there.

#73 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 05 March 2019 - 07:16 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 04 March 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

- snip -
How the heck was any reasonable fraction of the Community supposed to be able to average 14+ (or even 25+, seeing as I don't usually get weekends anymore) Kills and/or KMDD per Day? This Event seems at this point to me like it was custom-trimmed for ONLY those who are at the top of the Skill Ladder, the "Cream Of The Crop". I would have liked to think it was meant for more than them, and that Casual-Class Pilots could finish it as well? Posted Image
- snap-

Cheer up D V Devnull,11 of 12 ain't bad. Not every challenge is meant to be accomplished by everyone. Especially if the circumstances are not favourable.

I am certainly not a "Cream of the Crop" player ad had to bite my 50+ matches.

Next event will come soonish.

Edited by DeadWeight18, 05 March 2019 - 10:48 PM.

#74 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 12:22 AM

12m CBills and 800MC thanks PGI! So what's next in the horizon?

#75 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 March 2019 - 02:27 PM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 05 March 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

Cheer up D V Devnull,11 of 12 ain't bad. Not every challenge is meant to be accomplished by everyone. Especially if the circumstances are not favourable.

I am certainly not a "Cream of the Crop" player ad had to bite my 50+ matches.

Next event will come soonish.

Just an update... I managed to finish with a few hours to spare, but feel like my soul got shredded in the process, and I'm definitely massively depressed from the unnecessary amount of extra deaths that I took due to the MatchMaker putting me with people who are really Anti-Social/Anti-TeamWork for many of the Matches. Further, I've lost energy in places within my body that I didn't know existed, and lost sleep that I really should not have ended up losing. I hope they never ask for more than 80 Kills/KMDD in a 7-Day Period ever again, because I'm thoroughly way beyond drained. :unsure:

Heck, the next time that PGI's Events Team wants to go for ridiculous numbers, I just had an idea. They should ask for a "Combined Community Total" where it's like "Get 50000 Savior Kills across the Entire Player Base in total within 7 Days" and such, combined with a Reward of something like "1000 (MC) for every Pilot who contributed at least 25 Savior Kills to the Total" so that people don't just leech it from a single match. I think things like that in combination with certain other Event elements might finally cause people to operate more as a Team, and less as a bunch of 'One Man Army'-types who constantly screw each other over. Plus, if PGI's Events Team arranges it right, they could link it with an In-Game Tracker somehow, as to provide some Lesser Rewards to people who are working their way along it, like increasing amounts of (C-Bills) for every 5-or-so done. What do you think? :)

~Mr. D. V. "Trying to think of ways to end the Anti-Team Behaviors" Devnull

#76 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 06 March 2019 - 09:49 PM

Aaaand I'm already out of C-Bills again.

Side note: I don't understand how so many people can be critical of or complain about giveaways. These events are fantastic, and they're free.

#77 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 March 2019 - 02:27 PM, said:

I hope they never ask for more than 80 Kills/KMDD in a 7-Day Period ever again, because I'm thoroughly way beyond drained. Posted Image
Make it 50. The 100 took way more time than any other goal.

They should ask for a "Combined Community Total"
There was an event like that a while ago, so it's definitely possible.

#78 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 10:55 PM

So, some of us were not able to reach the login servers yesterday. Maybe we could get some time prolonging the event? Please?

#79 Sevronis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2021 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 216 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 March 2019 - 04:27 AM

Figures. Been waiting on a bolt-on sale, and I missed it. I really need to refresh the MWO page more often, especially weekends. Missed the event too, but I should've known better since there is usually one each weekend.

#80 Luckz

• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 16 posts

Posted 07 March 2019 - 05:48 AM

View PostSevronis, on 07 March 2019 - 04:27 AM, said:

Figures. Been waiting on a bolt-on sale, and I missed it. I really need to refresh the MWO page more often, especially weekends.

There were just ~4 bolt ons on sale, none of them useful for many mechs. At least they'd be hard to spot on the ones I own.
You only missed the 800 MC that required a lot of free time.

Great event, thanks. I certainly won't complain about having had to play "too many matches" - I like it.
Not sure if the amount of people who want to play each event on four accounts sequentially is big enough to warrant scaling down events.

Edited by Luckz, 07 March 2019 - 05:50 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users