10 replies to this topic

#1 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

Can PGI please pick up on some Free to Play industry standards and actually implement daily login rewards (that increase with consecutive daily logins), consecutive daily login rewards on a rolling monthly basis (24 our of 31 days?), and actual daily missions with various rewards? Even PHONE GAMES have these, along with many other Free to Play PC games. Why not MWO??

I honestly think that what this game needs is for people to actually login to the game. It's 2019 PGI. Please get with the times and implement things that are standard in pretty much every other Free to Play game for the sake of the player population. It's quite glaring and really disappointing that standard features like this aren't actually already implemented.

I believe Matt actually tried to do daily events for a while through event system, but honestly, instead of it having to be manually inputted (which is a pain I bet so thank you Matt), make it a randomly generated mission from a set group of missions for players, where they can bank say up to 3-5 dailies and delete one a day for a new random one (LIKE PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER FREE TO PLAY GAME).

For the monthly reward, have it so that at particular milestones of consecutive login days, players get significant rewards like premium time, a random decal, a random bolt-on, MC, etc. Say on login 6 12. 18, and 24 within a month. Pepper in some increasing CBill rewards, random weapons etc in between the significant milestone rewards.

Please try and research what other games are doing in terms of their daily and monthly login rewards and missions. The way the event system is right now, I can login on one day of the 5-7 days that the event is running, complete it all, and then log off for the rest of the time. There is no incentive for me to log in every day. Getting people to login, consistently, means more population, means more games for everyone, and I am sure means more sales for PGI.

Someone tweet this to Russ or something.

HOW ABOUT WE PUT THAT ON THE ROADMAP?

(I am sure I and others have made similar suggestions before)

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 26 February 2019 - 08:47 PM.

#2 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 February 2019 - 08:43 PM

Nope...

Loot is only to be had by grinding through wildly contorted and disjointed completionist event goals. Posted Image

In PGIs eyes logging-in is in and of itself is reward enough.

#3 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:03 PM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 26 February 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

Can PGI please pick up on some Free to Play industry standards and actually implement daily login rewards (that increase with consecutive daily logins), consecutive daily login rewards on a rolling monthly basis (24 our of 31 days?), and actual daily missions with various rewards? Even PHONE GAMES have these, along with many other Free to Play PC games. Why not MWO??

I honestly think that what this game needs is for people to actually login to the game. It's 2019 PGI. Please get with the times and implement things that are standard in pretty much every other Free to Play game for the sake of the player population. It's quite glaring and really disappointing that standard features like this aren't actually already implemented.

I believe Matt actually tried to do daily events for a while through event system, but honestly, instead of it having to be manually inputted (which is a pain I bet so thank you Matt), make it a randomly generated mission from a set group of missions for players, where they can bank say up to 3-5 dailies and delete one a day for a new random one (LIKE PRETTY MUCH EVERY OTHER FREE TO PLAY GAME).

For the monthly reward, have it so that at particular milestones of consecutive login days, players get significant rewards like premium time, a random decal, a random bolt-on, MC, etc. Say on login 6 12. 18, and 24 within a month. Pepper in some increasing CBill rewards, random weapons etc in between the significant milestone rewards.

Please try and research what other games are doing in terms of their daily and monthly login rewards and missions. The way the event system is right now, I can login on one day of the 5-7 days that the event is running, complete it all, and then log off for the rest of the time. There is no incentive for me to log in every day. Getting people to login, consistently, means more population, means more games for everyone, and I am sure means more sales for PGI.

Someone tweet this to Russ or something.

HOW ABOUT WE PUT THAT ON THE ROADMAP?

(I am sure I and others have made similar suggestions before)

They have daily events... so what you are asking is for them to pay you to play the game...because that would be the next step from where they currently are. *HUGE EYE ROLL*

#4 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:17 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 26 February 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

They have daily events... so what you are asking is for them to pay you to play the game...because that would be the next step from where they currently are. *HUGE EYE ROLL*

Have you logged into any other Free to Play FPS game recently? Played a decent phone game recently?

Yes, I am saying they should "pay" (to use your word) for people to play the game. What "pay" here means "entice", because NONE of these digital assets actually cost anything after development. What PGI is selling is the experience really, and if people aren't logging in, what is there to experience?

PGI should pay for people to get into the habit of logging into their game. Consistency is the key to habit building. Daily/Weekly/Monthly rewards and missions will entice people to login consistently and build that habit.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 26 February 2019 - 09:23 PM.

#5 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 February 2019 - 09:20 PM

View PostGeminiWolf, on 26 February 2019 - 09:03 PM, said:

*HUGE EYE ROLL*

To be fair OP is looking to more-so incentive repeat log-in & play and not so much reap reward... Not unreasonable considering the present active playerbase.

#6 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 01:52 AM

There are weekly specials and sales that run over the weekend. 2x bonus first win. Not sure I'd want much more.

#7 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 02:19 AM

If you're feeling like playing a game, but not this one specifically, and you see that there's a reward just for signing in... you'll probably just cash in the reward then go do something else.

If there's a reward for doing something in-game, then folks will run some drops for it, which means the game actually sees a population increase in live games instead of just some extra logins. MWO's event rewards incentivize actually playing the game to get the free stuff, which is what a game with MWO's population issues needs. Half of these goobers would just log for the stuff then go stroke their epeen in Generic Battle Royale #439 if that were an option.

I can't blame them, because there are times when I'd do the same thing (just... not with BRs. I'd go re-play Wolfenstein or Half-Life or something). But! Since I need to run up some damage with X, and then get some assists with Y, and then Do a Thing with Z... hell, that's three different 'Mechs I need to run right there! The game's now got me on the hook for about half an hour of play time, at least. And... well, as long as I'm already on a roll now, why not grab the 2x bonus on any 'Mechs I'm still skilling out? Three hours later, I'm feeling pretty good about things, sitting on a nice little pile of MC, some cockpit items, and a bunch of cbills. Then I check the events tab one last time and see that there's another one coming up tomorrow night, and- wouldn't you know it?- the MC I'll get from that will put me over the line for a camo I want!

So now I'm planning another night of MWO, when I could've been doing something else... all because I had to do more than just log in to get it. Otherwise, I'd just do the log-and-redeem dance until I had enough MC for whatever, then play for a while when I got it, and then leave again for a week or two. That might work for games with players to spare, but MWO can't afford to do that. This game needs to keep people coming back for more than just two minutes to grab the latest freebie. PGI needs to put butts in drops, and the current system accomplishes that better than login freebies would.

#8 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:51 AM

I actually kind of like being able to take a break from a game without missing out on daily rewards. Games that try to make you play too frequently can end up pushing too hard and just burning you out (i.e. I used to play Overwatch every week for the arcade loot boxes but eventually stopped playing the game outside of PvE events).

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

I think the best incentive...would be some maps... and to set it so that map choices (edit: during voting) are either all hot, all neutral, or all cold.
That way we can enjoy the variety, as any time there's a cold map no one wants to play anything else.

Edited by Koniving, 27 February 2019 - 10:55 AM.

#10 XDevilsChariotX

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 27 February 2019 - 10:55 AM

I'm actually getting tired of all the events recently.

#11 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 27 February 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostKoniving, on 27 February 2019 - 10:55 AM, said:

I think the best incentive...would be some maps... and to set it so that map choices (edit: during voting) are either all hot, all neutral, or all cold.
That way we can enjoy the variety, as any time there's a cold map no one wants to play anything else.

Still keeping that strawman going? The primary factor that people look for in maps is good visibility. The secondary factor is a decent terrain layout. Cold maps by coincidence tend to be good or at least decent in both areas. Meanwhile certain hot maps like Cancer Valley and Mordor are atrociously bad in both aspects.

Two hot maps that get picked often are Oasis and Tourmaline, and that's because they aren't objectively garbage like Cancer Valley and Mordor are. Also note the very popular neutral maps of Canyon, Mining, and Solaris City. That's not cold favoritism, that's good design favoritism.

Edited by FupDup, 27 February 2019 - 11:11 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users