SOLARIS

8 replies to this topic

#1 Venturestein

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 March 2019 - 10:14 AM

Hello so please bear with me. I have been jumping into the solaris just to get a feel for the dynamics and what its all about. I haven't really done any solaris dedicated builds so I wrote down a few of my opponents names because I was running my ANH 2a fully skilled survival and UC/RAC upgrades and they were burning through my mech like a knife through butter. I went to see if I could pull up stats, builds anything for their name and nothing.

Is there somewhere I can go to see what builds an opponent is using in solaris so I can counter/adapt it?

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 05 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

Each player has a Solaris Card that lists the player's most used mech in all divisions. The list updates at odd times, and players can edit their build before the update to post fake builds (Looking at you, Nightbird).

There are two ways to access a player's Solaris Card.

The first is through your friend's list. This of course requires the player to be on your friends list.

Posted Image

The second is through the leaderboards. If a player hasn't played enough matches to appear on the leaderboards, then you can't find them here. It's best to search for a player on the ALL leaderboard, as it has the easiest requirements (25 matches played across all divisions).

There's also a little detail where you can't look up a player card while searching by name, you have to flip through the leaderboard pages manually to the player's placement.

Posted Image

Once you're viewing a Solaris Card, you can select any division you wish to view.

Posted Image

#3 Venturestein

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 01:56 PM

Ok Thanks. I will definitely take a look. Just trying to get an idea of ammo ratios and stuff like that. I need to sit down and watch an hours worth of matches at some point to get an idea of how long you need to reasonably plan to be alive/take someone down.

#4 VigorousApathy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 130 posts
  • LocationI have no idea. Im getting sky high in a spider 5v.

Posted 08 March 2019 - 11:42 AM

View PostStahlkoenig, on 06 March 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

Ok Thanks. I will definitely take a look. Just trying to get an idea of ammo ratios and stuff like that. I need to sit down and watch an hours worth of matches at some point to get an idea of how long you need to reasonably plan to be alive/take someone down.

This depends on your ability to aim.
My personal regimen for Solaris ammo builds involves;

1. Depending on division I'll expect to need 200-450 dmg for a kill. This number may be different for you depending on your ability to focus components.
2. I then calculate how much damage each ton of ammo gets with 100% accuracy.
3. Next, I'll try to bring about 150%-170% of the ammo for the expected damage requirement due to missed shots and landmass hitboxes. This number you will figure out through experience, you can even do it in quickplay. Just bring a low amount of ammo to a couple matches (make sure to use all of it) and see what damage you end up with vs. What the damage would've been with 100% accuracy.
4. Profit.

#5 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:21 PM

View PostStahlkoenig, on 06 March 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

https://www.twitch.tv/dionnsai

I stream nearly 100% of my solaris matches daily. Feel free to watch my matches, steal my builds and even snipe me.

Edited by Dionnsai, 08 March 2019 - 12:23 PM.

#6 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:11 AM

I am being baited, streamers say this then rage when some of us do that!

#7 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 06:48 AM

View PostLurm God, on 12 March 2019 - 04:11 AM, said:

I am being baited, streamers say this then rage when some of us do that!

Well fighting against him sure but if someone is watching the stream to get insight WHILE fighting.... that's a **** move.

#8 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 10:51 AM

Almost everyone is dropping srm brawl right now...insight isn't really a part of the equation at the moment, just firepower, armor and who twists better...

The only exceptions are the few chucklebums who drop ATM mechs and kite you around for 10 minutes...

#9 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:56 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 12 March 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

Almost everyone is dropping srm brawl right now...insight isn't really a part of the equation at the moment, just firepower, armor and who twists better...

The only exceptions are the few chucklebums who drop ATM mechs and kite you around for 10 minutes...

I mean if you want I can drop dakka brawl and do the same

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users