Warrior Spirit Dervish Pre-Order Is Here.

110 replies to this topic

#101 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 02:36 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 09 March 2019 - 06:28 AM, said:

You made a bet that the next mech would be a IS omni? Ha, really like those long odds eh? Like, the horse is dead long odds.

Not only that. Seeing how PGI accurately chose some of the worst FCCW-era Mechs possible (Hellspawn, Cougar etc.), we probably would have gotten trash like the Avatar or the Owens instead of gems like the Raptor or the Men Shen...

#102 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 06 March 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

And CASE... clan mechs don't have to have that mentioned in the specs because its an automatic built in with all clan mechs. Also anyone who actually knows the battletech game already knows what every mech is (other than the PGI originals) without needing to be told.

sry i have a life

#103 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:19 PM

View PostFLG 01, on 09 March 2019 - 02:36 PM, said:

Not only that. Seeing how PGI accurately chose some of the worst FCCW-era Mechs possible (Hellspawn, Cougar etc.), we probably would have gotten trash like the Avatar or the Owens instead of gems like the Raptor or the Men Shen...

PGI pandering to MW4 fanboy screaming for MW4 'Mechs as if they were some huge untapped vein of interest is what got us Hellspawn, Cougar and Thantos.

#104 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 March 2019 - 03:33 PM

View PostCycKath, on 09 March 2019 - 03:19 PM, said:

PGI pandering to MW4 fanboy screaming for MW4 'Mechs as if they were some huge untapped vein of interest is what got us Hellspawn, Cougar and Thantos.

Oh, I know. And I remember all of it. How 'iconic' they supposedly were, how 'great' they'd be in MWO, and so on. Also, I remember how quickly they vanished from the game. That's why I made the comment.
I am still somehwat salty about it all because it ruined what could have been a string of great, fun Mechs. So we are left with a number of Mechs which are neither fun for anyone in game nor represent the FCCW-era well - and era which furthermore has been effectively abandoned by now.

And I am afraid if PGI were to release IS Omnis - they won't, but let's entertain the thought - that they would once more pick 'popular' Mechs instead of Mechs people can actually enjoy in game.

#105 colt

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 09 March 2019 - 06:15 PM

View PostTetsujin, on 06 March 2019 - 11:11 AM, said:

[ ] Scorpion
... oops

I'd really like to see that in the game. However i don't think the modelers are clever enough to do a Quad.
They'd have figure out how get around fact you can't turn torso with quad.

#106 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:24 PM

That's a nice mech you have there.
Would be a shame if no one bought it.

#107 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,184 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 09 March 2019 - 07:41 PM

Hammer, it's gonna be bought, if by no one else than the BattleTech guys.

and two reasons the Dervish came out. One, it's in the correct timeline for MW5 (which starts in the early 3000s), and Two, Pirahna and HBS still have that art-sharing agreement mech wise for the BattleTech game

#108 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 09 March 2019 - 08:17 PM

Make no mistake.
I love it.
I wish the art was closer to the cardboard token.
It just feels.
Too little too late.

View PostArkhangel, on 09 March 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

Hammer, it's gonna be bought, if by no one else than the BattleTech guys.

and two reasons the Dervish came out. One, it's in the correct timeline for MW5 (which starts in the early 3000s), and Two, Pirahna and HBS still have that art-sharing agreement mech wise for the BattleTech game

#109 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 10:21 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 March 2019 - 10:34 AM, said:

Mech Pack Sales Man
*Slaps Dervish
"you can fit so many LRMS in it"

I think a bigger point of interest for me, is will it STILL have the missile doors?
I'm fine with fewer tubes (in fact, I've found that with rocket launchers the fewer tubes you have, the BETTER off you are as anything not yet fired is saved to be fired again..and again..and again in some cases.)
Plus the damage resistance of doors help make a mech tanky when they are closed as well as a fun dynamic for opening them.

(Vindicator would have really benefitted from a door...and Centurion misses it.)

#110 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 10 March 2019 - 11:43 PM

LRMS? The hero looks like it might be a possibility for a srm4 carrier, do i want to go that far in terms of cash.....

i hate missile doors because i'm a snap firer and need to be able to shoot the volley and turn, so they'll be open anyways.

#111 tingod

• PipPipPip
  • Leutnant-General
  • Leutnant-General
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:24 AM

View Postcolt, on 09 March 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

I'd really like to see that in the game. However i don't think the modelers are clever enough to do a Quad.
They'd have figure out how get around fact you can't turn torso with quad.
some quads have towers that are rotatable, you could adjust the cockpit view.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users