Next Patch, How You Starting To Feel?

31 replies to this topic

#21 Weeny Machine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 08 March 2019 - 05:47 AM

View PostRacerxintegra2k, on 07 March 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

Ive built 4 mechs with double AMS that can still hopefully put up a competitive fight. If 2 AMS isn't enough to stop the constant *INCOMING MISSILES* barrage of ATM poptarts and LRM taters, this may be it for me. so sick of the constant balance shifts, this is turning into a job.

You do it wrong. Play also LRM boats. If the game gets flooded with the crap, maybe...just maybe...PGI will see what is right for once (emphasis on: MAYBE)

Edited by Bush Hopper, 08 March 2019 - 05:47 AM.

#22 VulcanXIV

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 06:11 AM

View PostBush Hopper, on 08 March 2019 - 05:47 AM, said:

You do it wrong. Play also LRM boats. If the game gets flooded with the crap, maybe...just maybe...PGI will see what is right for once (emphasis on: MAYBE)

You should just play what you love. Besides, the truth is actually counter-intuitive to what you're suggesting. If a weapon system becomes so obscenely effective that it leads to just 1 or 2 players polarizing 90% of everybody else in every game they're in...then that's more likely to reflect on the population numbers on PGI's end...and as we all know, PGI is relatively good at tweaking or responding to things purely reaction to database numbers--to a fault even.

Edited by VulcanXIV, 08 March 2019 - 07:08 AM.

#23 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:02 AM

Ive built 4 mechs with double AMS that can still hopefully put up a competitive fight. If 2 AMS isn't enough to stop the constant *INCOMING MISSILES* barrage of ATM poptarts and LRM taters, this may be it for me. so sick of the constant balance shifts, this is turning into a job.

I expect we will see billions of Nova-S :P

#24 Ruccus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bloodlust
  • The Bloodlust
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:20 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 08 March 2019 - 07:02 AM, said:

I expect we will see billions of Nova-S :P

I think I'll be skilling up my quad AMS, dual gauss Corsair. The dual gauss can also be swapped out for an AC10 and 2 AC5s or dual UAC10s (each with 4xML secondary weaponry).

#25 CygnusX7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:25 AM

What perfect timing.. Corsair with quad ams.

#26 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:17 AM

View PostCurccu, on 08 March 2019 - 03:14 AM, said:

Are you saying they aren't now?

Not saying they arnt now, just saying its gonna get worse.

#27 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:21 AM

I feel the same way. Every few months I have to re-build have my entire mech stable due to the balancing changes. It a constant merry-go-round. One month ER MLs are great and I buy a bunch of ER ML, then they decide to make them hotter than hell and give them and exceptionally long cooldown so back to standard MLs or over to MPLs I go. Then next month they feel inferno hot isn't enough for Clan mechs and make them run even hotter so I here I am again swaping out weapons and changing up my builds. The next month ACs are the target and now all of sudden UACs jam so much they aren't worth using. The next month, the have increase the heat and beam duration of Heavy lasers so have to strip the out to go back to LPLs. Then they add in the ST heat spike to LFEs so I rebuild yet again either trying to fit standard engines in or going "hell with it" and dropping in XLs since there isn't much difference between and XL and LFE from a survivability standpoint. Of course with every change there is a huge risk that the mechs I love and enjoy playing become total dogcrap not to mention all the mechs I have spent real money on, rusting away because the changes scewed then over in some way, form or fashion due to the constant and continual changes. Blah I am so sick of it.

#28 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 08 March 2019 - 09:31 AM

Shhh I've seen the "internal balance notes" it's all just a ploy to sell that pir with 4 ams, the Jester with 2 ams and more k-foxes.

#29 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 08 March 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Shhh I've seen the "internal balance notes" it's all just a ploy to sell that pir with 4 ams, the Jester with 2 ams and more k-foxes.

Thanks for reminding me that I have a lot of MCs and no Jester. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 08 March 2019 - 02:47 PM.

#30 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 08 March 2019 - 02:43 PM

View PostMystere, on 08 March 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

That's for reminding me that I have a lot of MCs and no Jester. Posted Image

No problem. I have jester. It is a fun laser mech. Only able to mount two jump jets so if you're use to four or more it kind of sucks there. I usually run 2 larges and mls with ams and lfe. I forgot which skill trees I put points into. Snubs ppcs in the side torso are light mech level or swaped out for lpls are great take-that to lights and meds. Catapults with full survival and mobility are great as my c1 and c4 both mirror those trees.

#31 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 08 March 2019 - 07:08 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 08 March 2019 - 02:43 PM, said:

No problem. I have jester. It is a fun laser mech. Only able to mount two jump jets so if you're use to four or more it kind of sucks there. I usually run 2 larges and mls with ams and lfe. I forgot which skill trees I put points into. Snubs ppcs in the side torso are light mech level or swaped out for lpls are great take-that to lights and meds. Catapults with full survival and mobility are great as my c1 and c4 both mirror those trees.

My own Jester build is 2 LL, 4 ERML, 18 DHS, STD300, and 2 AMS with 2 tons of ammo.

#32 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,074 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 08:51 PM

free corsair hero fills a hole in my hero mech lineup. with the sale on now i picked up 2 more, now i just need an is 75 tonner to go on sale.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users