Delete This Map

14 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 March 2019 - 07:34 AM

It's so unbalanced, team which spawns on the platform side ALWAYS loses unless the foe is made out of <20% potatoes who play without hands;
-Hold top, get lrmed and flanked->LOSE
-Push tunnel, get ambushed and flanked->LOSE
-Take island, good luck with the people who didn't bring erppc and er larges->LOSE
-Push saddle, possibly reverses roles if the enemy doesn't hold the high ground near north tunnel entrance->POSSIBLY WIN
-Push to lower, also best option resulting in a brawl->POSSIBLY WIN
-Don't move out of spawn, pinnacle of map design but sadly this is the most effective way to play the map->POSSIBLY WIN

...Meanwhile the enemy can do pretty much any of these maneuvers reversed and still come on top. East sides only losing strat is saddle push.

TLDR East has much more viable approaching options while west is stuck with a few which don't even quarantee a win if left unchecked... [Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 17 March 2019 - 05:56 PM.
griefing

#2 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 11 March 2019 - 10:39 AM

That's your feeling but for exemple in invasion/domination mod, platform side has the aventage

Edited by KhanBhacKeD, 11 March 2019 - 10:39 AM.

#3 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 11 March 2019 - 09:10 PM

its not the Map ..its the stubborn new Player Field thats to stupid to play with MWO..Assaults thats push trough the Tunnel and stop in it by first Enemy Fire and Blocked the Full team, Players thats walk to the Ridge and dies by one, while blocked and fight by the smallest Place.

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 11 March 2019 - 09:12 PM.

#4 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 12 March 2019 - 12:01 AM

That's why TIER system is a lie.
T1 complain about map.
Never had this problem with this map.
Map is never a problem. Problem are players who don't understand how to play on each map.
But wait you have T1 and you should know how to play or i'm wrong?

#5 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:42 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 11 March 2019 - 09:10 PM, said:

its the stubborn new Player

Honestly, i don't see too many new or younger players. Judging from coms, it's like 50% old guys with old guys understanding of videogames.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 12 March 2019 - 03:48 AM.

#6 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:32 PM

View PostMichal R, on 12 March 2019 - 12:01 AM, said:

That's why TIER system is a lie.
T1 complain about map.
Never had this problem with this map.
Map is never a problem. Problem are players who don't understand how to play on each map.
But wait you have T1 and you should know how to play or i'm wrong?

Tier system is a lie yes, but yikes at that survival rate

#7 Lurm God

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 09:57 AM

You know we won the match you dcd from right. Pretty comfortably too like 12 - 2 lol.

#8 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 17 March 2019 - 04:44 PM

I like the map and dont find one side much better than the other, to me their pretty much the same

#9 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 March 2019 - 03:11 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 12 March 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

Honestly, i don't see too many new or younger players. Judging from coms, it's like 50% old guys with old guys understanding of videogames.

most the new Players not BT fans thats visit a Mechcon ..thats more the Field of Stream players thats try out the Mecha Botgame end never heard from BT or MW before...or all Military Units have only old Guys ,while by Veteran events only+50 Guys XD

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 18 March 2019 - 03:13 AM.

#10 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

Just came here to update that I still hate this map but I think i've found a new #1 to hate, old frozen still as awful as it used to be, good luck if u spawn on the north spawn in the trench and LOL at the moderator

Edited by I O O percent KongLord, 01 April 2019 - 09:36 AM.

#11 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 01:06 PM

the biggest problem with crimson is that the tunnel is only wide enough for two mechs side by side, yet a large part of the population that goes into the tunnel behind the first two seem to think they can shoot at the enemy mechs and don't care if they do friendly fire or not. This is one reason why I feel that ff should be turned off, especially since there are those out there who seem to enjoy doing tk'ing just because they can... and that is a truly sad thing for the state of the game.

#12 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 09:44 PM

Is that the tunnels fault

Maybe the population is to blame

or more specifically the upward bias match maker due to 6 ways to increase PSR and only 2 ways to decrease PSR, mixing people who should not be in the same game.

Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 05 April 2019 - 09:47 PM.

#13 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:25 AM

Oh look. Another map we need to "remove". That makes... just about every map in the game we should have removed.

BUT WAIT! We also need more maps... so how do we get more maps when we remove everything already here?

Seriously. I think I've now seen a "remove this map" for every map in the game now.

#14 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:29 AM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 05 April 2019 - 09:44 PM, said:

Posted Image

Still say, 200-250 should be "no change" if not even 150-250. As I was playing more with the recent event, I was discovering that 200ish was more or less a "normal" performance, and there shouldn't be movement upwards for "normal" performance.

Otherwise. Yes. I wish PGI would implement a system closer resembling the left column.

#15 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 08 April 2019 - 01:31 AM

Match score thresholds can be tuned
But the fundamental fault, 6 ways to increase PSR two ways to decrease PSR needs to be removed.
If it was equal say, four ways to increase and decrease that would fix the upward bias which is my main issue with MM at present.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users