#101 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:29 PM

View PostCyanogene, on 20 March 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

Dude, all this software by evga and similar stuff is your typical clutterware. If you want to monitor anything in your PC there are only 2 reliable programs - AIDA64 and GPU-Z (which is conveniently integrated into Furmark). Get yourself a synthetic stress test because it will show exactly how your GPU acts under major loads which only few games provide. You can play Apex for half a year probably and your GPU won't even reach top temps, because this crap can run on a potato.

Here'a my GPUZ. I don't care to run synthetics for stress testing since they're not actual "real life" applications, I usually do them if I'm stability testing, which I don't need to for the laptop since I'm not attempting to push it to it's max limit. The use of synthetic benchmarking vs actual applicable benchmarking has been debated since reviews have existed, which is why most hardware reviews do both. I have no need to run a synthetic benchmark since I don't need to compare this to anything else. The only thing I need to show is can this laptop do what I say it does, which is maintain 2Ghz boost within the temperature range that I listed while playing games (real games, not synthetic stress test). which it does.

Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous, 20 March 2019 - 02:34 PM.

#102 2DaT

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

Hmm. Better use an OSD tool and monitor values ingame. Maximum core clock of 2Ghz does not mean that it's actually maintained in game for extended periods of time.

#103 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:49 PM

View Post2DaT, on 20 March 2019 - 02:45 PM, said:

Hmm. Better use an OSD tool and monitor values ingame. Maximum core clock of 2Ghz does not mean that it's actually maintained in game for extended periods of time.

This particular GTX 1070 chip typically maintains between 1995-2050ghz, as long as it's actually under load. Ironically, it will downclock itself in MWO down to like 1600-1700 even though it's the least graphically intensive game. I can turn on OSD in EVGA precision X, or alternatively use MSI afterburner. My desktop 1070 chip starts to artifact around the 2012mhz mark, so I keep max clocks around 1980something, despite temps being good (like mid 60's)

Edited by Vxheous, 20 March 2019 - 02:52 PM.

#104 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 20 March 2019 - 02:58 PM

LOL. 12hrs and 2 more pages added.

Dude, all this software by evga and similar stuff is your typical clutterware.

EVGA and MSI clocking software is what the entire overclocking community uses as the standard these days.

You've officially confirmed now you have no idea what you're talking about.

All you do is keep moving the goalpost to try and justify your argument Cyanogene/2Dat. Ok - we get it - you don't like gaming laptops... That's all it is, you've been proven to be a bit, uneducated, time to move on.

The ONLY downside that I've ever seen on the gaming laptop front (compared to a normal laptop) is sometimes the warranties are less. 1yr vs 2/3yr etc. That might simply be a Aussie thing and may have changed in the last couple years as I haven't updated my own lappie for a while.

View PostVxheous, on 20 March 2019 - 06:50 AM, said:

Now, my MSi GE-73 Raider weighs 6lb, and is quite comfortable to transport in a shoulder laptop bag.

My trusty work laptop, which I carry daily (Lenovo T510, amazing for work) weighs that much lol.
I don't even notice it.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 20 March 2019 - 03:01 PM.

#105 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 20 March 2019 - 05:50 PM

Dude, all this software by evga and similar stuff is your typical clutterware. If you want to monitor anything in your PC there are only 2 reliable programs - AIDA64 and GPU-Z (which is conveniently integrated into Furmark). Get yourself a synthetic stress test because it will show exactly how your GPU acts under major loads which only few games provide. You can play Apex for half a year probably and your GPU won't even reach top temps, because this crap can run on a potato.

Just admit you were wrong about his laptop. You've moved the goalposts to another stadium at this point.

#106 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 21 March 2019 - 07:58 PM

This is MWO on my MSI that I recommended at max settings after about 4 and a half hours.
Spoiler

And in the time it took to upload that to imgur and make this post, both GPU and CPU are already back down to 65 just from not actively rendering MWO. This is without overclocking and on one of the default power plans.

Edited by Athom83, 21 March 2019 - 07:59 PM.

#107 2DaT

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 March 2019 - 10:48 PM

View PostAthom83, on 21 March 2019 - 07:58 PM, said:

This is MWO on my MSI that I recommended at max settings after about 4 and a half hours.
Spoiler

And in the time it took to upload that to imgur and make this post, both GPU and CPU are already back down to 65 just from not actively rendering MWO. This is without overclocking and on one of the default power plans.

MWO is hardly a heavy load. It does bottleneck on CPU single core speed. Heck, I've got playable (though low) fps on my trash tier work laptop with Radeon 7670M DDR3!!! 2 gb vram.

Edited by 2DaT, 21 March 2019 - 10:53 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users