Connection Loss

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guffrus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:51 AM

Ive posted before so I dont hold out any hope of you actually listening and doing the right thing but here goes anyway..

Stop dropping people to login when they lose thier internet connection, its totally unnecessary and increases the amount of idle mechs in matches.

Keep players in the damn match and let them fix their connection and carry on, its not rocket science.

Guffrus

#2 KursedVixen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:03 AM

And stop penalizing us for your game crashing.

#3 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:23 PM

I'll SUPPORT this. I have been personally short-changed during many matches by Teammates losing their connection, resulting in unfair match losses that should never have happened. :mellow:

~D. V. "agrees that the internet should not be able to disrupt your MWO connection" Devnull

#4 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 15 March 2019 - 03:56 PM

I made the suggestion before of "If you're in a match" (since it should be able to tell, since you just logged back in,) skip the loading mechbay and advertisement that take so long to load and just give a dialog - "You are showing as being in (mech) in an active match. Would you like to reconnect?" (YES/no) so we can hop right back in.

Possibly with an indicator of if you're still alive. Which, if we can reconnect faster, we have a better chance of being. (Though somehow I managed to get a kill assist today while getting disconnected and killed...)

#5 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 15 March 2019 - 08:38 PM

View PostBlacksheep One, on 15 March 2019 - 03:56 PM, said:

I made the suggestion before of "If you're in a match" (since it should be able to tell, since you just logged back in,) skip the loading mechbay and advertisement that take so long to load and just give a dialog - "You are showing as being in (mech) in an active match. Would you like to reconnect?" (YES/no) so we can hop right back in.

Possibly with an indicator of if you're still alive. Which, if we can reconnect faster, we have a better chance of being. (Though somehow I managed to get a kill assist today while getting disconnected and killed...)
I'm willing to bet a light mech from the enemy team ran into you and was later killed. or maybe it was a legged mech with a cherry red leg that rammed into you and died.... I've been teamkilled by an ally backing into my Direwolf which had a cherry red center torso internals and no armor.

Edited by KursedVixen, 15 March 2019 - 08:39 PM.

#6 Guffrus

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 02:07 AM

There is no requirement for the software to exit from the match at all.

No loading of any kind is required.

You should just be able to fix your connect and continue to play as though nothing had happened.

This programming error.

The developer has deliberately chosen to dump the client to login after packet loss.

Its pure garbage.

#7 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 01 April 2019 - 06:24 PM

No, that's not a programming error or garbage.. You've got a broken connection between the client and the server. Given you have items people have paid actual money for, forcing a reauthentication after some time being disconnected is not an "error" but fairly common sense and simple security. It's the mess after the reconnect, waiting for the advertising and rendering of "stuff" that's slowing down getting back to the game that we'd like to see trimmed down.

Honestly, there's a lot of "intro" that I'd love to see trimmed down - and every game is guilty of it. I don't care if nVidia is "the way it's meant to be played," or that it uses Cryengine. All these little animations (which I'm typically clicking like crazy during to convince it to skip,) then you hit the login page (itself fairly simple and fast,) then you hit the game "loading" its advertisement for events and news and whatnot, then the mechbay screen - let me skip the logos, and once logged in the game should know I'm "in a match" and let me jump right to it instead of "loading" more stuff.

Edited by Blacksheep One, 01 April 2019 - 06:28 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users