Extremely High Lag And Teleporting, But Low Ping?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 22 March 2019 - 01:57 PM

Anyone seen this? Bad guy teleporting all over the place but both players are sub-75ms. I've had it happen three times today in the factory...haven't seen it anywhere else.

#2 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 23 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

well there was a response here yesterday but now it's gone...regardless:

Open up your task manager, select performance tab, click ethernet, and then play a game. If you notice rubberbanding, then tab back over to task manager and check your ethernet send/receive speed.

I had similar issues and noticed my wifi was zonking out under high load with other people in my house. Got a better router now.

No. Traffic is stable. Speedtest is stable. I've had a ping on mwo's server going and it's stable. But my ping is jumping to 1000~3000ms in the factory.

Edited by Makenzie71, 23 March 2019 - 01:54 PM.

#3 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:46 AM

saw one like that yesterday, euro player

#4 Soedrin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 68 posts
  • Locationbehind you...

Posted 30 March 2019 - 09:40 AM

View Postunknown, on 23 March 2019 - 01:53 PM, said:

... and noticed my wifi was .....

you play via wifi connection?

OP: i see this most often when on European servers...wish we could choose server group like QP.

#5 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:17 PM

Packet loss does not show up in a ping test.

Packet loss will cause teleporting no matter your ping.

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:12 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 March 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

Packet loss does not show up in a ping test.

Packet loss will cause teleporting no matter your ping.

I ran "ping -n 200 192.99.109.129" several times and got no packet loss. I have a -t ping test running in the background for the same IP (which I think is where the forum is hosted) and have a fairly consistent 50~70ms return with some occasional spikes but nothing crazy.

I'm thinking this issue is an ISP problem...I've got a real time monitor going and my speeds are varying wildly from 30mb down to .5mb at times. Speedtest and bandwidth place always gave me a pretty consistent result, and we're not having any trouble streaming or anything, but now that I'm watching it as I'm playing I'm seeing that my match issues are happening when my connection fluctuates.

Edited by Makenzie71, 31 March 2019 - 06:12 AM.

#7 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:50 AM

Apparently this applies to me as will. Not sure the reason but been accused with hackusations over it.

#8 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 31 March 2019 - 09:50 AM, said:

Apparently this applies to me as will. Not sure the reason but been accused with hackusations over it.

Quit playing mechwarrior on a commodore 64
Posted Image

#9 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 05:55 PM

Finally pinned it down...definitely ISP issue. ISP is claiming there's "interference" in the area causing customers here to have unstable connections (took a month to get this out of them). They have no idea when it will be fixed. They had something like this going on a couple years ago and it got to a point that I had to file a complaint with the FCC before I got any solid info out of them...so I've done that again.

Really screws with Solaris. I don't mind losing matches to people who outplay me, but it's a bit frustrating losing matches to potatoes because they're three seconds ahead of what I'm seeing.

#10 Soedrin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 68 posts
  • Locationbehind you...

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:01 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 07 April 2019 - 05:55 PM, said:

...definitely ISP issue. ISP is claiming there's "interference" in the area causing customers here to have unstable connections (took a month to get this out of them). They have no idea when it will be fixed. They had something like this going on a couple years ago and it got to a point that I had to file a complaint ..

Must be Comcrashed / Xfinicky.
Got thier fastest speed business line many years ago: 50Mb @ $150/month...in other PvP games my ping floated around 55-65ms
Over the course of seven years they kept upgrading the speed w/o me asking and still paid the $150month.

Last year i noticed my router was bottlenecking because my speed was at 300Mb (ping still around 55-65ms)...and router was designed for 150mb max

I had a couple beers...smerked a berl before heading into Xfinicky to see what routers they suggested.
When the indy indicated i was free to start thinking again i found myself with a reciept for 1Gb connection and a X1 modem/router.

Thinking i was in for some fast twitch-bang brawling i set everything up...and my 1Gb connection was peaking at 600Mb...with a 200ms ping to servers i was getting 65ms w/the 50Mb service.

After TWELVE calls (three ended w/Comcraps CSR hanging up on me when thier phones illogic processor caught fire) they finally send a guy out who simply swaps my modem for hte exact same model.
No fix.
Another five calls to get another guy out...who determines the wire from the pole is old and likely cracked.
He replaces it.
Tests show improvement...but not 1Gb over 50Mb improvements.
Then he replaces all the interior wiring...more improvemnts.
Still at 100ms and only 850Mb from my 1Gb connection.

I tried to get my 50Mb service back "we dont offer that to a residential house anymore"
I tried to downgrade to a more stable service but they were worse.

Now i am looking at Frontier/Verizon or CenturyLink with hopes of getting my latency back down to undetectable levels

#11 Michal R

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 428 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 April 2019 - 09:05 AM

Solaris is unplayable. standard ping 40, in Solaris 1000!
But wait there is similar thing with servers in QP but Perfect Game Industry do nothing...like f.... always.
GG

#12 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 18 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

Routing packets and server priority. Look it up. Kinda sucks but that tends to happen in a uninvested game mode.

#13 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 04:43 AM

My issue is pretty decidedly ISP related, I think. When my ping is nuts and my connection is dropping it's not isolated to MWO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users