Option To Select Several Division For Mm

27 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 04:25 AM

How about haveing a MM search option that lets you specify what divisions you want to have a match in like for example say: "MM look in division 2-5 for a match."

- Bonus if you could give preferances to each division.
- Bonus for a simple overview how many players are online in general

Should make MM a lot faster.

[old stuff you don't have to read, just here for completion]
Something I would like to see in solaris is a menu where we have a list of all players who are currently in solaris mode. Not only the ones looking for a match but everyone that is in the solaris selection screen, match, mechlab...whatever solaris.

The overview should show the score of that player and their most played mech and an invite button.
Pressing the invite button would open a small window where you can select a division you want to play in or a range of divisions and then send the invite to the other player. Informing him/her about the invite and what division you want to play in.
Then can then select one of the division you offered and you two can start a match. No further waiting times.

Edited by Nesutizale, 23 March 2019 - 09:30 AM.

#2 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:39 AM

Duel request only going to make it easier for the people farming rewards on themself (playing more than one account at a time) off peak time, allowing them to bypass the queue entirely and ensuring they will never have to face another player.

Players online function just means no one is going to queue up any time they see someone in the top 10 or anyone who regularly beats them is in Solaris.

Solaris scoring needs to in some way be accumulative with better in-season rewards to put a greater emphasis on getting in there and playing lots of matches.

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 23 March 2019 - 09:26 AM

"Curse you people and your second accounts. Third one is okay."

On a more seriouse note, yes I keep totaly forgetting about people and second, third and so on accounts. So no invites Posted Image
It could still make sense, without the invite and ranking, to see all people who are currently online in Solaris as you could predict much faster if you will find a match at all or not.

I mean currently I am hopping from division to division, trying to find someone who is looking for a game. If I would at least know, from the overview how many people are online, I would at least try to start a MM by blind luck instead of hopping around, maybe missing someone because they are also hopping around and so there will be no match at all.

Also I would then like to have a MM option that I can say what division the MM should look for a match....like MM look in division 2-5 for a match.

#4 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 23 March 2019 - 08:29 PM

I don't think you should be able to queue up for multiple divisions...that's going to screw with the matchmaker, which is already pretty taxed as it is.

You should be able to see the waiting queue in each division while queued yourself, though. There's should be a queue list below each division tag. If you're the only person queued in your division, but there's half a dozen in another, you should be able to see that. That way you'll know if you want to jump queues or not. It will actually increase game play.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 03:28 AM

You mean like an overview of all queues at once instead of jumping around? Makes sense. I would add all the people who are generaly online in Solaris to this because you can get the impression that no one wants to fight because people are in the mechlab or looking up statistics at that moment. They all wouldn't show in just a queued list even if they are there.

If I know that there are people who are in the mechlab or looking at the leaderbord I would still queue up because I can aspect that they are done with the other stuff at some point and will look for a match themself.
With just "who is looking for a match right now"....I might see an empty list and leave again.

#6 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 24 March 2019 - 04:51 AM

That would basically be a "who's online right now" count and it wouldn't be helpful. For example, it would have said I was in the lobby for the last eight hours while I was in bed asleep.

#7 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 05:45 AM

Add the number of people queued in each division to each mech card on the bottom.

#8 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 09:26 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 24 March 2019 - 04:51 AM, said:

That would basically be a "who's online right now" count and it wouldn't be helpful. For example, it would have said I was in the lobby for the last eight hours while I was in bed asleep.

Solaris seams to be a seperate thing for counting people and stuff. You have a complete different interface, buckets/divisions and lots more. So I would guess there is a way to recognize who is online in MWO and who is currently in Solaris mode.

Also I would say the number of people who don't logout for the entire day should be small. If there isn't an automatic logout after a certain time. I have never tried to see if there is as I see it as a waist of time but most online games have something like that.
If not you would be right but that could also be solved by haveing a timer/warning that a person has beein idle for an hour or more. That should give you a hint on how likely it is for that person to do something.

#9 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 10:22 AM

I would be against a "who is in solaris" specifically, would make it too easy to pick on specific people or avoid certain people...

#10 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

Well number of people would be enough. Something that tells us that there are people we can play with instead of guessing or jumping around division in the hope that at the exact moment I take a look someone is in the queue.

#11 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:37 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 24 March 2019 - 10:22 AM, said:

I would be against a "who is in solaris" specifically, would make it too easy to pick on specific people or avoid certain people...

I've done this.

The OutreachHPG Discord contains like half of Solaris 7's population. I've seen players announce that they're playing in a division, so I avoid that division because I know their skill or mech would leave mine in ruins.

#12 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:44 PM

I just add them as friends so I can see if they're deployed or not and subscribe to their twitch feeds.

#13 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 01:53 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 24 March 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

I just add them as friends so I can see if they're deployed or not and subscribe to their twitch feeds.

yeah, I don't mind that personally, otherwise I wouldn't stream my games, but some people might not like it

#14 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 24 March 2019 - 02:33 PM

You know what would be cool for Solaris, ELO decay for players that stop playing in the top 10 retired on their laurels.
;)

#15 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 04:06 PM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 24 March 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

You know what would be cool for Solaris, ELO decay for players that stop playing in the top 10 retired on their laurels.
Posted Image

Right, so everyone only taking matches during the last week/few days of the season.

#16 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:34 PM

Not if the decay was a slow one. People will still play heavily the first week or two and last couple like always, the decay would just stop someone who is miles above the others from sitting up there while those before continue to fight only each other or non-elo gaining matches against puglets.

#17 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:41 PM

Since the idea is to encourage people to play more maybe it would be a better idea to ditch the first 10 bonus.

#18 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 25 March 2019 - 05:57 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 25 March 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

Since the idea is to encourage people to play more maybe it would be a better idea to ditch the first 10 bonus.

I would play a billion more Solaris if it was removed.

#19 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 06:20 PM

I can’t tell enough by how you typed that to know if you”re being serious or not, but i know that removing the first 10 bonus wouldn’t affect how many I play...hell if i’d have stopped 25 matches in i’d be on the front page in every division but 7. As it is i drop over a thousand matches per season.

I do think it would definitely encourage the 25-and-gone players to keep at it and keep the population stirred up.

Edited by Makenzie71, 25 March 2019 - 06:21 PM.

#20 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 26 March 2019 - 01:52 AM

I'd be fine with that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users