Stealth Armor And Hiding

59 replies to this topic

#1 DjStickyMouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:01 AM

Is there a reason why its ok for a light mech to HIDE ALL GAME.... NOT PARTICIPATE AT ALL.... then when they are the last Mech left alive because they didn't do anything but hide all game....

It is some how perfectly ok for them to continue to leave stealth active, run and hide for the last 10 minutes of the game?

Why am I the ******* for not appreciating that type of behavior?

Suddenly Im the toxic one for calling out that piss poor behavior.... yeah ok

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:04 AM

Yeah the reason is skirmish is a bad gamemode.

#3 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:16 AM

Stealth mechs are meant for scouting and quick ambush hit and run tactics. They don't disappate hear well at all when their stealth is active so running in and slugging it out is a bad idea if they pack a punch. They're best for spotting and harrassing to create chaos in enemy backfields.

Not every mech is designed to go out and score 1000 damage a game.

#4 DjStickyMouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:19 AM

View PostIhlrath, on 25 March 2019 - 10:16 AM, said:

Stealth mechs are meant for scouting and quick ambush hit and run tactics. They don't disappate hear well at all when their stealth is active so running in and slugging it out is a bad idea if they pack a punch. They're best for spotting and harrassing to create chaos in enemy backfields.

Not every mech is designed to go out and score 1000 damage a game.

I totally understand that... but when the score is 4-11 and the stealth mech is the last alive with 10 mins left on the board.... why is it ok for them to waste the rest of our time?

YES YES I can always pick another mech and play another match... but when I'm working on a new mech or a new playstyle with a certain mech because of hard points or something like that..... I dont want to wait all day just because the lightmech wants to save his KDR

#5 Ihlrath

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:23 AM

I play a stealth locust pirates bane quite a bit. If I'm the last one or two standing I won't go off and hide somewhere so I can understand frustration with that. I will try my best to keep fighting if it's incursion, either by hit and run or dancing around between enemies to try and get them to accidentally leg one another trying to shoot me. (Which has happened twice now and usually gets a lot of laughs/whooping from teamates spectating) Or I'll try to keep capping if it's Conquest or whatever objectives can lead to a win.

But I won't just run off and hide. That's lame.

#6 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

View PostDjStickyMouse, on 25 March 2019 - 10:19 AM, said:

I totally understand that... but when the score is 4-11 and the stealth mech is the last alive with 10 mins left on the board.... why is it ok for them to waste the rest of our time?

YES YES I can always pick another mech and play another match... but when I'm working on a new mech or a new playstyle with a certain mech because of hard points or something like that..... I dont want to wait all day just because the lightmech wants to save his KDR

It might not be about saving one's KDR. It could be as simple as making you earn the last kill the hard way.

Should the player just suicide into your formation, so you can pad your KDR instead? (See what I did there? Posted Image)

Just bite the bullet and drop in another Mech. You did voluntarily sign up for a potentially 10-minute fight.

Edited by Mystere, 25 March 2019 - 10:26 AM.

#7 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

View PostKhobai, on 25 March 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

Skirmish needs to be removed as a game mode.

People argue that every mode devolves into skirmish anyway so why have a mode that is exclusively it.

#8 Darian DelFord

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:26 AM

View PostKhobai, on 25 March 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

This I disagree with completely. The gamemode itself is great, its some of the players that exploit it that makes for a bad gaming experience.

Simply put, I do no like domination, conquest or assault, as it forces you to go to a specific area. As a light mech, I survive on unpredictability. I abhor domination for this reason, it forces me to have to stay in that damned circle if i want to win. So if I have 2-3 mechs left there is not a whole lot I can do about it, as they know roughly where I will be coming from.

View PostDjStickyMouse, on 25 March 2019 - 10:01 AM, said:

Is there a reason why its ok for a light mech to HIDE ALL GAME.... NOT PARTICIPATE AT ALL.... then when they are the last Mech left alive because they didn't do anything but hide all game....

It is some how perfectly ok for them to continue to leave stealth active, run and hide for the last 10 minutes of the game?

Why am I the ******* for not appreciating that type of behavior?

Suddenly Im the toxic one for calling out that piss poor behavior.... yeah ok

Report them is the best I can give you. I do not like this behaviour either, and it is by no means limited to light mechs. Now what I will do is spend a few minutes and let the mechs try to spread apart so I can have an easier time of trying to take them out. but all in all, just report them.

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

People argue that every mode devolves into skirmish anyway so why have a mode that is exclusively it.

See above post

Edited by Darian DelFord, 25 March 2019 - 10:27 AM.

#9 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:28 AM

I dont want to wait all day just because the lightmech wants to save his KDR

Unless your team went down faster than a Clanner on a first date you're waiting 5 minutes tops. Go make yourself a cup of tea or something.

#10 DjStickyMouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:29 AM

View PostMystere, on 25 March 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

It might not be about saving one's KDR. It could be as simple as making you earn the last kill the hard way.

Should the player just suicide into your formation, so you can pad your KDR instead? (See what I did there? Posted Image)

Just bite the bullet and drop in another Mech. You did voluntarily sign up for a potentially 10-minute fight.

Or they could just admit the game is lost take the death and save 23 other people the time watching them run away..... its stupid.

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2019 - 10:28 AM, said:

Unless your team went down faster than a Clanner on a first date you're waiting 5 minutes tops. Go make yourself a cup of tea or something.

thats exactly the problem

#11 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

Prior to the introduction of the game mode, people were warned about players potentially hiding till the very end. But a lot of very cocky folks either said it won't happen much or they would just go out and hunt them down. They eventually cried on the forums about the very thing they were warned about. <shrugs>

#12 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,061 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:30 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 March 2019 - 06:44 AM.
griefing issue

#13 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:31 AM

View PostDjStickyMouse, on 25 March 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

Or they could just admit the game is lost take the death and save 23 other people the time watching them run away..... its stupid.

No one is under any obligation whatsoever to offer themselves on a silver platter.

Edited by Mystere, 25 March 2019 - 10:32 AM.

#14 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:35 AM

View PostMystere, on 25 March 2019 - 10:31 AM, said:

No one is under any obligation whatsoever to offer themselves on a silver platter.

I've taken to hitting override and shooting at the enemy till I pop, when I type "KILL: DENIED!" in the chat you wouldn't believe the amount of salt it generates. It's like they're upset they didn't get an easy kill with which to pad their stats.

#15 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:38 AM

Submit matchID to PGI.

Failure to engage is against CoC. We recently had this drama when a whole team ran from another in FP for 25 minutes. It was made P.clear that everyone has to do everything possible to win that match the moment they click the play button.

#16 DjStickyMouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:54 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

I've taken to hitting override and shooting at the enemy till I pop, when I type "KILL: DENIED!" in the chat you wouldn't believe the amount of salt it generates. It's like they're upset they didn't get an easy kill with which to pad their stats.

Thats amazing. Im going to start doing that instead of going into the 4 on 1 slugfest and taking the death

#17 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,072 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:56 AM

The time of a light mech using actual tactics and constant repositioning in qp to get more kills and maybe win a match 1 vs the rest of the enemy is long gone. The few real light mech pilots in qp able to pull that off are bitched at and bird called out by the adhd/cod/fornite crowd so they can no longer fight as a true light mech pilot of old would to win or die trying to win that qp match.

#18 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:58 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 25 March 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

Submit matchID to PGI.

It won't do anything other than give PGI staff more unnecessary work to do, especially if ...

View PostPrototelis, on 25 March 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

Failure to engage is against CoC. We recently had this drama when a whole team ran from another in FP for 25 minutes. It was made P.clear that everyone has to do everything possible to win that match the moment they click the play button.

If a player was involved in the initial fight (and had kills to boot), did said player really fail to engage? (rhetorical question)

Here is a tip for everyone complaining. It is entirely in the realm of the possible that said player was stalking you the whole time but was unable to find a good opportunity to strike. I mean, if you were unable to completely detect them, what makes you 1000% certain there were not doing anything?

View PostVonBruinwald, on 25 March 2019 - 10:35 AM, said:

Which just goes to show that a lot of times people are complaining because they were denied a kill they wanted delivered via a silver platter. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 25 March 2019 - 11:02 AM.

#19 DjStickyMouse

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:01 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 25 March 2019 - 10:56 AM, said:

The time of a light mech using actual tactics and constant repositioning in qp to get more kills and maybe win a match 1 vs the rest of the enemy is long gone. The few real light mech pilots in qp able to pull that off are bitched at and bird called out by the adhd/cod/fornite crowd so they can no longer fight as a true light mech pilot of old would to win or die trying to win that qp match.

??? I don't know what you're talking about. I still run into some very nasty light pilots. Im no where near as good as i once was with my spider or TDK but I never have any issues when i decide to run them and get nasty.

#20 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:04 AM

For the former; The GMs absolutely do follow up on emailed moderation reports. Its how we are getting people playing multiple accounts against themself in Solaris banned.

For the Latter; which is why you submit a match ID. The GMs can access a lot more data than we have available through the public API and make that determination.

Note that OP claims the user in question did not engage at all during the game, this is a clear violation of CoC.

I'm not agreeing with or supporting him (not enough evidence), just forwarding him to proper channels.

Edited by Prototelis, 25 March 2019 - 11:05 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users