Streamers Play Solaris?

11 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 29 March 2019 - 06:10 AM

What are the chances some of you cool streamers would drop more Solaris and kill stuff 1v1 style or even 2v2 with community teams?

Would be cool and add to the quick dropping of Solaris. Lots of cbills and people would learn how to pilot a little better watching.

#2 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 March 2019 - 04:13 PM

Problem is - it's just boring to stream and watch for viewers.

I tried early on even while the queues were busy & was just a waste of time.

#3 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:23 AM

That may be true for some like yourself, but I think the other problem is, it's a pretty tough ego hit for the more mid-skilled guys. It's 1v1, there's no blaming the pugs when you lose, you have to eat it and like it, all while smiling for the camera.

That said, it may be more entertaining to watch those guys.

Watching Ash will probably just be watching Ash win 999 out of 1000 matches.

Watching Moadebe or Nuttyrat win/lose about 50% of their matches would probably be more entertaining in reality since you can't predetermine the outcomes.

Edited by Dionnsai, 30 March 2019 - 07:25 AM.

#4 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 07:40 AM

Well I haven't heard of Sean Lang, Baradul, or TTB doing any Solaris either. They are popular streamers as well.

#5 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 March 2019 - 03:21 PM

Well yeah you can't hide behind the 'oh the team' or anything and it literally shows your skill.

Nutty does Solaris sometimes near end of his streams. I know RQsDevine does sometimes but as soon as any good players are in the queue they rage and stop playing it.

So yeah I just can't see anyone really streaming it regularly. I mean Dio does but that's about it.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 30 March 2019 - 03:21 PM.

#6 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 30 March 2019 - 11:13 PM

I generally do Solaris off-stream. It just isn't as entertaining content compared to QP or FP. Plus the waiting time is a big killer.

#7 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:29 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 30 March 2019 - 03:21 PM, said:

So yeah I just can't see anyone really streaming it regularly. I mean Dio does but that's about it.

I'd be willing to bet if you did, people would come to throw down with you. I would.

Edited by Dionnsai, 31 March 2019 - 07:29 AM.

#8 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:51 PM

I have no doubt many would.

I did try streaming it a few times and my viewer base just tanked and yeah, I stream to entertain/grow - not to go backwards and unfortunately that is what Solaris does.

#9 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 05:59 PM

fair enough, it does seem weird to me that most streaming is solo queue quickplay, which is objectively some of the worst shitshow of MWO...

Edited by Dionnsai, 31 March 2019 - 06:00 PM.

#10 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 March 2019 - 06:40 PM

Faction ends up being the same as well as Solaris.

I guess majority of playerbase does QP, they wanna see QP... Despite all it's misgivings and constant rotations. Sometimes we even have bets of how many laps we're going to do Posted Image

#11 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:37 PM

View PostDionnsai, on 31 March 2019 - 05:59 PM, said:

fair enough, it does seem weird to me that most streaming is solo queue quickplay, which is objectively some of the worst shitshow of MWO...

Mindless gameplay, but they do it for the viewer interaction with sync drops and all, for me I'll just get viewers to drop FP with me. And opposition can be 'decided' too if your viewers want to drop on the other side. I would say technically FP allows for less 'chance-based' sync dropping but hey the majority of the population hates FP because they solo drop, expect to not get clubbed by a premade and blame the opposition when they get ******* on.

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 31 March 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

I stream to entertain/grow

Don't we all ash, but I will probably shoot myself before I stream 100% QP.

#12 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 April 2019 - 04:20 AM

View PostYondu Udonta, on 31 March 2019 - 09:37 PM, said:

Mindless gameplay, but they do it for the viewer interaction with sync drops and all, for me I'll just get viewers to drop FP with me. And opposition can be 'decided' too if your viewers want to drop on the other side. I would say technically FP allows for less 'chance-based' sync dropping but hey the majority of the population hates FP because they solo drop, expect to not get clubbed by a premade and blame the opposition when they get ******* on.

Yeah I get it, I just find being forced to embrace the Nascar or die so incredibly annoying...that and trying to pug wrangle is often a futile argument with that one mechdad on the team who thinks he's the next incarnation of Erwin Rommel and has the loudest laptop microphone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users