Remove Win Loss From Solaris

22 replies to this topic

#21 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 07:25 AM

The ELO rating is a fair barometer of player ability, but win/loss gives a better overall picture of what you're getting into, especially against pilots who drop a large number of matches.

This is a 1v1 (or sometimes 2v2) competition where there are no excuses, no bad pug teams to blame, just you and the other guy. The people who don't like their bad K/D aren't going to be appeased by hiding it, their ELO will still show that they are sub-par. You win or lose based solely on your choices in the mechlab and your tactical ability as a pilot.

This is probably the truest reason for the low population in Solaris, pilots who "think" they are good because of how they do in quickplay have their illusions immediately shattered when they run into someone in Solaris who absolutely dominates them in seconds and makes them look like the mech-dads they are.

That said, some of us with thicker skin stick it out, study the opponents and get better. I'm much better than I was in season 1, and I can think of countless other pilots I've seen in Solaris from season to season getting better and better. Pilots I take seriously now that I never would have 2 or 3 seasons ago.

Solaris is not for the faint of heart, the thin skinned or the easily bruised ego. Keep Win/Loss, its your trophy wall, the evidence of the beatings you took to get better, and a mark of honor for those who have played a ton of matches. As well, it's a great way to see which pilots are here to play Solaris because they love it, and which pilots are "25 and done".

Edited by Dionnsai, 31 March 2019 - 07:26 AM.

#22 UnkerZ

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 March 2019 - 10:47 PM

View PostAlcom Isst, on 31 March 2019 - 01:32 AM, said:

y me specifically? Posted Image

What would be really fun is to have even more details about a player. More than just win/loss, show the entire history of a player, all of their matches with details like opponents, variants, maybe even the loadouts used. If there was an API we could go deep, summon the spirit of Tarogato, and put together matchup tables of how mechs and loadouts perform against each other!

Nahh I was looking around to pick on one, but yours had the biggest font lol

Id be curious if one runs into a match where you have a guy with 10 wins and 60 losses on the other end of the spectrum - then from match onset you could technically start out by insulting the pilot? lol...

Edited by UnkerZ, 31 March 2019 - 10:47 PM.

#23 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 April 2019 - 11:33 AM

this is still a bad idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users