26 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 10:03 AM

MW5 Mercs Discord 5th AMA
Hey everyone!
It's been 2 months now since our first General AMA and a lot of new people have been joining this Discord since out first AMA, so as a result, we'd like to host another General AMA for the next AMA!
We will be scheduling the next one for Wednesday, April 10th with the subject of General MW5 AMA.
@ 10AM PDT // 5PM UTC
@ 6PM PDT // 1AM UT
The Developers attending will be Russ Bullock and Alex Garden.

#2 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:26 PM

First !

#3 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:53 PM

Any news on that steam-free release?

#4 YeJJowjacket

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 02:23 PM

Lets see how many questions we can get to this time!

#5 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:21 PM

It's a shame they won't address any questions asked here during the AMA. I never think of it while it's going on (nor can I ever remember the question I want to ask on-the-spot), so it'd be nice to be able to leave it here when I think of it, and then catch the AMA later when it's uploaded to YouTube.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 09:35 PM

that would somewhat defeat the purpose of the pre-order-privilege, don't you think?

#7 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:05 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 02 April 2019 - 09:35 PM, said:

that would somewhat defeat the purpose of the pre-order-privilege, don't you think?

Answering the questions of those who are sitting on the fence will encourage them and their kin to pre-order/purchase, the people who have given you their money aren't going to give you more unless you're planning to sell them additional content down the line. Would you like to buy a 'mech pack?

#8 Tank

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:06 AM

This whole "Closed Door" discussions only is one of the reasons why stay away from pre-ordering MW5.
You would think they like us know how game development goes to promote the game.

Sorry, not in this day and age of gaming industry when consumer trust is depleted and PGI communications where less than stellar.

#9 Catnium

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 12:10 PM

The simple fact they do this is already wrong

#10 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:55 PM

I Agree.

I preordered the game because I wanted the MAD-II anyway and the price difference was a fair price for an entire game I might want to play someday.
But I haven't followed any of the AMA about it. The podcasts about WMO and the inability of the interviewed person to articulate simple thoughts in its native language were bad enough, and that was when I really cared about what is being told.

So now I'd much rather see them answering question of people who care about the game (in the forums) for those same people instead of having some ugly privilege that shouldn't exist in the first place.
Honestly, I thought I was reading wrong when preordering the thing...

#11 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:44 PM

View PostKuaron, on 03 April 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

I Agree.

I preordered the game because I wanted the MAD-II anyway and the price difference was a fair price for an entire game I might want to play someday.
But I haven't followed any of the AMA about it. The podcasts about WMO and the inability of the interviewed person to articulate simple thoughts in its native language were bad enough, and that was when I really cared about what is being told.

So now I'd much rather see them answering question of people who care about the game (in the forums) for those same people instead of having some ugly privilege that shouldn't exist in the first place.
Honestly, I thought I was reading wrong when preordering the thing...

so go ahead and ask them. If I get off work early enough I can ask them as your proxy

#12 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 03 April 2019 - 03:59 PM

This is nice of you, but if you re-read my post, you'll see that it is not me you should offer this to. ;)

#13 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 April 2019 - 06:47 PM

I can honestly say I forgot about that. I suppose that even as small as a 1000 person community would be, that's still a LOT of questions to answer in an hour. Although when I put it that way, I'm sure they're hoping a LOT more than 1000 people pre-order the game.

Which functionally brings me full circle to them just having a question thread that they open a week ahead of time, let it fill up with questions, review it for duplicated questions or stuff they don't want to answer yet, and then spend an hour with a live semi-rehearsed discussion that we can follow easier...

(Yes, I pre-ordered. I just can't ever remember the AMA sessions while they're live. I catch Critical Rocket's summary a few days later on YouTube, which usually has all the information in about half the time, anyway).

Edited by C337Skymaster, 03 April 2019 - 06:50 PM.

#14 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 06:43 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 03 April 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

(Yes, I pre-ordered. I just can't ever remember the AMA sessions while they're live. I catch Critical Rocket's summary a few days later on YouTube, which usually has all the information in about half the time, anyway).

Oh, wasn’t on his channel for a while. Thx for the hint, maybe this is something I could watch.

#15 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:09 AM

UglyTard 5 :D No sign of IK even in pve(interaction with terrain is really horrible)? Ehm, PGI you suck so horribly and still dare to charge people for this ugliness? Really, no ...

#16 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostCalebos, on 07 April 2019 - 01:09 AM, said:

UglyTard 5 Posted Image No sign of IK even in pve(interaction with terrain is really horrible)? Ehm, PGI you suck so horribly and still dare to charge people for this ugliness? Really, no ...

IK does work but it's rather resource intensive so they only use it for screen-shots. Maybe down the line when rigs are more powerful will they enable it...

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:56 PM

So how does one submit the questions to the AMA, do we do it during it? If so that means watching on twitch, or do we submit them beforehand?

#18 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:00 PM

View PostCalebos, on 07 April 2019 - 01:09 AM, said:

UglyTard 5 Posted Image No sign of IK even in pve(interaction with terrain is really horrible)? Ehm, PGI you suck so horribly and still dare to charge people for this ugliness? Really, no ...

Its there. (4:18)

Also IK is not that intensive and its a basic feature of UE. What is intensive is the difficulty in having it work with large objects and the level of competence the developer has in implementing appropriate limitations to movement... which a clip shown up above shows where in one case the limitation isn't set and thus the bug you see with the mech on the slope.

A simple ray tray over a small area around the actor (i.e. mech, tank, infantry, etc.) should be sufficient. If the joints have locked limits to prevent them from bending too far, it should be able to manipulate the animation sufficiently. Then, in EXTREME cases such as the one with the Zeus at 4:18, the slope should be SLIPPERY AS **** and make the mech/tank/etc. slide down/fall.

Edited by Koniving, 07 April 2019 - 02:08 PM.

#19 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:23 PM

View PostKoniving, on 07 April 2019 - 01:56 PM, said:

So how does one submit the questions to the AMA, do we do it during it? If so that means watching on twitch, or do we submit them beforehand?

You go to the discord. You can post questions there any time. The AMA sessions are held there.

#20 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:29 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 07 April 2019 - 09:23 PM, said:

You go to the discord. You can post questions there any time. The AMA sessions are held there.

I can't post in that channel.

Found it, they create a new channel for each AMA...
Never mind again, those are all locked and there's no AMA channel for the current one; I'm assuming it won't open until that time. Which kinda sucks cause I know I won't be here.

Edited by Koniving, 07 April 2019 - 09:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users