People Get Mad That I Don't Have Chat On...

62 replies to this topic

#21 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 07:28 AM

we demand you entertain us @mac

#22 MechWarrior414712

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 11:56 AM

How and where do you find these?

#23 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:25 PM

Mostly in div 1. No one likes losing, but losing to an 8-ac2 direwolf seems to be synonymous with asking “can you please pass the salt?” Especially the guys that think it’s enough to just show up running meta annihilators.

Edited by Makenzie71, 28 April 2019 - 12:25 PM.

#24 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:11 AM

You've beaten me a few good times, usually with sneaky surprise maneuvers. REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

View PostI O O percent KongLord, on 28 April 2019 - 11:56 AM, said:

How and where do you find these?

If you drop more than 25 matches per division, you'll run into plenty.

#25 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:31 AM

So....I'm trying to a bit better about hiding the names...but got this guy back to back this morning.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Maybe I don't know what "meta" is in this guy's context...the 3F stalker is somewhat common but I seldom run it because I can't control the heat. The Nightstar, though, is anything but "meta" and I run it almost exclusively in 2.

#26 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 May 2019 - 03:57 AM

Dunno why you worry so much.

I find it hilarious.

#27 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:19 AM

People are just garbage sometimes. It is funny when they are super salty though.

#28 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 15 May 2019 - 04:57 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 15 May 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

Dunno why you worry so much.

I find it hilarious.

It’s just one of those things that bugs me...and i find it a little sad. I can get pretty frustrated when I lose, but I’ve never found myself saying it’s because the other guy played the game wrong. You’ve seen the builds I drop...they’re things that are suited to the way I like to play, not really ideal to be competitive against the meta. I can’t wrap my head around blaming the other guy.

#29 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,681 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 May 2019 - 07:52 AM

Some guys are just looking for scapegoats to blame for their own failures. I laugh and move on, *** kickings will continue until competitiveness improves.

Edited by Horseman, 15 May 2019 - 07:53 AM.

#30 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 May 2019 - 02:12 PM

View PostMakenzie71, on 15 May 2019 - 04:57 AM, said:

It’s just one of those things that bugs me...and i find it a little sad. I can get pretty frustrated when I lose, but I’ve never found myself saying it’s because the other guy played the game wrong. You’ve seen the builds I drop...they’re things that are suited to the way I like to play, not really ideal to be competitive against the meta. I can’t wrap my head around blaming the other guy.

Shift it into a positive and have a laugh about it IMO. You cannot blame the other guy in a 1v1 scenario, and thus I get enjoyment in the salt that comes henceforth from people.

And don't get me wrong - I hate losing as well. In fact this season of Solaris I've lost more games than all the previous 3 put together I think so far, I'm at like 50% winrate cause for some reason I've lost my mojo.

Anyone that says the are "having fun" losing (half of the playerbase it seems) is absolutely full of it.

I dunno, just don't get why you're worried haha, just screenshot it - share it with friends - have a laugh and do it again. That's fun for me. I don't see it as toxic or a issue, it's a motivator to find MORE people like it for more lulz Posted Image

#31 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:00 AM

martial arts will teach you how to loose with grace and what comes from that...

If loosing in a fake video game makes you hate anything.. your doing something wrong in life...

ITS a game... its not real... this isnt real

#32 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:29 AM

View PostMakenzie71, on 15 May 2019 - 04:57 AM, said:

Dude I GG you every time i play even though you beat me every time we play and i don't mind if you don't return it cause you aren't rude about it, Solaris isn't my thing but i don't mind getting beaten because A) I suck 1 V 1 and 2 ) I like to see which builds win those fights.

I spectated a player who went off at a guy (might have been you actually) for playing ac2's turret warrior in solaris, i thought, nah thats because he only brings brawl builds like me and he just wants to beat me with a point blank burst (i watched the guy cause he just beat me with the ac/srm burst build), then he made a comment about your skill being low, but you're obviously better because you found a spot and controlled the entire map and he couldn't even get close, he was in a zeus, thats right. Anyway rude ******* couldn't handle he got outplayed before he even stepped off the elevator, lol keep up the good work (if it was you)

And rude people, you know that all chat, anyone can spectate that stuff so don't be rude ******.

Edited by Laser Kiwi, 16 May 2019 - 01:29 AM.

#33 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:32 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 16 May 2019 - 01:00 AM, said:

martial arts will teach you how to loose with grace and what comes from that...

If loosing in a fake video game makes you hate anything.. your doing something wrong in life...

ITS a game... its not real... this isnt real

I fought in quite a few karate tournaments in my younger years my record is basically 50/50, you have to be prepared to lose in life or life is going to be bloody tough and nothing teaches you lessons more than training hard and still failing miserably, that's why sport is so great.

#34 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:39 AM

Im actually not going to class tonight because i pulled my groin doing inside/outside crescent kicks

like 2 weeks ago.. but i just kept going at.. like aw the pain will stop ill be fine.. Well Tuesday we did sparing

i lined up for a side kick in to a back kick and when i came around for the back kick.. I strait up fell over... im limping bad, BUT my son still has to go to class tonight, so shes going to take him and explain my failure to my master

#35 Soedrin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 68 posts
  • Locationbehind you...

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:58 AM

IMO clicking the READY button shows more respect than a GLHF (if its luck we are hoping for maybe roulette would be a better game to play) as it gets the action rolling.

i wave at a few (you and you, and you) after i click ready...but mostly im in the tight grip of a 3 day vice leaning into a tilt that defines insanity (he beat me the last six times but i got him this time) so can barely keep from nodding half way through the elevator ride up.

#36 Soedrin

• PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 68 posts
  • Locationbehind you...

Posted 16 May 2019 - 02:11 AM

over the entrance of Gracie Barra in Seattle:

Check Your Ego At the Door

You will have matches you cant win...your ego will tell you its their fault...its not.
Doesnt matter how good you are...there is someone better...sometimes your opponent beats you...sometimes you beat yourself...but at some point you get beat.

#37 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 05:41 AM

I mean at this point if you just give a salute that is more proper than a GLHF

#38 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 May 2019 - 07:02 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 16 May 2019 - 01:45 PM.
unconstructive, replies removed

#39 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 16 May 2019 - 09:10 AM

While everyone has egos, I haven’t seen as much salt passed (there can be joking that looks like salt, but probably actually isn’t) amongst players that either know of each other or that have good w/l rates. You more often than not know “if this matchup presents a threat” going in. Of course...Upsets happen, lucky shots happen, crits/ammo explosions happen. We all have seen it and most of us can laugh off a “dumb” loss here or there as nearly inevitable if you play enough. It’s the players I have never seen or heard of before that seemed to me were throwing the most salt...but I haven’t really played this season, so maybe it’s changed.

#40 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 03:41 AM

hah same dude...suicided when we was about to lose the match legitimately.

Posted Image

Edited by Makenzie71, 17 May 2019 - 03:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users