• Pip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPL

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:35 AM

it did finished prematurely... yes..

but

i managed to play only one game (that I even havent finished due to client crash halfway) but still I can select reward :)

so i will have it for one (not complete) match :)

#402 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:45 AM

Here's a tip for you developers: If you're going to cancel the PTS early, PLEASE take the announcement about the PTS out of the in-game news! Thankfully I cancelled my PTS updating when I realized it was going to take hours I didn't want to spend NOT playing.

#403 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:45 AM

I have two completed and one "half" match, but I have reward.

Thank you PGI :)

#404 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:55 AM

Meh, PTS is offline, just when I was about to play.

Since the hint about the new PTS I was constantly looking for it, but since it was said that it wouldn't happen concurrently with another event I didn't notice the announcement below the Weekend Warrior Hot Drop 2 event until the 9th. When I finished patching the PTS, my available time was already over. No time to actually play on the 10th, so I didn't log in.

Yes, not getting the reward is a 1st world problem, but wasted time and bandwidth is a problem too Posted Image

Edit: https://twitter.com/...481890176983040 by Matt Newman‏ @Matt_Neutron

"There won't be an event on the live servers and there will be rewards for playing on the PTS... Stand by for more details to come." 9:42 AM - 3 Apr 2019

Edited by ThomasAH, 11 April 2019 - 09:59 AM.

#405 Doktorbike

• PipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 81 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:07 PM

For those complaining about the PTS download time, here is the quick way to get it that was posted earlier in this thread somewhere.
https://mwomercs.com...oad-everything/

Hopefully people will read this & we can have more testers when the PTS goes up again.

@ButPaul
An idea to increase the PTS population. Have the reward at about 10-15ml cbills with(if you can PGI?) maybe a warhorn or something similar as well. Also don't have an event going on the main servers at the same time.
With this reward people will be more likely to test what needs to be tested giving you all the data you need.It's almost enough to buy themselves a mech of there choice or whatever else they want in game. It should bring in players of all skill levels which, for this matchmaker PTS is essential
It's a win, win for PGI as if lots of people play then it's lots of data, if(still) not many play then it's no loss at all to PGI. Just an idea...

#406 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:37 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 08 April 2019 - 01:49 PM, said:

[color=orange]Story Driven Confict System:[/color]
This new feature is the first time that the game will drive conflicts happening in Faction Play. It will allow us to create story lines that play out over the course of a Conflict using a series of Phases. Basically consider a Conflict as a FP Event and that Conflict is make up of mini-events we can call Phases. For example, this PTS is playing out one Conflict consisting of 3 Phases (see image below). Once a conflict completes, the story arc ends and whatever the conflict was about will be resolved (planet switch, or story foretelling.)

Posted Image

Although that is better than the simplistic tug-of-war scheme we currently have, why oh why did PGI not take the next step and just do something like this oldie. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 11 April 2019 - 12:38 PM.

#407 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:29 PM

Holy Christ what a huge download! Brought back the days of downloading game demos over dial-up.
Couldn't wait to try the PTS, downloaded the patch and...nichts.

So what's the deal with the reward? Are they giving it out gratis to everyone? Only those who played? Did the download?
Will someone bring me up to speed so I don't have to sift through 21 pages of posts, please?

#408 _WRATH_

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

are you going to extend the time on this as the servers were down often?

#409 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:15 PM

View PostCyanEyd, on 11 April 2019 - 06:29 PM, said:

Holy Christ what a huge download! Brought back the days of downloading game demos over dial-up.
Couldn't wait to try the PTS, downloaded the patch and...nichts.

So what's the deal with the reward? Are they giving it out gratis to everyone? Only those who played? Did the download?
Will someone bring me up to speed so I don't have to sift through 21 pages of posts, please?

Awards were given to all those who signed in during the test period. You did not need to play any matches.

#410 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 12 April 2019 - 01:32 AM

PGI thankyou for the mechbay.
please consider an ALL chat instead of faction chats, nobody uses faction chat but many of us would appreciate an ALL chat.
please, please let us play invasion on all the maps even if certain maps only appear under certain conditions (ie Solaris City is only ever skirmish etc).
please consider removing trial mechs from invasion and perhaps having a tier four or tier three entry level.
please show damage taken at the end of a match as well as damage done.

#411 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:17 AM

Sorry haven't been able to keep up, parts came in for my car and you know how that goes. Can someone that's been active in this thread give me a TLDR?

#412 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 12 April 2019 - 05:26 PM

Don't mean to be dense, but when I go where the link takes me, there is nothing but a faction content pack that I picked up years ago. I never got to play the PTS because every time I logged in the servers were undergoing maintenance. Does that mean no mech bay for me?

#413 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 12:08 AM

I am really hoping that this phase idea including a period of scouting only is for the pts only. I play faction almost exclusively and am a member of BCMC. Very rarely do any of my unit mates or friends bother to play scouting unless it is to quickly burn probation matches and the core of the population (that is still left) are not playing scouting.

I appreciate that scouting is there and gives some flavour for those who enjoy it. I don't, and am a diehard who has literally pumped thousands of dollars into this game. Locking me out of the mode I want to play and enjoy for something I don't would be awful and that kind of drastic change would be essentially barring me from something I enjoy and would be as if the place I bought my car from every three weeks came and swapped it out for a moped. Not what I paid for, and not something that would be reasonable to do to a paying customer.

Really trying my best here to be civil, but understand that this is an anger inducing prospect for someone so heavily invested and focused on CW, who appreciates the effort to improve the mode, but balks at the very idea of being locked out of what I spent all that money for.

So don't force scouting on anybody please, and continue to keep it separate for those who enjoy it and perhaps work on other ways to make it tie into the conflict without trying to force people into as an only option available. We all have different schedules and it makes sense to be able to log on and go play the mode you like. Otherwise there could be a day or multiple days in a week I won't be playing MWO and I can't see that as a way to retain customers or get me to continue to support MWO.

Oh Paul in case you think I am exaggerating my expenditure I can shoot you a couple of email addresses so you can verify the ludicrous amount of money I have spent on a game, for a mode I absolutely love.

#414 Lith Dael

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 13 April 2019 - 02:11 AM

View PostGrus, on 12 April 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

Sorry haven't been able to keep up, parts came in for my car and you know how that goes. Can someone that's been active in this thread give me a TLDR?

OK.

PTS TL:DR

So they tried to do a PTS, but a wild Error 63 appeared resulting in the servers being effectively down for much of the PTS time.
PTS is down until they can fix the technical issues 100%.
It was very frustrating trying to get matches and even to log in most of the time, so Paul had the great idea to provide the rewards to ALL players who managed to log in at all (getting the previously required 4 matches was nearly impossible in any realistic gaming scenario).

Also: beep beep beep BEEEEP!
(this is very important, there was a 10 second match window and the countdown was beeping constantly and people were going crazy, there was human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...!)

Supposedly we can expect a PTS 2.0 in the near future, with timing set not to collide with any current mainstream event (riight...)

I am open to any further questions.

#415 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 10:22 AM

View PostLith Dael, on 13 April 2019 - 02:11 AM, said:

OK.

PTS TL:DR

So they tried to do a PTS, but a wild Error 63 appeared resulting in the servers being effectively down for much of the PTS time.
PTS is down until they can fix the technical issues 100%.
It was very frustrating trying to get matches and even to log in most of the time, so Paul had the great idea to provide the rewards to ALL players who managed to log in at all (getting the previously required 4 matches was nearly impossible in any realistic gaming scenario).

Also: beep beep beep BEEEEP!
(this is very important, there was a 10 second match window and the countdown was beeping constantly and people were going crazy, there was human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria...!)

Supposedly we can expect a PTS 2.0 in the near future, with timing set not to collide with any current mainstream event (riight...)

I am open to any further questions.

Interesting, I had none of these issues and was able to do the 4, and more, matches.

#416 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 13 April 2019 - 07:41 PM

View Postkraus0614, on 13 April 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

So, do the people that failed to login fall under this category? I did what I could...

I don't think it'll count if you can't login, cuz then at PGI side they can't see the login since the PTS server went down.

#417 BenMillard

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 38 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 April 2019 - 10:08 AM

Running the test from Monday to Thursday was obviously never going to work in a game populated by adults.

You just seem determined to fail in really obvious ways. (Even before technical issues and design focus.)

+1 for a UI bug fix and 'quality of life' update.

EDIT: Just for balance, Solaris has given me half a million GXP for Season 4 and the all-mode events are really generous. I don't hate PGI; I want them to succeed and that's why it's so frustrating when we see bad decisions.

Edited by BenMillard, 16 April 2019 - 10:13 AM.

#418 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:36 AM

View PostIronEleven, on 08 April 2019 - 03:24 PM, said:

Start the install process in the portal, kill the portal, copy your install folder to the folder it was trying to create, reopen the portal, click the 3 bars in the top left corner, run MWO repair tool.

Alternately, kill the portal, then re-open it, then run the repair tool. I think it'll take care of moving the files without the manual step.

#419 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 19 April 2019 - 03:58 PM

View PostOmniseed, on 19 April 2019 - 09:36 AM, said:

Alternately, kill the portal, then re-open it, then run the repair tool. I think it'll take care of moving the files without the manual step.

I think the idea to moving them is so it doesn't download them. The repair tool wouldn't move them. Only a handful of files should be different between both builds so this should save a lot of time. The repair tool will download any that don't match what the build should have.

Edited by TheCaptainJZ, 19 April 2019 - 03:58 PM.

#420 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 21 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

I expect that kind of MM change to result in :
- Players going out of their way to lower their Elo rating, to avoid being matched against full groups.
- A lot less small FP groups being used, to avoid being matched against full groups.
- Full groups going even more out of their way, to avoid being matched against each other.

What I expect for me :
- I will check for ways to lower my Elo rating.
- I will stop joining any small FP group.
- As soon as the MM throws me into a full group stomp, I won't queue back to prevent it from doing it right back to me.

What you could do :
- Give players the option to opt-in or opt-out, of all group fights.
- Find a MISSING INCENTIVE to make players choose to opt-in instead of opt-out, of all group fights.

I mean why don't you ALREADY provide an option for players to opt-out of group fights : Isn't it because too many players gladly would ? In which case the real problem is that there's no good reason for any of them to want to opt-in, and your current broken solution of simply forcing all of them to opt-in anyway, sucks. Find a way to make players decide to manually want to opt-in by themselves instead.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 21 April 2019 - 01:45 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users