• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:55 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 21 April 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

What I expect for me :
- I will check for ways to lower my Elo rating.
- I will stop joining any small FP group.
- As soon as the MM throws me into a full group stomp, I won't queue back to prevent it from doing it right back to me.

Lowering your ELO = intentionally throwing matches, yes?

That, my dear Clanner friend, is a CoC violation.

#422 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 03:28 AM

View PostRoland09, on 22 April 2019 - 12:55 AM, said:

Lowering your ELO = intentionally throwing matches, yes?

That, my dear Clanner friend, is a CoC violation.

Wrong assumption : You can lower your ELO without throwing a single match away.

Careful about posting illegal ways to do it though. Did you just do that ?

Edited by Humble Dexter, 22 April 2019 - 05:24 AM.

#423 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:02 AM

Lowering your ELO means you get matches last = much longer waits. Even if your side has less people, if your side has 27 people, you'll be of the 3 that doesn't get a match over and over again.

#424 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:53 AM

Depends how much you manage to lower it : It's not about being at the bottom, it's about not being at the top.

#425 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 22 April 2019 - 11:06 AM

What you could do :
- Give players the option to opt-in or opt-out, of all group fights.
- Find a MISSING INCENTIVE to make players choose to opt-in instead of opt-out, of all group fights.

1) You have two options for this. One is called Quick Play and the other one is called Solaris. You have been notified of the risks involved in that pop-up window when you have opened FW for the first time.
2) An incentive for people to play a game? And a F2P at that? Tell that to EVE Online (it is also F2P these days).

#426 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 April 2019 - 12:20 AM

I expect that kind of MM change to result in :
- Players going out of their way to lower their Elo rating, to avoid being matched against full groups.
- A lot less small FP groups being used, to avoid being matched against full groups.
- Full groups going even more out of their way, to avoid being matched against each other.

What I expect for me :
- I will check for ways to lower my Elo rating.
- I will stop joining any small FP group.
- As soon as the MM throws me into a full group stomp, I won't queue back to prevent it from doing it right back to me.

What you could do :
- Give players the option to opt-in or opt-out, of all group fights.
- Find a MISSING INCENTIVE to make players choose to opt-in instead of opt-out, of all group fights.

I mean why don't you ALREADY provide an option for players to opt-out of group fights : Isn't it because too many players gladly would ? In which case the real problem is that there's no good reason for any of them to want to opt-in, and your current broken solution of simply forcing all of them to opt-in anyway, sucks. Find a way to make players decide to manually want to opt-in by themselves instead.

Why do you care anyways? With your Lurm and ATM boats you are not catching the full potential of your skills. So why do you care?
Opt-in and out is a bad bad idea and i think its obvious why.

#427 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 28 April 2019 - 02:48 PM

bring the ranking system to invasion and add the quickplay maps.
add more turrets on defence and incursion, alter the dropzones, and please do not try to force us to scout.
improve loyalist rewards so they are equal with the frivolous weekend event rewards and fiddle with the horns until they don't lag.
everything is thus more betterer, please have a dropdeck sale and skin the 4v4 maps or make new seige maps so people don't exodus when mech5 releases, thankyou.

Edited by BROARL, 28 April 2019 - 04:26 PM.

#428 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 01:17 PM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 19 April 2019 - 03:58 PM, said:

I think the idea to moving them is so it doesn't download them. The repair tool wouldn't move them. Only a handful of files should be different between both builds so this should save a lot of time. The repair tool will download any that don't match what the build should have.

The repair tool will absolutely move them and you won't have to download anything except the files that are different for the current PTS

#429 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 29 April 2019 - 03:39 PM

View PostGilgamecc, on 29 April 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:

The repair tool will absolutely move them and you won't have to download anything except the files that are different for the current PTS

From the Steam install?

#430 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 19 May 2019 - 07:27 PM

@Paul
Great to see the testing for the match maker and story based campaigns was done and got to a point that it's now aimed to be included in the patch/hot fix this month.

Looking forward to reading more about the features and changes for the Loyalty system.

When you also get a chance could I cast your mind back to a comment made about the drop ships and how they are potentially blocking some changes or the addition of new features. Would it be possible to elaborate on this please.

#431 Weagles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:13 AM

While I am sitting in Queue waiting for a faction drop there is plenty of time to review the possibilities of the mechanics of the wait. There are possibilities to capitalize on the count down and wait time while increasing player participation using the existing structures and natural human tendencies when presented options.

Staging Bonus:

For each full 2 minute cycle spent counting down earn 50k cbill or 5 mc depending on the event. Visually display the accumulated staging bonus. Get paid only if you stay in queue until you get a match and your match score is greater than 100 in that match. Bonus paid at the end of the match.

Garrison Bonus:

If there is more than 12 left overs on a side dry drop them and put them back into queue in the order they dropped. Each pilot with a Loyalty contract gets a 250 LP bonus. Visually display accumulating LP Bonus. Get paid only if you stay in queue until you get a match and your match score is greater than 100 in that match. Bonus paid at the end of the match.

Contract Waiver Credits:

If there is more than 12 left overs on a side dry drop them and put them back into queue in the order they dropped. Each pilot with a Merc or Freelancer contract gets a waiver credit. Visually display accumulating waiver credits. If the waiver count gets to 3 visually display a change sides button next to the count down. Pressing the button changes the pilot's faction and queue but not the running totals on staging bonuses nor is their Merc or Freelancer status changed. Changing sides resets the contract waiver count to zero.

Exiting queue or by playing a match zeros out all accumulated bonuses and credits.

#432 Ceilyn

Rookie

• The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 7 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBasingstoke, England

Posted 30 June 2019 - 08:09 AM

so are these loyalties non-permanent outside of the story?
I've been a Jade Falcon loyalist since the beginning and after this update that doesn't seem to be an option anymore since you can only join story factions.
so will faction loyalty reset, or do i have to wait for a Jade Falcon story to come up to switch faction without penalty?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users