Countdown To Marauder Ii Release April 16Th!

154 replies to this topic

#21 Eskandare

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:28 PM

Please let the next mech pack be the Stone Rhino... *crosses fingers*

#22 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 10 April 2019 - 10:42 PM

The 9 missile slot variant will be interesting :D

#23 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:16 AM

The Beast cometh.
6 months from now.

#24 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:34 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 10 April 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

That's good news then, since the Fafnir never deserved any sort of noteriety, it was and is a huge liability for any team and is outclassed by other assaults with better hitboxes and agility.

Yeah, but dual Heavy Gauss all but guarantee at least one kill per match. The Fafnir, along with the Annihilator are the only two assault Mechs in MWO that actually feel like assault Mechs (except for maybe the Cyclops).

#25 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 April 2019 - 01:14 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 11 April 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

Yeah, but dual Heavy Gauss all but guarantee at least one kill per match. The Fafnir, along with the Annihilator are the only two assault Mechs in MWO that actually feel like assault Mechs (except for maybe the Cyclops).

Ani and Cyclops definitely, Fafnir is just a little too easy to target side torsos on imo, it's a bit of a glass cannon in that regard.

#26 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 02:17 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 10 April 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

That's good news then, since the Fafnir never deserved any sort of noteriety, it was and is a huge liability for any team and is outclassed by other assaults with better hitboxes and agility.

View PostEd Steele, on 11 April 2019 - 12:34 AM, said:

View PostRickySpanish, on 11 April 2019 - 01:14 AM, said:

Ani and Cyclops definitely, Fafnir is just a little too easy to target side torsos on imo, it's a bit of a glass cannon in that regard.

Fafnir has some of the best ballisic convergence on the assaults as well as all of them bein on the cockpit level and it not being too slugish, especially for a 100t assault. On top of that it can fot ECM for the team and decent backup weapons. It has large side torsos sure but the Fafnir is relatively small and can fit an oppresive ammount of dakka.
I run mine with double RAC2, double LBX10, triple ML and ECM with LE325. Once you open on an enemy assault they keep trying to twist and spread damage but you just do not stop shooting because heat is excellent and DPS is top notch. Once took on one assault after another, three in total, solo, and got out with on ST open. Why? Because Fafnir is an opressor, has large sidetorsos but when play to its strenghts (that of a bully), enemy won't get the chance to reliably do damage or at all while they panic. But if you decide to take on multiple enemies and get surrounded... that is purely your fault.
Fafnir is an opressor an a mean machine, not a diva.

#27 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:45 AM

View PostAcersecomic, on 11 April 2019 - 02:17 AM, said:

But if you decide to take on multiple enemies and get surrounded... that is purely your fault.

Indeed. Usually the biggest problem of the Fafnir is its pilot. 100t Mechs seem to attract inexperienced players, and the Fafnir is a well-known, well-beloved machine, attracting even more inexperienced players.
A good assault player. however. in a properly configured Fafnir rules the battlefield, never outclassed by anything. Even I can get results in it, and I am not a good assault player.

Btw., the Marauder II is also a well-known, well-beloved Mech...

#28 David Stone

Rookie

• The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 04:56 AM

Do we know what the quirks are for the Marauder II yet? I have ordered the standard pack and am considering the hero and reinforcements but I would like to know their quirks before i do.

#29 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:01 AM

I like the color-scheme.

reminds me of my childhood, in a good way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#30 Der Kopfsammler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:12 AM

Finally! I can't wait to pilot it... Posted Image

#31 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,605 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:16 AM

View PostDavid Stone, on 11 April 2019 - 04:56 AM, said:

Do we know what the quirks are for the Marauder II yet? I have ordered the standard pack and am considering the hero and reinforcements but I would like to know their quirks before i do.

Quirks might be released friday. Nothing as of now.

#32 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:46 AM

View PostHorseman, on 10 April 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure this cliff is from one of the versions of Frozen City.

Frozen Canyon Network is more likely

#33 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:19 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 11 April 2019 - 05:16 AM, said:

Quirks might be released friday. Nothing as of now.

Could be a bit later, friday could be more images of other variants, then quirks on saturday or sunday.

#34 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

It looks good but please please please do not give it that garbage bumbling-idiot animation that the King Crab and Nightstar have. Give it the nice smooth MAD/MAD-IIC animation please. This is critical!

#35 LostEngineer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:30 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 10 April 2019 - 10:42 PM, said:

The 9 missile slot variant will be interesting :D

8 x 20 rocket launcher stock. It's basically a walking "Frak this one mech in particular!" button

#36 Acersecomic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:58 AM

View PostGas Guzzler, on 11 April 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

It looks good but please please please do not give it that garbage bumbling-idiot animation that the King Crab and Nightstar have. Give it the nice smooth MAD/MAD-IIC animation please. This is critical!

Oh god, don't remind me. I love my KingCrab so much but it walks like it shat its pants. I hope they update its walking animation in the future.

#37 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:19 AM

View PostFLG 01, on 11 April 2019 - 04:45 AM, said:

Indeed. Usually the biggest problem of the Fafnir is its pilot. 100t Mechs seem to attract inexperienced players, and the Fafnir is a well-known, well-beloved machine, attracting even more inexperienced players.
A good assault player. however. in a properly configured Fafnir rules the battlefield, never outclassed by anything. Even I can get results in it, and I am not a good assault player.

Btw., the Marauder II is also a well-known, well-beloved Mech...

Never outclassed by anything? In a Fafnir? That's quite the statement, especially considering that the Annihilator, Mad Cat MK II, Cyclops and Blood Asp are all superior chassis :P Are you sure you yourself don't have some of that "beloved love" for the Fafnir clouding your judgement?

View PostLostEngineer, on 11 April 2019 - 10:30 AM, said:

8 x 20 rocket launcher stock. It's basically a walking "Frak this one mech in particular!" button

More like "frak this one 'Mech, that rock next to it, and that tree, and that moon up there" button.

#38 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 11 April 2019 - 11:19 AM, said:

Never outclassed by anything? In a Fafnir? That's quite the statement, especially considering that the Annihilator, Mad Cat MK II, Cyclops and Blood Asp are all superior chassis Posted Image Are you sure you yourself don't have some of that "beloved love" for the Fafnir clouding your judgement?

Outclassed in that the Fafnir is significantly and clearly inferior in most situations? I would not think so. The Mad Cat MkII seems to be superior overall, the Annihilator does better in some situations, the Cyclops perhaps in a niche, though I am not sure, and the Blood Asp... yeah, no, not at all.
I try to seperate my feelings from my analyses when ot comes to Mech performance in this game.

#39 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

View PostImperialKnight, on 10 April 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

Could there be such a thing as too high a high mount? Possibly, with the Marauder II

*hides behind cover*
"what the hell just cored out my CT!?"

Marauder is a bada** and doesn't have to hind behind cover!

#40 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 11 April 2019 - 05:01 AM, said:

I like the color-scheme.

reminds me of my childhood, in a good way.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by process, 11 April 2019 - 12:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users