Patch Notes - 1.4.199.0 - 16-Apr-2019

166 replies to this topic

#21 Felbombling

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:32 PM

Travel by Dropship appears to be every bit as dangerous as using Star Trek transporters... always a high danger of malfunction or disaster.

How about a derailed train for the next map, PGI. Then we can worry about rail travel, as well as space and naval. Posted Image

Edited by Felbombling, 11 April 2019 - 05:33 PM.

#22 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:34 PM

Looking forward for the winter version of Canyon Network with a twist. Posted Image

How about a desert version of Grim Plexus ? Or a beach one (like the outskirts of the "Endor" Forest Colony) It's a shame that part of the map layout got wasted because everyone always goes center. Also, a tundra or cold beach (not icy though) will not get weapons too hot.

We'll see how the slight increase to missile health works out. Probably still going to stick to direct fire or mainly just avoid using missiles altogether.

Edited by Alan Hicks, 11 April 2019 - 05:38 PM.

#23 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 11 April 2019 - 05:35 PM

View PostAlan Hicks, on 11 April 2019 - 05:34 PM, said:

Looking forward for the winter version of Canyon Network with a twist. Posted Image

How about a desert version of Grim Plexus ? Or a beach one (like the outskirts of the "Endor" Forest Colony) Its a shame that part of the map layout got wasted because everyone always goes center. Also, a tundra or cold beach (not icy though) will not get weapons too hot.

Pollar with HPG theme

#24 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:10 PM

View PostCallsigntal0n, on 11 April 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Okay 99.99% of this patch is amazing, the only issue i have is DO. NOT. LIMIT. NEW. PLAYER. COMMS. Like seriously who the F*** thought that was a good idea?!?!?! How are new players supposed to ask for help? Discuss builds? Make calls? Like seriously you are basically putting duct tape over the mouths of your fresh blood! Thats a TERRIBLE IDEA i cannot stress this enough when i first started VOIP in game Helped me so much its not funny, for all the stupid things pgi has done (side torso destruction heatspike for one) i have kept my opinions to myself for the most part but again DO NOT LIMIT VOICE COMMS TO NEW PLAYERS you will Drive down your new player count so hard its basically shooting yourself. PGI, please please please please DO NOT LET THIS GET INTO THE FINAL PATCH. for the love of all things sane.

View PostMonkey Lover, on 11 April 2019 - 04:23 PM, said:

Good job on keeping new accounts off voice comms, this should really help with the troll groups.

And here we see opposite ends of the the spectrum. I've not been Tier 5 for a while, and so don't know if there are really so many problems with trolls, but I have a couple of buddies who I'm trying to talk into trying out MWO and it's going to be a bummer if we drop and can't talk.

My first thoughts were along the lines of Callsigntal0n's, but I can see where Monkey Lover is coming from. It's a darned shame if trolls a really that prevalent.

View PostDomenoth, on 11 April 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

Man, what did Dropships ever do to you? Why you gotta put crashed ones in 80% of your maps?

Some of my family members are dropships but I can't show 'em this game 'cause clearly the only good dropship is a dead dropship.

#pgiHasIssues
That's a JumpShip, isn't it? If it's a DropShip, what class is it?

View Postshameless, on 11 April 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

new mech and a new map, holy hell pgi, progress

Also, what was the new mech announcement for this month?

I mean, they announced 4 new variants of the Catapult, Warhammer, Marauder, and King Crab (one of each) and told you to buy MW5: Mercs. Is that not good enough for you?

#25 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:23 PM

View Postblackcatf, on 11 April 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

And here we see opposite ends of the the spectrum. I've not been Tier 5 for a while, and so don't know if there are really so many problems with trolls, but I have a couple of buddies who I'm trying to talk into trying out MWO and it's going to be a bummer if we drop and can't talk.

i would recommend using something like discord or teamspeak if you want to talk with your friends. in-game VOIP quality is terrible anyway, so it's really not a big deal IMO.

#26 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:32 PM

I see PGI is finally getting around to fixing the Griffin 2N's buffed left shoulder that's been that way since the 'mech was injected four years ago (before I even started playing). I'm assuming that with the one point structure reduction, they're also reducing the armor by the two points that it's off?

#27 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:48 PM

That's a JumpShip, isn't it? If it's a DropShip, what class is it?

Its clearly a Normandy Posted Image

#28 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:06 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 April 2019 - 03:49 PM, said:

Additional fixes and improvements:
  • Fixed a bug where the Kodiak KDK-3 and KDK 3 (C) had diffident pitch angles.

Clarification needed.

Did you fixed the regular KDK-3 to have the KDK-3(C) pitch angle stats?

Or did you messed up KDK-3(C) to be utter garbage like the KDK-3?

Given PGI track record, I think everyone should know the answer.

#29 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:11 PM

?

Join a ts server or discord to talk with your buddy. People in group q really dont want to listen to you tell them how to use jj or how his day is going.. When we teach new people its in other coms. Ingame is only good for saying a few things.

Trolls are not in tier 5 theyre in group q. You will see them soon :)

#30 SleepyKraken

• Pip
  • The Scarecrow
  • The Scarecrow
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:02 PM

Yes! New map!! This patch looks great. But dam limiting new players comms seems a bit harsh.

#31 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:13 PM

I know no one really cares. But how about giving the Thantos Hangover a weapon heat quirk, it will work on Rockets as well.

#32 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:16 PM

Rewards for Solaris 7 needs to be known, when the Season starts. Not when it ends.

#33 rascje

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:26 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 11 April 2019 - 07:06 PM, said:

Clarification needed.

Did you fixed the regular KDK-3 to have the KDK-3(C) pitch angle stats?

Or did you messed up KDK-3(C) to be utter garbage like the KDK-3?

Given PGI track record, I think everyone should know the answer.

Another clarification:

... had DIFFIDENT pitch angles?!?!?

LOL

#34 Sereglach

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:46 PM

Patch doesn't look bad. I figured things would remain relatively light with FW missing the April mark and MW5 still in crunch for September. At least the PTS is going . . . I hope that's been doing well, most playtime of anything has recently taken a back seat to real life "stuff".

Anyway, now that the LRM fix is out in the wild and had it's first pass of tweaks, Chris Lowrey (only mentioning you since we had this discussion in the past), are Flamers going to be up soon? I'm quite looking forward to that. PTS runs for a few possibilities (like the one I keep pushing), maybe?

#35 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 11 April 2019 - 09:54 PM

Great job PGI with adding more maps into the game. I hope these actions will bring more people back in playing MWO. I notice there are more twitch streamers playing MWO in the past month, so it is a good sign.

#36 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:01 PM

I'm not even surprised to see that LRM buffs again. And I really doubt ATM 6 needs that health buff. It is already very powerful when used in numbers.
Other than that- nice map and buffs to MRM/SRM health.

#37 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:10 PM

I have to say I like this patch..

New mech - ok, that's to be expected..

New Map - finally! It's been long overdue.. even if it's just a re-hash of one of the popular maps.. at least it's not another Solaris City - And the map preview looks good.

Missile health buff - YES PLEASE! Thank you so much for this! One can only hope next patch will see some easier IDF locking, especially versus ECM - that part is still wonky and needs further work..

Hellfire getting buffs - It really needed some.. happy about that.

#38 Wolverine blood

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:33 PM

How many people carry AMS in a fight? Do you make them even more useless so that they will not be put on meches at all? LRM is no longer a weapon of support? Now is this the main type of weapons? Want to see this picture in the championships?

Edited by Wolverine blood, 11 April 2019 - 11:39 PM.

#39 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:59 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 11 April 2019 - 11:10 PM, said:

One can only hope next patch will see some easier IDF locking, especially versus ECM - that part is still wonky and needs further work..

No, it doesn't.

IDF is fine.

Try being in LOS for added sauce.

#40 TH3_SCHW4RTZ

• Pip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 19 posts
  • LocationIn your house, farting on your stuff.

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:01 AM

Looks good to me. Will be interesting to see how the restricted cadet VOIP works out. Thanks for the HLF buffs and the map looks awesome.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users